Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 12:53 PM

29,775 posts, read 34,512,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Just give it up man. Most women will think you're a creeper for complimenting them.
A general, friendly compliment? Probably not. The way the OP's suggesting? Absolutely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2015, 12:55 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,117,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
A general, friendly compliment? Probably not. The way the OP's suggesting? Absolutely.
Yep, there's an absolute and obvious difference between, "You look nice today!" and, "You have nice legs."

Old 07-29-2015, 12:56 PM

698 posts, read 589,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongNote View Post
I ain't no virgin, I use my cojones.

Granted I don't have experience with long term relationships because I usually don't call them back. I feel it's unwise to get too attached to one person.

But I've never complimented a woman and had her not say thank you afterwards, this includes workmates. Usually they come in the next day dressed a little sexier than the day before . I think they like getting the attention their man isn't giving them at home, and I don't mind giving it.
If you really do this at work eventually you will find yourself unemployed and giving a deposition. However, I get the feeling that you are just trolling or that your "workmates" are the imaginary women you speak to while taking a break from masturbating and playing World of Warcraft in your parent's basement.

Old 07-29-2015, 01:01 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,326,925 times
Quote:
Even friendly comes across as creepy to some women. Sometimes, you just can't win with some women.

Old 07-29-2015, 01:03 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,472,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Yep, there's an absolute and obvious difference between, "You look nice today!" and, "You have nice legs."
There is an equally large gap between "you have nice legs" and "I like your well lotioned, clean shaven legs."

Super duper yikes.

Old 07-29-2015, 01:05 PM

321 posts, read 293,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
There is an equally large gap between "you have nice legs" and "I like your well lotioned, clean shaven legs."

Super duper yikes.

True. But it is just best to not comment on physical features like that to women, especially non romantic ones. There are plenty of ways to compliment someone, and to let them know you find them attractive, without going there.

Old 07-29-2015, 01:08 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,117,464 times
Quote:
Even friendly comes across as creepy to some women. Sometimes, you just can't win with some women.
...which is why some people should not even try.

Old 07-29-2015, 01:59 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,638,001 times
Quote:
True. Remember we live in a society of double standards, compliments are inappropriate and creepy only when they come from men. Some women actually enjoy them but you have to be carefull just make sure find the right ones.

Old 07-29-2015, 02:03 PM

29,775 posts, read 34,512,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
True. Remember we live in a society of double standards, compliments are inappropriate and creepy only when they come from men. Some women actually enjoy them but you have to be carefull just make sure find the right ones.
Oh, please. Is it really groundbreaking news that when you're approaching a complete stranger of any kind in public, as well-intentioned as you might be, some of them will be open to talking to you and some won't want to be bothered? It's not a double standard, it's just how people are.

Old 07-29-2015, 02:06 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,638,001 times
Quote:
Oh, please. Is it really groundbreaking news that when you're approaching a complete stranger of any kind in public, some of them will be open to talking to you and some won't want to be bothered?
As I was saying
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships