Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 11:57 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Naturally, if a person is dramatically different under their clothes and has never issued a warning, I can see a person feeling duped.
LOL! I'm trying to picture this "warning" playing out...

You're on a date...it's going well. Really well...You're at the door at the end, he leans in, you kiss, you invite him in, but before you turn the key in the lock, you bat your eyelashes and whisper, seductively, in his ear..."So, in the interest of full disclosure, there are these stretchmarks on my hips..." Pffffft. Right.

Quote:
I hate Spanx. That mess is not comfortable. If I need washboard abs to wear a dress and have it not look like crap, I'll choose another dress. Most decent dresses plus regular underwear will hold in a wee tummy pouch.
Oh, there are for sure guys who will freak out just as much that your decent dress and regular underwear "hid" a tummy pouch, just as much as if you were wearing shapewear. Because "YOU LIED TO THEM!!!!"

Of course, these are often the guys on online dating who are only photographed wearing dudebro baseball caps, to conceal prematurely thinning hair/receding hairlines, chortle.

Old 08-06-2015, 12:01 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,811,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post

You're on a date...it's going well. Really well...You're at the door at the end, he leans in, you kiss, you invite him in, but before you turn the key in the lock, you bat your eyelashes and whisper, seductively, in his ear..."So, in the interest of full disclosure, there are these stretchmarks on my hips..." Pffffft. Right.

"And cellulite on my thighs, doesn't that turn you on?" haha, yea I don't think its a great idea to bring that up, you'll probably either turn him off (just for the mere fact, that insecurity is a total mood killer) or just bring more attention to it.

Old 08-06-2015, 12:06 PM

2,362 posts, read 1,924,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Gawd, I hope so. I'm in pretty decent shape, but really got hit hard with stretchmarks (I show them to the kids when they're pissing me off "You did this to me!!"). I'd hate to have go under the knife just to get laid.
not for stretch marks...they don't bother me anyways
its just when the boobs are smaller than presented and the tummy/butt are bigger, there might be problems...lol

men typically don't wear the tight form fitting clothing women wear, so often we look better than expected when we rip off the calvins...
unless of course there is a wadded sock in the crotch...

Old 08-06-2015, 12:07 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
As a pregnant woman, I have to say that I don't give one flying crap about stretchmarks, nor does my husband. Such is life.

Old 08-06-2015, 12:09 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,134,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
What do guys notice when they see a woman they see a woman naked for the first time.

Usually that I walked into the ladies fitting room by mistake!
For the fifth time this week?

Old 08-06-2015, 12:12 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,609,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
Hey, you have the right to make a reasonable expectation when paying for it. If they are using edited or well disguised pictures you have every right to leave them sans money.
Dats rite

It's actually one of the first questions I ask during the screening process. Lots of liars out there though.

Old 08-06-2015, 12:53 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:

Oh, there are for sure guys who will freak out just as much that your decent dress and regular underwear "hid" a tummy pouch, just as much as if you were wearing shapewear. Because "YOU LIED TO THEM!!!!"

Of course, these are often the guys on online dating who are only photographed wearing dudebro baseball caps, to conceal prematurely thinning hair/receding hairlines, chortle.
LOL.

Naw. What I meant is that (during regular conversation) I have made the guy aware that I have kids. At some point, we will already have chatted about fitness and so forth (most guys who would care about it seem to bring it up) and I'll throw in a line about how exercise doesn't erase stretch marks. Very casual.

If he's shocked I have them once he sees them? He's an idiot.

Old 08-06-2015, 01:03 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,613,839 times
Ladies: If a guy you're with for the first time ever looks like they're surprised at what you've just revealed, and aren't happy with what they're spotting.... Look at them, point at them and ask, 'Just what kind of damage do you think you're gonna do with THAT little guy?'

Old 08-06-2015, 01:05 PM

491 posts, read 402,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Geez, after reading this thread, if I ever found myself single I'd probably be terrified to get naked in front of someone else... unless he's okay with being blindfolded with the lights out.
Real blindfolds were getting too expensive. I just refashioned my slimming undergarments into makeshift blindfolds. Two birds, and all that.

Old 08-06-2015, 01:06 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
As a pregnant woman, I have to say that I don't give one flying crap about stretchmarks, nor does my husband. Such is life.
Some guys think their wives are FAT while pregnant and lament her formerly-perfect abs once she's given birth.

Lots of women have ab muscles that separate while they are pregnant. Plenty get stretch marks. Plenty have loose skin after pregnancy that simply does not snap back.

It varies and is largely hereditary. Guys don't always get this and assume all women whose bellies do not bounce back are lazy and should work out more.

After my eldest was born, I had stretch marks that looked like a road map and my skin was loose. I dropped all my pregnancy weight within 3 months of his birth and in clothes, I had a flat abdomen. People were always amazed I'd had a baby. I just said "if you saw my abs, you'd no longer be amazed."

They probably thought I was kidding. I was serious. I weighed about 105. I'm 5'4. That's underweight for my frame.

Fortunately, the guy I married did not mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships