Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 01:51 PM

837 posts, read 753,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
You apparently don't understand what feeling entitled really means and how it can torpedo your relationships.

You think that just because you've done XY and Z that you SHOULD have a woman by now, as if the universe OWES you that because of your "hard work and determination."

But life doesn't always work that way.

Research it, and heal yourself.

you're misinterpreting that post

that specific post has nothing to do with dating. That gentleman implied I should just be happy to have been dealt a great hand in life to have all the great things in my life. I was stating that most everything I've gotten has been through hard work and determination.

and just FYI, I understand I have to put in some work socially to get dates - that's common sense. What absolutely kills me is when my good friends who are no more attractive than me (but are 5 inches shorter) get dates everywhere they go while I may die alone. They don't put any more work into dating than I do. One of them is way more shy than i am.

Old 08-02-2015, 01:52 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantleygilbert View Post

and just FYI, I understand I have to put in some work socially to get dates - that's common sense. What absolutely kills me is when my good friends who are no more attractive than me (but are 5 inches shorter) get dates everywhere they go while I may die alone. They don't put any more work into dating than I do. One of them is way more shy than i am.
More entitlement ^^^. It's dripping off you.

You really need to look it up.

Old 08-02-2015, 01:53 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
I can pretty much sum up all of your threads like this - You are totally awesome, nothing is your fault, and everyone loves you but nobody will date you but that's not your fault because you are totally awesome and everyone loves you.

Old 08-02-2015, 01:54 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
interesting post

going to Hawaii alone will make me feel like a giant loser
Why? Maybe you'll meet a woman there.

Old 08-02-2015, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
More entitlement ^^^. It's dripping off you.

You really need to look it up.

Elaborate please

I'm very entitled for thinking that I should have one reasonably easy dating opportunity every 6 years when I'm in top 1-10% of men my age in everything across the board?

Old 08-02-2015, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Why? Maybe you'll meet a woman there.

I'll meet a woman in Hawaii who lives near where I'm at now?

I have no interest in relocating. I work arguably in the best company for my industry in the country and have the best friends and family in the world 10 minutes away

Old 08-02-2015, 01:59 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,770,510 times
Quote:
Elaborate please

I'm very entitled for thinking that I should have one reasonably easy dating opportunity every 6 years when I'm in top 1-10% of men my age in everything across the board?
OP:

You come across as having a big ego.

Arrogant.

So you are all that and a bag of chips?

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
I'm in top 1-10% of men my age in everything across the board?
Do you really not see it ^^^^^?

I don't have to elaborate.

Google "why entitlement is bad in dating" and see if anything sounds familiar.

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
I try to talk to people everywhere. I have no problem making friends and acquaintances. I go out 2-3 times a week, how much more of an effort can I make with my social life?

It's finding halfway decent looking women who are attracted to me that's seemingly impossible
Define this. I suspect your standards are INCREDIBLY high.

Then, try to go out with ANY women who approach you. I mean, if they are legitimately disgusting to you, don't bother. But, if you get approached by a woman who is kind of plain, a bit thicker than you'd like, or a bit older, go out anyway.

Does not mean you have to marry them or what have you. Just means it'll be good practice socializing in a dating situation.

It's not leading people on if you make it clear that it's a casual thing.

Old 08-02-2015, 02:00 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Define this. I suspect your standards are INCREDIBLY high.

Then, try to go out with ANY women who approach you. I mean, if they are legitimately disgusting to you, don't bother. But, if you get approached by a woman who is kind of plain, a bit thicker than you'd like, or a bit older, go out anyway.

Does not mean you have to marry them or what have you. Just means it'll be good practice socializing in a dating situation.

It's not leading people on if you make it clear that it's a casual thing.
Please don't get him started. Now he's going to start posting all these pics of scantily clad women and getting himself all worked up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships