Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 06:31 PM

15,865 posts, read 21,445,747 times

Advertisements

I've had a few doozies.

In college, I met a guy who claimed he was 34. It was outside of my normal age range, but we had a nice conversation before he asked me to one of my favorite restaurants, so I said yes. When he arrived, it was painfully clear that the photo he used was at least a decade old. He acknowledged it, saying, "I guess I'm a little more rough around the edges than you expected." And then he proceeded to justify it by saying his actual range kicks him out of many womens' filters. I would guess he was early 40s at least.

I was young and overly polite, so I continued on the date. We sat down at a table when he presented me with a gift bag. Odd. Inside was a schoolgirl skirt. He asked for me to put it on. I said sure, walked toward the restroom (glancing over my shoulder to notice his eyes were glued on my tush - classy), and waited a few seconds. When I peeked out and saw that he had turned back around, I escaped through the kitchen.

He proceeded to stalk me on social media channels and sic a female "friend" of his on me. This "friend" messaged my friends and family (including my brother who was in high school at the time) claiming I had seduced this guy and gotten him to cheat on her with me. It was really awkward and horrible. I didn't date for a *long* time after that and that's why I have a bunch of safety check-ins with friends throughout first and second dates now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2015, 07:54 PM

347 posts, read 425,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhureeKeeper View Post
Wow. How long were you with him before all of this started blabbing out?

Not to hi-jack the thread but how do you get OUT of a date that's going badly?
First I make sure I'm only meeting up for one hour, for drinks/coffee. I always tell my dates I have plans later that night if the date is going horrible. I arrive early, get my beverage of choice and wait. If I'm insulted in anyway, like I was on another date in Dallas, I grab my purse and leave. That way I've already paid for my drink and have no expectations of my date. Just end it when you want to saying you have other plans to get to.

Most of the time I've been able to give the worst of dates 60 minutes of my time then GTFO.

Old 08-16-2015, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonflower88 View Post
Since everyone is just answering to your story, I'll post mine (although I have to admit it's not as bad as yours haha).

I met this guy online,he seemed to be everything I was looking for: Cute, smart, funny. We talked online for like a week, and even though it was just online we really seemed to hit it off. We talked for hours,about a lot of stuff (everything non-sexual). He then asked me to meet and of course I said yes. When the day of our meeting arrived, he messaged me a few hours before: 'Hey, just wanted to make sure,you're up for some fun when we meet,right?' I asked him what he means (of course I knew what he means). He said that he just wants to make sure he's not wasting his time, he only wants to meet me if I can tell him (now,in a Whatsapp message, before even seeing him in person!!) that we'll hook up later tonight. I then didn't reply anymore and really couldn't believe it. I mean if he had tried to get me into bed fine, but what weirdo asks a woman he hs never met before if she can badically promise him to hook up on the first date? Lol.
I SO feel your pain. That's kind of what happened last night. Oy. I think I'd rather get a pap than date.

Old 08-16-2015, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I've had a few doozies.

In college, I met a guy who claimed he was 34. It was outside of my normal age range, but we had a nice conversation before he asked me to one of my favorite restaurants, so I said yes. When he arrived, it was painfully clear that the photo he used was at least a decade old. He acknowledged it, saying, "I guess I'm a little more rough around the edges than you expected." And then he proceeded to justify it by saying his actual range kicks him out of many womens' filters. I would guess he was early 40s at least.

I was young and overly polite, so I continued on the date. We sat down at a table when he presented me with a gift bag. Odd. Inside was a schoolgirl skirt. He asked for me to put it on. I said sure, walked toward the restroom (glancing over my shoulder to notice his eyes were glued on my tush - classy), and waited a few seconds. When I peeked out and saw that he had turned back around, I escaped through the kitchen.

He proceeded to stalk me on social media channels and sic a female "friend" of his on me. This "friend" messaged my friends and family (including my brother who was in high school at the time) claiming I had seduced this guy and gotten him to cheat on her with me. It was really awkward and horrible. I didn't date for a *long* time after that and that's why I have a bunch of safety check-ins with friends throughout first and second dates now.
You win! That's horrible! I've also experienced this. A guy who claimed to be 37 showed up looking almost 50. I stumbled upon his profile again recently and he was still trying to pull off 37...our date was almost three years ago!!

Old 08-16-2015, 08:01 PM

2,912 posts, read 2,444,160 times
Some of my worst dating experiences were being set up by other people and/or the so-called "old-fashioned" way. I can't recall any really bad experiences from OLD.

Old 08-16-2015, 08:02 PM

927 posts, read 759,117 times
I don't know if I've had a worst but I've had some good ones.
The worst thing is it pisses me off when a man pretends to be a woman online. Not a transg or a transv but being a jerkoff.
Don't believe anything anyone says unless you've known them for at least 4 weeks. "I never sleep with anybody." Uh huh and that's why 80% of the population now has hpv and 50% now has herpes.

Old 08-16-2015, 08:11 PM

927 posts, read 759,117 times
To get out of a date you can say I'm out of here but I would not recommend being honest. He'll try to debate it with you or explaaaaaain. Or you can go to the ladies room and be gone a really long time.

Old 08-16-2015, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norman_w View Post
To get out of a date you can say I'm out of here but I would not recommend being honest. He'll try to debate it with you or explaaaaaain. Or you can go to the ladies room and be gone a really long time.
This is so true! This guy I wrote about even tried to defend himself after I politely told him we weren't a match. He said his friend drove him home last night, yet admitted to me last night that all his friends were getting high.

Old 08-17-2015, 06:42 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,175,840 times
Wow! I haven't dated via OLD in a while, and didn't know it was so bad out there.

When I was using OLD years ago, I didn't have any really terrible experiences. All of the women I dated using OLD looked like the pictures they sent, didn't lie about their ages, etc.

The strangest experience I did have was once I dated a woman who brought her young niece with her on the date. She was baby-sitting that night (or said she was), and couldn't leave the niece at home. It made for an awkward date, but she paid for it (all we had was a small dessert, so I didn't feel that bad), we were both cordial to each other, and I never saw her again. Not that big of a deal.

Also, ladies, note that not all guys that use OLD misrepresent their appearance & age. I myself haven't used it in years, but am open to using it again. And, if I do, I will be completely honest about my age (mid-40's), my appearance (bald w/a shaved head & slender build), my job situation (gainfully employed), etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norman_w View Post
I don't know if I've had a worst but I've had some good ones.
The worst thing is it pisses me off when a man pretends to be a woman online. Not a transg or a transv but being a jerkoff.
Don't believe anything anyone says unless you've known them for at least 4 weeks. "I never sleep with anybody." Uh huh and that's why 80% of the population now has hpv and 50% now has herpes.
Never had this happen (that I know of), but the idea of it possibly happening is very disturbing. I think that's why I'm hesitant to use OLD again. I don't mind a woman lying about her age or even her appearance - too much. However, someone lying about their gender is very deceitful & would really tick me off...

Last edited by The Big Lebowski Dude; 08-17-2015 at 07:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships