Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 12:00 PM

837 posts, read 753,900 times

Advertisements

Growing up, I read lots of books on dating because I've always struggled in dating horrendously. I wanted to get decent at it so badly so I read and I read. I didn't even get my first kiss until 20 and I was a virgin until 23.

Well, I'm 26 and I've accomplished every single thing the books told me to do

- I would say I'm at least good looking, maybe even very good looking. I get compliments almost on a daily basis from friends, relatives/wives/girlfriends of friends, random strangers at a bars, my clients at work who adore me, etc... it just doesn't end.

- very fit - resemble a bodybuilder. Also dress very sharp - get compliments 24-7 on how I dress as well.

- I make around 170-180K - have all the material things you could want, nice house, fancy luxury sports car. I'm better off by miles than anybody else I know who is under 30. I'm talking miles and miles because I live in a very reasonable cost area. I'm also very grateful for this as I was poor growing up.

- I have a fantastic lifestyle, pretty much do whatever the hell I want - nice restaurants, concerts, sports events, etc... I love my life. I have wonderful friends

- I'm plenty intelligent - have a college degree, can hold a good conversation on anything

- I'm very easy to get along with. I've had friends from every walk of life - I can make almost anybody feel comfortable around me.

The point of the thread is not to brag about anything, it's that I feel like I'm better than the overwhelming majority of men in almost every subcategory yet i find dating to be absolutely impossible. I've never had a girlfriend, even though that's all I've wanted for the last 10 years...I don't even care about just getting laid. I want a good high quality girlfriend.

My problem is that the women sort of in my league - decent looking, decent shape, close to my age range - never ever ever give me any signs of interest or make it somewhat easy for me to talk to them. Whenever I see somebody I like, there's 5,000 obstacles in the way and it's so damn hard for me to overcome them. I went out last night and there was this super cute girl with that thicker athletic bodytype that I have who was out with a friend of a friend but trying to engage her was so damn hard because of the obstacles in the way.

I just don't know guys. I feel that I'm going to die alone. I'm not willing to settle for someone morbidly obese and the halfway decent looking women my age never want anything to do with me. The weird thing is that they're the only people who act that way - everybody else absolutely adores me - straight men, gay men, older people, younger people. I get way more compliments and attention from gay men than women for example. It's just baffling.

Old 07-12-2015, 12:18 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
This is so sad on so many levels.

Old 07-12-2015, 12:18 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
This is another one of those "it's probably impossible to know what your issues are without meeting you in person" kind of things. You might be doing something off-putting but we would have no way of knowing it.

What kind of obstacles are you talking about?

Old 07-12-2015, 12:19 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Previous thread on this already locked. Can a Man Be a "Great Catch" and Still Be Horrible in Dating?

Old 07-12-2015, 12:28 PM

11,798 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Seriously, go back and read over the posts you've made under probably 10 different usernames over the past few years. Read what you've written, and the multitude of replies you were given because the answers aren't going to be any different now.

You're very surface, very shallow, and if "everyone" loves you, maybe you belong to a circle of people who are also surface and shallow, so you're getting validation from others who can't see their flaws either.

Old 07-12-2015, 12:33 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,400,016 times
People do not "adore" the guy who sells them a car.

Old 07-12-2015, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
What kind of obstacles are you talking about?

the dating process to me is just always filled with obstacles

I went out with some friends last night and a friend of a friend of a friend was there and she was so sexy...god I wanted to talk to her but they were going to another bar immediately when I went there and of course my group didn't want to go there

on thursday, I wanted to talk to somebody else but there's 6 guys trying to holler at her at the same time

the dating process is just set up to be soooooooooooooooo easy for women and it doesn't work vice versa

Old 07-12-2015, 01:02 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,210,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantleygilbert View Post

- I would say I'm at least good looking, maybe even very good looking. I get compliments almost on a daily basis from friends, relatives/wives/girlfriends of friends, random strangers at a bars, my clients at work who adore me, etc... it just doesn't end.
Dont believe what people say, believe what they do. Women are not making themselves avaiable to you, given what you have written this is incomprehensible. I am assuming you are at least of average height, you did not say, and that you are not some guy looking only for an inter racial relationship. The only important characteristic on your list that is subjective is looks, therefore I must conclude that you are not as good looking as you think you are. Your choices are make yourself better looking or lower your standards.

I don't know why you are geing accused of trolling, your situation is not uncommon among guys that achieve financial and other success then find they can not get a date with a woman they think they deserve. Been there done that.

Old 07-12-2015, 01:20 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantleygilbert View Post
the dating process to me is just always filled with obstacles

I went out with some friends last night and a friend of a friend of a friend was there and she was so sexy...god I wanted to talk to her but they were going to another bar immediately when I went there and of course my group didn't want to go there

on thursday, I wanted to talk to somebody else but there's 6 guys trying to holler at her at the same time

the dating process is just set up to be soooooooooooooooo easy for women and it doesn't work vice versa
So, basically, you aren't getting the hot sexy woman that you think you deserve?

Those aren't obstacles.

Old 07-12-2015, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
Dont believe what people say, believe what they do. Women are not making themselves avaiable to you, given what you have written this is incomprehensible. I am assuming you are at least of average height, you did not say, and that you are not some guy looking only for an inter racial relationship. The only important characteristic on your list that is subjective is looks, therefore I must conclude that you are not as good looking as you think you are. Your choices are make yourself better looking or lower your standards.
I'm 5'10 200 LBs - look sort of like a football linebacker
I look latin/greek/italian
I like women who are either fair skinned white or latin/greek/italian

and I don't doubt people's compliments anymore because it's just never ending. I had 5 different set of customers who said I was extremely handsome in about a week at my job. Why would all these random strangers be lying to me? I had this asian lady, she didn't even speak any English. She wanted to tell her daughter in law to tell me that I'm very handsome. It was hilarious

I get endless raving compliments for pretty much everything - my hair, my physique, my complexion, my teeth, how I dress and obviously for being a very nice/genuine person
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships