Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 12:34 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times

Advertisements

Why go on a date with an attitude and a bad mood and ruin both people's evening???

Not a bad excuse at all. Some people cannot be cheered up easily and it is better if they call off a date before they drag others down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2015, 01:32 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,811,300 times
Years ago I had a second date with a guy, and he called me a couple of hours before to tell me his grandmother or aunt died (can't remember which), he sounded really upset so I told him to reschedule for another day, but he still insisted on going out, I didn't want to be the one to cancel since he already had a bad day, so I went on the date. He was so miserable the whole entire time, that I really wished he canceled (needless to say I wasn't that into him to begin with). So in short, while I know this guy didn't have a death in the family, maybe it is better off that he canceled since he probably knows he'll be in a pissy mood anyway and doesn't want to ruin your niece's night as well.

Old 09-04-2015, 01:14 PM

123 posts, read 103,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Might be a fun topic ...

Just got an SOS phone call from my favorite niece. She needed a little cheering up and moral support. Seems the guy she's been dating called her about 11 this morning and cancelled their dinner and hanging out date for later tonight because get this... He broke the rear window of his truck loading it up for work this morning and is in too bad of a mood to do anything tonight.

I also agree it was a legit excuse. In addition, he called in the morning to cancel a dinner date instead of blowing her off at the last minute. To me that shows he was courteous despite having a bad day...and we all have bad days.

Old 09-04-2015, 04:48 PM

89,031 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clam84 View Post
I also agree it was a legit excuse. In addition, he called in the morning to cancel a dinner date instead of blowing her off at the last minute. To me that shows he was courteous despite having a bad day...and we all have bad days.
Good point.

Old 09-04-2015, 04:57 PM

361 posts, read 333,939 times
A couple weeks ago, I set up a date through Tinder and she sent me a text 30 minutes before we met saying that her car was overheating. She attached a picture of her temperature gauge which seemed legit but it could also be some picture she downloaded from Google Pictures.

Never made any effort to contact her after that and never heard back, I still don't know if she was lying or not.

Old 09-04-2015, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaConservative View Post
A couple weeks ago, I set up a date through Tinder and she sent me a text 30 minutes before we met saying that her car was overheating. She attached a picture of her temperature gauge which seemed legit but it could also be some picture she downloaded from Google Pictures.

Never made any effort to contact her after that and never heard back, I still don't know if she was lying or not.
I'm assuming you didn't ask if you could come to her rescue? If her car problem was legit then I guess your "one and done" policy sunk her battleship...and she didn't get a second chance.

Old 09-04-2015, 10:17 PM

Quote:
I'm assuming you didn't ask if you could come to her rescue? If her car problem was legit then I guess your "one and done" policy sunk her battleship...and she didn't get a second chance.
Well, first of all, I don't know this person. Secondly, I live 35 miles away from her. I think it would be awkward to come rescue someone you don't even know especially if she is lying.

Old 09-04-2015, 10:37 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,579,050 times
Girl I talked to at a bar gave me her number and I called her on Monday and set up a date for Wednesday. I psyched myself up for the date all day and about 20 minutes before I leave she texts and says she's not feeling well. I knew she was just using an out, so it was okay. I didn't even consider it rejection so much as her being worried about some guy she could probably barely remember. I remember feeling I was too old for her at the time (in her eyes...26 and 22) and now she's 28 and married to a 52 year old.

Old 09-05-2015, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaConservative View Post
Well, first of all, I don't know this person. Secondly, I live 35 miles away from her. I think it would be awkward to come rescue someone you don't even know especially if she is lying.
That's a good point. In this crazy age you never know when you're being set up and safety first has to be factored in. That goes for both genders. So was there another attempt at the date?

Old 09-05-2015, 09:29 AM

Quote:
That's a good point. In this crazy age you never know when you're being set up and safety first has to be factored in. That goes for both genders. So was there another attempt at the date?
No. I thought about texting her but I am not sure if I should. What would you do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships