Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 05:48 PM

47 posts, read 30,812 times

Advertisements

Excuse my sentence structure or composition if its not good or seems random I always skated by in English class but I know how to write my thoughts down.

My girlfriend and I met in early January we were classmates in Drawing 2 on campus. I’m a sociable guy, I can talk to anyone doesn’t matter who they are being the leader type that I usually am but she was the first person I ever met who I couldn’t keep conversation with I was nervous around her. During spring break since I never got the chance to get her number although we managed to talk more often she got a hold of me via Facebook I was completely shocked I thought I lost all chances with her over break and some other guy was going to swoop in. We hit it off and shortly after we were already making plans like we were a couple. She’s the shy type and I noticed if another guy besides myself tries to speak with her he instantly gets the cold shoulder. We had a wonderful first date we stayed out all night till past 12 although I had exams the next day and I turned out to be her first kiss although she’s 19 and I’m 21 that also was my first special moment as well it felt real unlike my past girlfriends the chemistry is strong. We held each other close but soon after I got a little aroused and poked her a bit on accident and she quickly moved her area off of mine , she kind of poked her buns out a little to back away I didn’t force her back or anything but this was a special day for me. She always gives a tug though or says she’s noxious which is true, we get a bit affectionate and she’s kind of overly emotional at times. As time passed I attended her graduation ceremony at first she didn’t tell me at all because her parents were coming but I insisted and met them anyway it was actually a good time she’s an honor student with a 4.0 after all and me I work hard all day to achieve my 2.6 although I don’t try as hard as she does a 70% used to be fine for me, but she changed me made me feel like trying was something worth doing again. We have been together for more than 4 months and I being a “cancer” and her a “Taurus” things are seeming to go smooth she constantly needs space and time and I wasn’t one for zodiac signs but it is true Taurus’s take a long time to open up she doesn’t tell me how she feels about me but she’s always there if I really need her. She went out of her way to buy me some medical items and a butt ton of yogurt (it was the expensive kind of items I didn’t expect her to I just wanted one yogurt. When she asked if I needed anything she also bought ice-packs and the whole deal) when I got a contusion and a concussion from hitting my head on a sharp cabinet next to the temple. Things are going by pretty slow but I’m fine with that it just stings every now and then from not getting verbal confirmation from her. She once told me I like you a lot when we first met, she told me when I left to go home for 2 weeks I missed you but those are few she seems to show her affection in actions but slowly. She’s never lain on me but on the fourth of July for the first time she laid her head against my chest for a few minutes and sat there as I pet her hair and watched the fireworks afterwards she pushed me gently and backed away. As of now she bought me an RC heli for my birthday and she knows I enjoy small gadgets were both nerds but I’m a techno nerd as she is a comic book fan. I really like her and I’ve yet to open up fully because I don’t want to chase her away I let her know constantly when she’s overwhelmed or moody that I am here for her but she’ll say thank you ,but I can handle it on my own. Lately she’s been pressing for more time alone and since I usually have a lot of free time I spend it thinking about her and why she’s gets so distant. She’s at the point now where she doesn’t want to spend time alone in my room anymore unless I have a roommate which won’t be until fall semester in late august. I am concerned on why I spend so much time wondering where I really stand with her. We are a great match and I would love to be playful with her and show her my full qualities. She seems happiest when we are together and when apart she says she hates texting and long distance things like Skype because she was hurt in the past like I stated in earlier posts. I last spoke to her 2 Thursday and before that a week because her grandparents came to visit her and she hates them and when I spoke to her she seemed to be quite pissed off so I told her Ill contact her later and I'm here if she wants to talk but she sent no response as of yet. I know she has a lot on her plate she works and I’m working on getting my license but she drives us all the time. (I pay for everything as a make up for not driving.) She also is taking care of her mom and dad’s family business and farm alone while they are out of state for the next few months. I just want to know what steps should I take to keep this relationship I like her a lot I dare to say love, but I don’t want to push her away. She spends a lot of time with her girlfriends as well I don’t think she has many guys in her life besides me and her best friend’s younger brother or her father. I am pretty good friends also with her closest friends they say she likes me a lot and is rather fond of me being such a gentleman and that I have their approval for whatever that means. I haven’t called her back yet since shes in one of her moods I was thinking of doing it Sunday is that a bad call or should I just wait. I’m also a loyal guy who is good looking, nice and very intelligent a lot of single girls are taking notice of my girlfriends absence and want to hang out or take me to a bar and I’m not the drinking type plus I want her for now and her only so what are some steps I should take to keep her from running away or from pushing her away? I’m actually pretty low maintenance a simple “hey” or a picture of her when she’s out with friends having fun, or even just simple actions are enough so I don’t need much from her to rekindle my resolve at the end of the week of no contact when she wants it .She’s actually a playful gal just very reserved. Any ladies or men who can relate from any view point? Sorry about posting about her often I’m just confused and its beginning to make me angry since I have so much free time and nothing to do with it. My friends are out state for college, I don’t really work, and since I’m down here on campus I’m usually done with my day and class at 11am I’m available pretty often. I’m an art student so I sketch but I haven’t in month’s lol and I go to the gym, but only 2 times a week.I am not a shut in or anything I just spend all day pondering on life since I left my gaming equipment back home.( no I don't text her all day or stare at texts or stalk her I just spend time in thought I am a deep thinking type of person.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2015, 05:50 PM

62,058 posts, read 87,760,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jep_Zero View Post
Excuse my sentence structure or composition if its not good or seems random I always skated by in English class but I know how to write my thoughts down.

Not sure. What I see is a sea of words...
I will pass on that one.

Old 07-24-2015, 05:54 PM

102,308 posts, read 108,445,430 times
Paragraphs are your friend, OP.

Old 07-24-2015, 05:54 PM

49,926 posts, read 60,163,843 times
Default REFORMATTED VERSION (also made PG13)

Forget sentence structure. Just freaking indent every once in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jep_Zero View Post

My girlfriend and I met in early January we were classmates in Drawing 2 on campus. I’m a sociable guy, I can talk to anyone doesn’t matter who they are being the leader type that I usually am but she was the first person I ever met who I couldn’t keep conversation with I was nervous around her. During spring break since I never got the chance to get her number although we managed to talk more often she got a hold of me via Facebook I was completely shocked I thought I lost all chances with her over break and some other guy was going to swoop in.

We hit it off and shortly after we were already making plans like we were a couple. She’s the shy type and I noticed if another guy besides myself tries to speak with her he instantly gets the cold shoulder. We had a wonderful first date we stayed out all night till past 12 although I had exams the next day and I turned out to be her first kiss although she’s 19 and I’m 21 that also was my first special moment as well it felt real unlike my past girlfriends the chemistry is strong.

We get a bit affectionate and she’s kind of overly emotional at times. As time passed I attended her graduation ceremony at first she didn’t tell me at all because her parents were coming but I insisted and met them anyway it was actually a good time she’s an honor student with a 4.0 after all and me I work hard all day to achieve my 2.6 although I don’t try as hard as she does a 70% used to be fine for me, but she changed me made me feel like trying was something worth doing again.

We have been together for more than 4 months and I being a “cancer” and her a “Taurus” things are seeming to go smooth she constantly needs space and time and I wasn’t one for zodiac signs but it is true Taurus’s take a long time to open up she doesn’t tell me how she feels about me but she’s always there if I really need her. She went out of her way to buy me some medical items and a butt ton of yogurt (it was the expensive kind of items I didn’t expect her to I just wanted one yogurt. When she asked if I needed anything she also bought ice-packs and the whole deal) when I got a contusion and a concussion from hitting my head on a sharp cabinet next to the temple.

Things are going by pretty slow but I’m fine with that it just stings every now and then from not getting verbal confirmation from her. She once told me I like you a lot when we first met, she told me when I left to go home for 2 weeks I missed you but those are few she seems to show her affection in actions but slowly. She’s never lain on me but on the fourth of July for the first time she laid her head against my chest for a few minutes and sat there as I pet her hair and watched the fireworks afterwards she pushed me gently and backed away.

As of now she bought me an RC heli for my birthday and she knows I enjoy small gadgets were both nerds but I’m a techno nerd as she is a comic book fan. I really like her and I’ve yet to open up fully because I don’t want to chase her away I let her know constantly when she’s overwhelmed or moody that I am here for her but she’ll say thank you ,but I can handle it on my own. Lately she’s been pressing for more time alone and since I usually have a lot of free time I spend it thinking about her and why she’s gets so distant. She’s at the point now where she doesn’t want to spend time alone in my room anymore unless I have a roommate which won’t be until fall semester in late august.

I am concerned on why I spend so much time wondering where I really stand with her. We are a great match and I would love to be playful with her and show her my full qualities. She seems happiest when we are together and when apart she says she hates texting and long distance things like Skype because she was hurt in the past like I stated in earlier posts. I last spoke to her 2 Thursday and before that a week because her grandparents came to visit her and she hates them and when I spoke to her she seemed to be quite pissed off so I told her Ill contact her later and I'm here if she wants to talk but she sent no response as of yet.

I know she has a lot on her plate she works and I’m working on getting my license but she drives us all the time. (I pay for everything as a make up for not driving.) She also is taking care of her mom and dad’s family business and farm alone while they are out of state for the next few months. I just want to know what steps should I take to keep this relationship I like her a lot I dare to say love, but I don’t want to push her away.

She spends a lot of time with her girlfriends as well I don’t think she has many guys in her life besides me and her best friend’s younger brother or her father. I am pretty good friends also with her closest friends they say she likes me a lot and is rather fond of me being such a gentleman and that I have their approval for whatever that means.

I haven’t called her back yet since shes in one of her moods I was thinking of doing it Sunday is that a bad call or should I just wait. I’m also a loyal guy who is good looking, nice and very intelligent a lot of single girls are taking notice of my girlfriends absence and want to hang out or take me to a bar and I’m not the drinking type plus I want her for now and her only so what are some steps I should take to keep her from running away or from pushing her away?

I’m actually pretty low maintenance a simple “hey” or a picture of her when she’s out with friends having fun, or even just simple actions are enough so I don’t need much from her to rekindle my resolve at the end of the week of no contact when she wants it .She’s actually a playful gal just very reserved.

Any ladies or men who can relate from any view point? Sorry about posting about her often I’m just confused and its beginning to make me angry since I have so much free time and nothing to do with it. My friends are out state for college, I don’t really work, and since I’m down here on campus I’m usually done with my day and class at 11am I’m available pretty often. I’m an art student so I sketch but I haven’t in month’s lol and I go to the gym, but only 2 times a week.I am not a shut in or anything I just spend all day pondering on life since I left my gaming equipment back home.( no I don't text her all day or stare at texts or stalk her I just spend time in thought I am a deep thinking type of person.)
Dude, I have no idea why you want to be with this girl. She seems oddly reserved, in a bad way, like she is turned off by you or else so incredibly sheltered and immature that she thinks physical touching is bad.

It's obvious that you are confused and lonely and keep posting here about her as a kind of substitute for the attention and affection you want.

I really don't see the attraction. And when you have to look out for "one of her moods," it's not a good thing. Time to move on.

Old 07-24-2015, 05:57 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,290,251 times
That's too long.

Old 07-24-2015, 06:00 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,857,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
That's too long.
If he double space, it would not be so bad.

Old 07-24-2015, 06:03 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,290,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
If he double space, it would not be so bad.
If he deleted half his post it would not be so bad. Lol, I'm not reading through all of that.

Old 07-24-2015, 06:04 PM

49,926 posts, read 60,163,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
If he deleted half his post it would not be so bad. Lol, I'm not reading through all of that.
It's not really worth reading the WHOLE thing. It's mostly sad and frustrating.

Old 07-24-2015, 06:12 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,857,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
It's not really worth reading the WHOLE thing. It's mostly sad and frustrating.
I like reading lol
This is another one-shot op

Old 07-24-2015, 06:21 PM

62,058 posts, read 87,760,434 times
Quote:
My girlfriend and I met in early January we were classmates in Drawing 2 on campus. I’m a sociable guy, I can talk to anyone doesn’t matter who they are being the leader type that I usually am but she was the first person I ever met who I couldn’t keep conversation with I was nervous around her. During spring break since I never got the chance to get her number although we managed to talk more often she got a hold of me via Facebook I was completely shocked I thought I lost all chances with her over break and some other guy was going to swoop in.

We hit it off and shortly after we were already making plans like we were a couple. She’s the shy type and I noticed if another guy besides myself tries to speak with her he instantly gets the cold shoulder. We had a wonderful first date we stayed out all night till past 12 although I had exams the next day and I turned out to be her first kiss although she’s 19 and I’m 21 that also was my first special moment as well it felt real unlike my past girlfriends the chemistry is strong.

We get a bit affectionate and she’s kind of overly emotional at times. As time passed I attended her graduation ceremony at first she didn’t tell me at all because her parents were coming but I insisted and met them anyway it was actually a good time she’s an honor student with a 4.0 after all and me I work hard all day to achieve my 2.6 although I don’t try as hard as she does a 70% used to be fine for me, but she changed me made me feel like trying was something worth doing again.

We have been together for more than 4 months and I being a “cancer” and her a “Taurus” things are seeming to go smooth she constantly needs space and time and I wasn’t one for zodiac signs but it is true Taurus’s take a long time to open up she doesn’t tell me how she feels about me but she’s always there if I really need her. She went out of her way to buy me some medical items and a butt ton of yogurt (it was the expensive kind of items I didn’t expect her to I just wanted one yogurt. When she asked if I needed anything she also bought ice-packs and the whole deal) when I got a contusion and a concussion from hitting my head on a sharp cabinet next to the temple.

Things are going by pretty slow but I’m fine with that it just stings every now and then from not getting verbal confirmation from her. She once told me I like you a lot when we first met, she told me when I left to go home for 2 weeks I missed you but those are few she seems to show her affection in actions but slowly. She’s never lain on me but on the fourth of July for the first time she laid her head against my chest for a few minutes and sat there as I pet her hair and watched the fireworks afterwards she pushed me gently and backed away.

As of now she bought me an RC heli for my birthday and she knows I enjoy small gadgets were both nerds but I’m a techno nerd as she is a comic book fan. I really like her and I’ve yet to open up fully because I don’t want to chase her away I let her know constantly when she’s overwhelmed or moody that I am here for her but she’ll say thank you ,but I can handle it on my own. Lately she’s been pressing for more time alone and since I usually have a lot of free time I spend it thinking about her and why she’s gets so distant. She’s at the point now where she doesn’t want to spend time alone in my room anymore unless I have a roommate which won’t be until fall semester in late august.

I am concerned on why I spend so much time wondering where I really stand with her. We are a great match and I would love to be playful with her and show her my full qualities. She seems happiest when we are together and when apart she says she hates texting and long distance things like Skype because she was hurt in the past like I stated in earlier posts. I last spoke to her 2 Thursday and before that a week because her grandparents came to visit her and she hates them and when I spoke to her she seemed to be quite pissed off so I told her Ill contact her later and I'm here if she wants to talk but she sent no response as of yet.

I know she has a lot on her plate she works and I’m working on getting my license but she drives us all the time. (I pay for everything as a make up for not driving.) She also is taking care of her mom and dad’s family business and farm alone while they are out of state for the next few months. I just want to know what steps should I take to keep this relationship I like her a lot I dare to say love, but I don’t want to push her away.

She spends a lot of time with her girlfriends as well I don’t think she has many guys in her life besides me and her best friend’s younger brother or her father. I am pretty good friends also with her closest friends they say she likes me a lot and is rather fond of me being such a gentleman and that I have their approval for whatever that means.

I haven’t called her back yet since shes in one of her moods I was thinking of doing it Sunday is that a bad call or should I just wait. I’m also a loyal guy who is good looking, nice and very intelligent a lot of single girls are taking notice of my girlfriends absence and want to hang out or take me to a bar and I’m not the drinking type plus I want her for now and her only so what are some steps I should take to keep her from running away or from pushing her away?

I’m actually pretty low maintenance a simple “hey” or a picture of her when she’s out with friends having fun, or even just simple actions are enough so I don’t need much from her to rekindle my resolve at the end of the week of no contact when she wants it .She’s actually a playful gal just very reserved.

Any ladies or men who can relate from any view point? Sorry about posting about her often I’m just confused and its beginning to make me angry since I have so much free time and nothing to do with it. My friends are out state for college, I don’t really work, and since I’m down here on campus I’m usually done with my day and class at 11am I’m available pretty often. I’m an art student so I sketch but I haven’t in month’s lol and I go to the gym, but only 2 times a week.I am not a shut in or anything I just spend all day pondering on life since I left my gaming equipment back home.( no I don't text her all day or stare at texts or stalk her I just spend time in thought I am a deep thinking type of person.)
Hmmm... looks like you have no interests, no hobbies, you don't work, just sit there and ponder about her and life.
I don't think she has her moods. I think she realized that you are boring.
Obviously she has lots of fun with her friends, she is busy with her family, the farm and business, has things to do and places to go. And what you do? just sit there and wonder about her.
Get a job, get a hobby, get better grades, have some interests other than just obsessively thinking about her. Go out with friends. Do something with you free time.
You are obsessed and clingy, and she already took steps to distance herself from you, and your boring self...
From what I read, you are just a good friend. Nothing more. She don't even want to spend time with you alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships