Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 05:35 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,811,998 times

Advertisements

So just came across this article, and was wondering how many people agree with it? I know this guy Evan Marc Katz is a bit controversial, but I feel like he really gives some insight into the way men think.

http://www.evanmarckatz.com/blog/dat...you-after-sex/

Last edited by bebe182; 06-28-2015 at 05:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 05:45 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,708,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
So just came across this article, and was wondering how many people agree with it? I know this guy Evan Marc Katz is a bit controversial, but I feel like he really gives some insight into the way men think.

http://www.evanmarckatz.com/blog/dat...you-after-sex/
Might want to fix your link....but the dude is a jerk....if someone claims to know how men (or women) think they are lying to make a buck,

Old 06-28-2015, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
Might want to fix your link....but the dude is a jerk....if someone claims to know how men (or women) think they are lying to make a buck,
Thanks...fixed!

Old 06-28-2015, 05:57 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,118,754 times
LOL. Have never heard from him. His "About" section is woeful.

read the article, thought it was vague and full of not much, really.

I mean this

"Our actions reveal whether there’s any deeper intentions behind our words.

So again, the only way you can tell if a guy is sincere is by WHAT KIND OF EFFORT HE MAKES FOR YOU AFTER YOU GO OUT."
isn't exactly ground breaking stuff.

Old 06-28-2015, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
LOL. Have never heard from him. His "About" section is woeful.

read the article, thought it was vague and full of not much, really.

I mean this

"Our actions reveal whether thereā€™s any deeper intentions behind our words.

So again, the only way you can tell if a guy is sincere is by WHAT KIND OF EFFORT HE MAKES FOR YOU AFTER YOU GO OUT."
isn't exactly ground breaking stuff.
I totally agree some of the stuff he writes is pretty much common sense.

I think the part that got me was this:

"When I was dating prolifically, Iā€™d be going out with two or three women at a time. And every single time I went out, I did two things:

I tried to be the best date I possibly could. Iā€™d call, email, express interest, plan a good date, show up on time, etc.
I tried to make her want me really badly. Iā€™d listen, Iā€™d lean in, Iā€™d flirt, Iā€™d compliment her.
In short, I wanted every single date to feel good about me, so I would have the option of going out with her again. Sometimes, weā€™d hug goodbye. Other times, weā€™d drunkenly go back to her place. But no matter what, I was looking to keep my options open, have fun, and sometimes get a little action. And yes, I was always in pursuit of a long-term relationship. I just didnā€™t want to deprive myself entirely of sexual activity until I fell in love."

I understand making the most of every date you go on but as a woman I only kiss and compliment guys I'm into, however he is basically saying men don't have to be into you to do those things...and yes I know there's many people on these forums who say the same thing.

Old 06-28-2015, 06:08 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,348,750 times
People actually pay for this advise?

Old 06-28-2015, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Apparently, I think he has two book out if I'm not mistaken.

Old 06-28-2015, 06:13 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,118,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
....exactly.

Old 06-28-2015, 06:20 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
What he says is true but many already know this.

Old 06-29-2015, 12:32 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,417,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post

How To Guarantee A Guy Calls You After Sex
Some people are really good at putting an act, and some people like to make others feel good.. Moral of the story, you have to give the relationship time and see the person for what they are before you allow them into your space.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships