Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 09:41 PM

645 posts, read 750,767 times

Advertisements

to all single ladies or any ladies with good advice..do you find it better to date men younger than you or your age or older? why is it better or worse? just curious because I am 35, single and I tend to date younger men usually between 21-30 but only because that's usually what I attract due to the fact I look younger than my age.....I know older men are known to be more stable..but I have also met younger guys who are also stable yet maturity level sometimes is not on the same level......what do you all prefer and think is better?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2015, 11:12 PM

5 posts, read 3,591 times
Dating men older or younger both are fine and a stands up in a great to go relationships, but only if they are handled nicely.

Old 06-24-2015, 11:23 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,845,939 times
I will no longer date much under 30. Younger than that and they haven't matured enough yet to have a real relationship. I only ended up very disappointed.

Old 06-25-2015, 01:06 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reen79 View Post
to all single ladies or any ladies with good advice..do you find it better to date men younger than you or your age or older? why is it better or worse? just curious because I am 35, single and I tend to date younger men usually between 21-30 but only because that's usually what I attract due to the fact I look younger than my age.....I know older men are known to be more stable..but I have also met younger guys who are also stable yet maturity level sometimes is not on the same level......what do you all prefer and think is better?
The older guys I've met haven't really been any better than the younger ones, but I'd feel a bit creepy talking to someone younger than 25 or so...doesn't mean I haven't done it, but I don't feel like I could have anything serious with someone so young. Ideally, I'd like them to be within 6 years younger than me, so that would still be late 20s. Unfortunately, there are a lot of attractive guys who are younger than that. I look younger too, so it's not a big deal now, but as time goes on, I wouldn't want to look much older than him.

Old 06-25-2015, 01:18 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,415,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reen79 View Post
Idk.. I've met some guys who are younger who act a lot more mature and actually look a lot older than guys in my age group, and seem very commitment-minded.. something about dating a guy a decade younger doesn't appeal me.

However, peeling down the layers.. some of these guys are really great, and they are loyal and very mature, and they treat people with respect and are all around great contenders. But still. At least they are not tainted.

Old 06-25-2015, 05:41 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,153,368 times
OP: It really depends on what you are looking for. Chances are, at 35, you won't find a meaningful relationship with a 21-year-old guy. But you could have a good time.

Generally, you should evaluate each person as an individual and not an age. Consider that someone significantly younger will likely be at a different stage of life than you are.

Old 06-25-2015, 05:42 AM

19,717 posts, read 20,244,680 times
I prefer older men. Not super-old, but these young ones tend towards immaturity & really sh!tty taste in music.

Old 06-25-2015, 05:54 AM

1,178 posts, read 1,360,784 times
I am not in my 30's, just popped in though and wanted to tell you that I have known/know quite a few men in their 40's, 50's and 60's who still act like men in their 20's. And some of the 20-something men prob. are more emotionally mature than some of these.
I agree that it is individual. Age is really just a number. If I were in my 30's and single, and not interested in a serious relationship, I would just date people I am attracted to and ones who seem interesting....and if I had the chance to be with an unlined, fresh-faced, bright eyed gorgeous 21 year old with a nice bod and who is mature? Absolutely! Men have been dating younger women for years and I see nothing wrong with being with whoever you want to be as long as they are an adult. (Heck, I wouldn't mind finding one of those now

Old 06-25-2015, 06:07 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebyanothername View Post
I am not in my 30's, just popped in though and wanted to tell you that I have known/know quite a few men in their 40's, 50's and 60's who still act like men in their 20's. And some of the 20-something men prob. are more emotionally mature than some of these.
I agree that it is individual. Age is really just a number. If I were in my 30's and single, and not interested in a serious relationship, I would just date people I am attracted to and ones who seem interesting....and if I had the chance to be with an unlined, fresh-faced, bright eyed gorgeous 21 year old with a nice bod and who is mature? Absolutely! Men have been dating younger women for years and I see nothing wrong with being with whoever you want to be as long as they are an adult. (Heck, I wouldn't mind finding one of those now
Ugh, I know, but I personally feel like a predator when it comes to really young guys. lol I know that they're ok with it, but it feels wrong to me. Like I'm trying to take advantage of a child.

Old 06-25-2015, 06:24 AM

371 posts, read 543,504 times
It would be hard for me to date any younger than upper 20s... mid 20s would be a serious no-no!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships