Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 11:24 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
So now a 23 year old is a child? Geeze some of you people keep bumping up the age limit every month it seems. Last I heard, this country considers a young person an adult at age 18.

You ever deal with 23 yos? I worked at a grad school (more than one). Trust me, most people in their 20s are still children.

Old 06-12-2015, 11:28 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,832,856 times
In this country, yes I agree 100%. And not just 20 year olds. Some are in their 40's and still act like a child.

Old 06-12-2015, 11:33 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Get a restraining order on her.
She is stalking you and has no logical practical reason to be in contact with you because you have no legal ties to each other.
this. while a restraining order wont stop her, it gives you the means to have her arrested to prove that you are serious about her leaving you alone.

Old 06-12-2015, 11:33 AM

9 posts, read 10,105 times
Indeed, in the west, a 20 year old woman is on average very immature compared to a woman of the same age in many other parts of the world. When you live in a culture that coddles and pampers you it's easy to become demanding and entitled, but in a country where life demands that you hustle and work hard, it's very different, which is why those countries turn out women who are very, very level headed and humble and hard working, and that's why they make great girlfriends and wives. My ex wife is nowhere near the league that my girlfriend is in. She doesn't even register on the scale. Same goes for all her friends.

Old 06-12-2015, 11:40 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Doe View Post
In the Philippines it is not taboo for an early 20s woman to be with a 40 plus year old guy. And I'm not talking about western men necessarily, what I mean is that among filipinos age is not a big issue.

It's one thing to criticize a western man for being with a much younger woman, but try going over to the Philippines and criticizing their culture and I don't think it will go down too well. The western way is not the only way, and it's certainly not the pinnacle of what's good or right.
If that man is a citizen from another country with financial stability (i.e American) Otherwise, young Filipino women typically don't stray too far from age.

My mother is a Filipina, and always propositioning me to marry a young Pinay. As young and beautiful as a lot of them are.....you got to be very careful! But I think most men who seek young Pinays exactly know where their "loyalty" lie$.

Old 06-12-2015, 11:42 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,704,148 times
Why has this become an American men and women stink for relationships because they are raised poorly ny horrible American parents vs. how to stop a crazy ex thread?

The OP's new girlfriend is not important for this thread (and frankly is turning into a distraction to the real topic... although the OP is focusing on her too for some reason).

OP, have you tried a restraining order or not? If no, why not? Have you tried blocking her number (assuming she's calling you)? How is she contacting you to harass you (might be able to come up with concrete ideas and less "poop" stirring if you give us some concrete information).

Old 06-12-2015, 11:49 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Doe View Post
Indeed, in the west, a 20 year old woman is on average very immature compared to a woman of the same age in many other parts of the world. When you live in a culture that coddles and pampers you it's easy to become demanding and entitled, but in a country where life demands that you hustle and work hard, it's very different, which is why those countries turn out women who are very, very level headed and humble and hard working, and that's why they make great girlfriends and wives. My ex wife is nowhere near the league that my girlfriend is in. She doesn't even register on the scale. Same goes for all her friends.
Ah yes, another "American women are the worst" post. We all expect a man to support us because most of us are lazy and entitled.

Interesting how these men, presumably raised in the EXACT SAME CULTURE, turn out completely different (in their esteem, anyway). And they don't seem to notice that their own mothers apparently raise these lazy, awful women (because by virtue of being a woman, their mothers are also lazy and awful).

Old 06-12-2015, 12:16 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,967,013 times
I bet you felt the same way about your ex in the beginnings "a complete breath of fresh air".

Old 06-12-2015, 12:17 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Again, how exactly does your ex know so much about your present relationship? How does she know how you treat your girlfriend? How does she know how old she is?

Old 06-12-2015, 12:20 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
In this country, yes I agree 100%. And not just 20 year olds. Some are in their 40's and still act like a child.

It isn't just in this country. I've traveled extensively through Central and South America and SE Asia. It's no different there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
Why has this become an American men and women stink for relationships because they are raised poorly ny horrible American parents vs. how to stop a crazy ex thread?

That was the entire point all along. It was a thread to bash American/Western women. The other stuff was just a story to push an agenda.

Last edited by timberline742; 06-12-2015 at 12:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships