Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 10:48 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times

Advertisements

Unfriend and block. It saves lots of headaches and drama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2015, 10:50 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Stop paying attention to him. There is no reason for him to have access to your social media or you his.

Old 08-03-2015, 10:58 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,788,219 times
Unfriend him. Why are you putting yourself so low on your priority list? Don't you feel as if you deserve respect and your own voice?

Say what you want, when you want to say it, without worrying about what your EX-boyfriend thinks (and he IS your ex-boyfriend, no matter if he ended things "officially" or not.) If you continue worrying about what everyone else thinks, you're going to censor yourself forever... and it's a recipe for a lot of unhappiness.

Old 08-03-2015, 12:34 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
A Facebook post is not a tantrum. Let the past go. Why are you Facebook "friends" if you never speak?
The big old "check up"

Old 08-03-2015, 01:07 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
Unfriend him. Why are you putting yourself so low on your priority list? Don't you feel as if you deserve respect and your own voice?

Say what you want, when you want to say it, without worrying about what your EX-boyfriend thinks (and he IS your ex-boyfriend, no matter if he ended things "officially" or not.) If you continue worrying about what everyone else thinks, you're going to censor yourself forever... and it's a recipe for a lot of unhappiness.
I like this. ^^^^ I like it a lot. It goes hand-in-hand with what a friend told me after a break-up: Be kind to yourself. One way to do that, OP, is to not subject yourself to his judgments, or look at what he's doing when you know it's just going to irritate, upset, or otherwise bother you. Give yourself a break from dealing with his nonsense.

Old 08-03-2015, 04:09 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,550,553 times
I doubt she's gonna let it go, she appears to be still hung up on him and was probably ecstatic to get that response on FB ('omg he's showing me attention again, there's hope yet!!!'). She could also simply be one of these women who absolutely thrives on pointless drama.

She's afraid to unfriend him because then it would really be over.

Old 08-03-2015, 05:01 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,770,042 times
OP:

What did you see in him that made you want to go out with him in the first place?

Old 08-03-2015, 05:45 PM

76 posts, read 66,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devoted11 View Post
My boyfriend of 2 years and I havn't spoken in a month. He never 'officially' ended things, but simply stopped contacting me. When I tried to ask him to talk, he shut me down, yelled at me and said a lot of hurtful things. He's always been the type who wants to be 'chased' to feel 'validated' 'loved' and 'wanted.' If he tells me to 'leave him alone', I'm supposed to infer that as 'don't leave me alone, chase me till I feel better.' A lot of mind games that I am not interested in playing anymore. Anyway, though he didn't 'officially' break things off, his behavior was a deal-breaker for me and I never contacted him since either.

Nonetheless, we still have each other on social media. Throughout the month we havn't spoken, I was lost, confused, heart-broken, trying to figure out what happened and therefore wasn't active on social media. I didn't want to give him the idea that I was out and about having fun, because I'm not like that. I havn't mustered the courage to delete him yet either. Him on the other hand has been quite active on social media, making it seem like his life is going pretty well - which is fine, and doesn't affect me anymore.

Yesterday, however, exactly after a month - I posted a picture of me at a religious event I went to. I did feel hesitant about posting it thinking this might bother him, but I posted it anyway. Literally 2 mins after posting it, he posts a comment from a religious textbook stating how God has a much better future in store for him in comparison to his past. Since I know him well, I know this was his shot right back at me for posting that photo of mine. And him trying to signal that his future will be much better than his past (me).

Anyways, he's being ridiculous. I know he's trying to act like he's moved on an everything, but he didn't even officially 'break' things off.

Should I not post anything on social media anymore to prevent his tantrums?
Ignore his childishness, why not just delete him from your account?

Old 08-03-2015, 05:49 PM

76 posts, read 66,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
I doubt she's gonna let it go, she appears to be still hung up on him and was probably ecstatic to get that response on FB ('omg he's showing me attention again, there's hope yet!!!'). She could also simply be one of these women who absolutely thrives on pointless drama.

She's afraid to unfriend him because then it would really be over.
I think so too, she just need to let him go show him she is better without him.

Old 08-03-2015, 06:20 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,788,219 times
The best thing about getting older is not giving a flying f@rt about getting rid of the people who bring you down. I don't even give it a second thought anymore. Someone insults me or makes me roll my eyes consistently? No more interaction. Happier. No need to even give it a second thought.

YOU are in charge of YOUR life. No one else gets to dictate what you do. Simple as that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships