Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 10:25 AM

544 posts, read 1,237,787 times

Advertisements

too make a long story short, I meant someone last Summer. We ended up not speaking in January. Well I just cut things off w/ him.. this week he is STILL contacting me! texts, voicemails, calls from different numbers. I never reply to him. I made a very bad mistake of giving him my work number. Well, now since I don't pick up, he's called me three times or maybe more at work.. I have picked up and the person says nothing. We don't have caller ID, but I have a feeling it's him. What do I do? this past weekend he sent a pathetic text from his so called best friend which said he was in the hospital and she claims he was asking for me and if I really love i'll answer back. I want this nonsense to stop! it's been over 8 months already . I have not spoken with this guy since he actually called my job and I had no idea it was him.. to get him off the phone I told him I'd call back.. I want him to leave me alone, but I don't want to give him the satisfaction of me actually answering back. A normal person would have stopped long ago.. since January! it's all one sided contact.

He's a user and manipulator basically and I had enough of his always begging for money so I ended it. the more he harasses me , the more I hate him. I'm not sure if I should contact the police as he's not threatening me.

I have to add, there's multiple texts per day.. " sometimes from different numbers.. it's completely insane.. not only texts, but the calls.

Last edited by prettybaby80; 07-30-2015 at 10:27 AM.. Reason: more info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2015, 10:28 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,355,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettybaby80 View Post
too make a long story short, I meant someone last Summer. We ended up not speaking in January. Well I just cut things off w/ him.. this week he is STILL contacting me! texts, voicemails, calls from different numbers. I never reply to him. I made a very bad mistake of giving him my work number. Well, now since I don't pick up, he's called me three times or maybe more at work.. I have picked up and the person says nothing. We don't have caller ID, but I have a feeling it's him. What do I do? this past weekend he sent a pathetic text from his so called best friend which said he was in the hospital and she claims he was asking for me and if I really love i'll answer back. I want this nonsense to stop! it's been over 8 months already . I have not spoken with this guy since he actually called my job and I had no idea it was him.. to get him off the phone I told him I'd call back.. I want him to leave me alone, but I don't want to give him the satisfaction of me actually answering back. A normal person would have stopped long ago.. since January! it's all one sided contact.

He's a user and manipulator basically and I had enough of his always begging for money so I ended it. the more he harasses me , the more I hate him. I'm not sure if I should contact the police as he's not threatening me.

I have to add, there's multiple texts per day.. " sometimes from different numbers.. it's completely insane.. not only texts, but the calls.

I think you should, because if he knows you don't want contact and is continuing to do it, he's already breaking the law and violating your rights. Plus it could get worse.

Old 07-30-2015, 10:32 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,039 times
Reply to one of the texts and tell this person that if there is any more contact at all, yo are going directly to the police. If that doesnt help, call non emergency police number and report this person as a stalker.

Old 07-30-2015, 10:32 AM

26 posts, read 22,446 times
It sounds like you don't want to tell the whole story.

Old 07-30-2015, 10:47 AM

576 posts, read 823,913 times
had the same problem with a guy I had dated. I had broke up with him for various reasons and at first I never saw him or heard from him and thought he had moved on with his life. After a few weeks later he began calling and sending me texts at all hours of the day and night.

I politely sent him a text telling him to stop calling or texting me but it didn't work. I was keeping every message, text he was sending cause I said three strikes and I take this to the sherrifs office and let them handle it if I could not get him to stop.

On the second message to him I said I have requested you to please stop calling, texting me and you won't. If I get any more calls or texts I am going to the sherrifs office and filing a complaint against you.

He continued to call and text so I did what I said and went to the sherrifs office and filed a complaint, I showed them all my messages, missed calls and texts and they recorded it as evidence and went over to his place and asked him to stop bothering me and if he didn't stop then he would be arrested for harrassing or stalking me.

He finally got the message and left me alone. It has been a year and a half now and I never see or heard from him. I am glad cause the sherrifs office said sometimes some guys can get very upset and become violent and I did the right thing.

Don't let this guy bother you let the authoritys handle this and protect yourself. There is no reason he should be doing this. Relationships are difficult and break ups might be hard for one to handle and maybe counceling might help him get over it.

Take care of yourself and be safe.

Old 07-30-2015, 11:19 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
One thing you can do about the calls at work, if you want to go this far, is tell security or the police at your work that someone's calling, but not responding when you pick up, and they're just hanging on the line, breathing at you. (Embellish a little.) Report it as a harassing phone call. The police can put a tracer on it, and nab him, if you keep the line open long enough for them to do that. The police are set up to deal with "obscene phone calls" to women at work. While yours isn't "obscene", it's still harassment, so you can try reporting it, and see if you get anywhere. Otherwise, you can see if phone calls to you could be routed to the receptionist's desk, and she could screen them.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:07 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,360,375 times
research FCC text and phone harassment. You need to let him know that unless he stops contacting you through these methods, that you are going to contact them. Save your messages. If he likes using his phone and/or computer, he'll stop. They take that kind of thing seriously and unless he makes a boatload of money, he prob. won't be able to afford the fines they will charge him if he keeps that up.

Old 07-31-2015, 05:40 AM

Update:

Thanks for the helpful responses everyone:

I called the pd in his area.. they advised me to file a harassment w/ my city. The problem w/ that is he doesn't know I've moved to another city.. not too far from his actual and I don't want to give him any clues..

The officer advised to file the harassment charge which will then trigger a court date and possibly a restraining order. I thought I would walk into the police department and have them contact him. I'm not sure I want to even show up in court to see this person and have him know where I live.

I am planning on moving out of state in a year or two, so that should stop the calls at work and I've also contacted a lot of people finder internet services to opt out of their online searches....

Old 07-31-2015, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebyanothername View Post
research FCC text and phone harassment. You need to let him know that unless he stops contacting you through these methods, that you are going to contact them. Save your messages. If he likes using his phone and/or computer, he'll stop. They take that kind of thing seriously and unless he makes a boatload of money, he prob. won't be able to afford the fines they will charge him if he keeps that up.

Thank you! I HAVE screenshot everything

Old 07-31-2015, 08:32 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,909,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
If that doesnt help, call non emergency police number and report this person as a stalker.
Exactly!!

That will give law enforcement the opportunity to put his name on their internal statewide stalker list, have a judge issue a warrant for his arrest and allow the victim to have some closure and move on with her life. The amount of laws that he has already broken is enough to result in at least a few charges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships