Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 03:34 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettysouth View Post
Corporate hates women. Look at any corporate company and you won't see many high paid, high level female executives. In my 4 years in the career world, I have realized that (ambitious) women truly don't have a place in the work force long term. All the more reason for women to be entrepreneurs...
You have find the right company.
Starting your company is great idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2015, 03:36 PM

69 posts, read 48,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Just remember... you want kids...*someone* should actually be around to raise them.

Could be you or hubby. But someone. Otherwise, wth is the point?
I totally agree. I don't even board my dog when I go away!!! I just can't put my animals in the care of others, so I KNOW I want to be a hands on parents.

Old 09-03-2015, 03:54 PM

48,531 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
The happy SAHM's I know are wealthy. They are married to high earners and come from very supportive, well-off families. I also have a close SAHM friend that is poor and she's happy as well. The men typically feel more trapped then the women do. The SAHM's that I know rule the roost because most of them have at least 3-4 kids. Where are the husbands gonna go in that situation?? Alimony and child support would not be feasible. In those situations it's cheaper to keep them. I even have in depth conversations with my poor SAHM friend and she would never consider working again even though it would truly help lighten the load her husband is carrying.

Wow. /lol

Hope you can find a husband, pop out a few babies and get him trapped into a life of quiet desperation.

Hope you don't mind your husband having a few mistresses 'cause that kinda goes hand in hand with the above.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-03-2015, 04:11 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Corporate hates women. Look at any corporate company and you won't see many high paid, high level female executives. In my 4 years in the career world, I have realized that (ambitious) women truly don't have a place in the work force long term. All the more reason for women to be entrepreneurs...
Four whole years, huh? LOL.

Old 09-03-2015, 04:50 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,958,653 times
Quote:
However, I feel that I can't pursue my career and drive for building wealth at 100% AND give 100% at home.
You're correct. Finding a mate and raising kids takes a lot of time and money. Something will be sacrificed. If the parents don't sacrifice, it ends up being the kids who get sacrificed (and often the marriage as well). I will say it is possible to build wealth if you have savings and investments working for you. But quitting your career or putting it on a slower track will certainly reduce how much you can add to your savings/investments.

Quote:
I have also noted that men seem to be very turned off by professional success. I have female professional mentors that are wealthy and successful...both of them are divorced and have not been able to get a man (I know for a fact they have both tried). I don't want to end up like them. I feel that I should change my strategy from building my own wealth and career to seeking a very successful man and just taking a backseat. There are not many couples like Beyonce and Jay-Z in real life. Successful men want to marry down, not up and not their equal. I know a lot of women who focused their ambitions on marrying a successful man and most them are happier than the women who were career driven. Any advise on this???
Marriages where the woman is the breadwinner are less likely to work out. Marriages with kids where there are two people working full time are less likely to work out as well. It's partly a primal thing. Women generally like marrying men who make more than them. And men generally like marrying women who make less.

It's all explained well in this blog post:

How to pick a husband if you want to have kids | Penelope Trunk Careers

Old 09-03-2015, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stava View Post
First off, you're 25. You're really young. You don't have to be worrying too much about this right now.
This is really the wrong thing to say to someone who wants kids. After age 35, fertility plummets and so do the chances of birth defects, retardation, autism and other problems.

Old 09-03-2015, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Wow. /lol

Hope you can find a husband, pop out a few babies and get him trapped into a life of quiet desperation.

Hope you don't mind your husband having a few mistresses 'cause that kinda goes hand in hand with the above.
I'd rather be cheated on by a wealthy man that let's me stay home all day and spend as I please than a broke one. Poor men cheat just as much as rich ones. If I'm going to put up with any type of bull$hit, I need PERKS!!!

Old 09-03-2015, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Modern marriage and divorce is a well oiled machine that consistently transfers wealth from men to women
Guys are learning but omg they are slow
I think it transfers more wealth to the lawyers than anyone else.

Old 09-03-2015, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Four whole years, huh? LOL.
My dad's second wife has been in corporate for 20 years. She makes $300,000+/year. She is a high level executive at a tech firm in Atlanta. She leaves home at 5AM to commute for an hour. And comes home at 9PM at night. She also works on Saturday's and Sunday's. The high level executives have showers in their personal offices. Some of the men don't go home for days. They have three children who come home after school at 3PM to a nanny. They are asleep when she leaves in the morning and asleep when she comes home. But she works like a man. That's just not worth it to me. Do you think they'd be paying her that much if she showed up at 9AM and left at 5PM? I doubt it. Women CAN excel in a corporate setting if they are willing to work as hard and as much as a man.

Old 09-03-2015, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Marrying doesn't make you rich, divorcing does!!!
I know this was a joke but some people really believe this. In most cases, both parents & kids end up poorer after a divorce for the simple reason that it's a lot more expensive to maintain two households than one (not to mention paying the lawyers).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships