Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 03:31 PM

20,770 posts, read 20,022,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmtrees099 View Post

After taking a shower and having some lunch, I head out to the train station to travel to meet him. I check my phone, and notice I've missed a whole lot of calls from him. He's ringing me and so I pick up - he's like this is only the eight time I've tried to ring you, and so I apologize. He's wondering where I am and so I tell him that I'm getting on the train.

I'm waiting for him inside a shop and so I text him to tell him to meet me there because I know he is close by and he told me earlier that he wanted to get some food from there.

After about fifteen minutes, he's still not turned up to meet me. So, I check my phone and notice that I've missed to calls from him. (I didn't hear because of the music playing in the shop) and he's also texted me to tell me that he's waiting outside of the shop.

I would be mad, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2015, 10:11 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,608,873 times
This thread has today's date on it, but I could have sworn I've read this exact same story before. Didn't figure it out the first time?

Old 08-21-2015, 10:22 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,219,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhureeKeeper View Post
This thread has today's date on it, but I could have sworn I've read this exact same story before. Didn't figure it out the first time?
That's because she tells the same story over and over. Nothing ever changes. Guess she likes the manufactured petty drama.

Old 08-22-2015, 06:24 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,160,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
All this chick does is come here and complain about this loser. The opening post will be her only contribution to the thread. She will ignore any and all advice offered, and then she'll pop up again in a week or two with the latest installment.

Amazingly idiotic, if you ask me.
Exactly. Starts her weekly thread to complain about her boyfriend, and that's the extent of her participation.

Old 08-22-2015, 06:30 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,667,890 times
You're "shocked?"

Nobody else is. You tell the same story every few weeks.

Old 08-22-2015, 07:02 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,645,365 times
Yes the joys of the invention of cell phones. Now peoples attentions are all on having unimportant conversations while driving, jeopardizing others on the roads, sending one after another unimportant texts, stalking by cell phone your mate, just another method to annoy the daylights out of you by a narcissist. Daughters boyfriend just shut her cell down due to her battery ran out of a charge when she was out and she had no idea he was calling and texting. It never dawned on him by doing this he could no longer blow her phone up when she was out. Minute by minute reporting to those in line at a grocery store where the person literally gets pissed and has to shut down the phone just for the peace. The biggest annoyance in my life are human ones as have seen the deterioration of social skills and to the right for peace and quiet in ones life due to a convenience that took a turn for the worse.

Old 08-22-2015, 07:32 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,754,151 times
I think what you're looking for is the blog feature.

Old 08-22-2015, 07:49 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,667,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv my dayton View Post
Yes the joys of the invention of cell phones. Now peoples attentions are all on having unimportant conversations while driving, jeopardizing others on the roads, sending one after another unimportant texts, stalking by cell phone your mate, just another method to annoy the daylights out of you by a narcissist. Daughters boyfriend just shut her cell down due to her battery ran out of a charge when she was out and she had no idea he was calling and texting. It never dawned on him by doing this he could no longer blow her phone up when she was out. Minute by minute reporting to those in line at a grocery store where the person literally gets pissed and has to shut down the phone just for the peace. The biggest annoyance in my life are human ones as have seen the deterioration of social skills and to the right for peace and quiet in ones life due to a convenience that took a turn for the worse.
Maybe, but in this case, this girl's boyfriend is a huge jerk with or without the presence of cell phones. If you click on the username, you will find a string of similar threads started by her, all complaining about how her boyfriend berates her at the slightest (or no) provocation, is always flying off the handle, storming off about some inconsequential thing or another.

She'll post some complaint that is essentially exactly like the last one, people will respond, she'll never revisit the thread, and then, a week or a few weeks or a month later, she'll turn up again with another variation on the same story, rinse, repeat.

Old 08-22-2015, 08:34 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,315,311 times
I would not have hung around for 4 hours waiting for him.

I also would have set a time to meet him once he called and asked me, then told him I had to take a shower (so he would not wonder why I wasn't answering the phone if he called back).

And, finally...I'd check my phone before leaving home to meet someone. Would likely text to say I'm headed out.

I dislike poor communication. Especially while trying to go out to meet someone.

Old 08-22-2015, 08:41 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,423,503 times
You're BOTH bad communicators...did you DECIDE to meet up much later? - because you leisurely took a shower and had lunch before even heading out to meet him - why did you not agree on a specific time? If you did agree on a time then why was he texting/calling you incessantly? If you KNOW he does that, how are you so oblivious after you finally contact him that he will probably be in touch later?

You guys just talk right past each other...don't know about previous posts but it all sounds very immature - just break up already and find other people you can actually plan an activity with and not get all bent out of shape over!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships