Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 10:44 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,238,344 times

Advertisements

You spent the entire day yesterday posting on here. Check your posting history. Its pathetic.

Go outside and do something. Sheesh....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2015, 10:47 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantleygilbert View Post
There's better odds of hell freezing over than me finding a girlfriend.
Well at least you've accepted it.

Old 09-14-2015, 10:56 AM

714 posts, read 747,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
Same song, 435th verse!!!!

No, keep going out, definitely. It's that much less time you'll have to post the same questions here over and over and over. Seriously, please seek professional counseling.

Exactly. At least make a new account lol......

Old 09-14-2015, 10:56 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantleygilbert View Post
Seeing all the happy couples around me and all the pretty women makes me incredibly depressed, knowing that I'm likely gonna die alone.

Should I just stop going out? All my friends love to do it, but I see very little value in it. I'm better off just sticking at home and watching my favorite TV shows. Either way, I get zero interaction with women but at least my favorite TV shows are very entertaining, women make dating to be about as much fun as amputation without anesthesia. Overall, I'm starting to really hate going out. Hell, I would much rather be at home and playing my favorite games nowadays than go out. Why waste money to be miserable?

How do I tell my friends I don't want to go out anymore? It's just such a waste of money...I do it in hopes of meeting someone but we all know I'm gonna die alone so it's just a big waste of time, energy and money. How do I explain to them that I would much rather sit at home and watch the Walking Dead episodes or play my PS4 instead of going out with them?

I ended up leaving about 2 hours early tonight, all my friends are probably wondering what the **** is wrong with me but I just didn't want to stay there and be more and more frustrated. My best friend's girlfriend told me that "I should try to settle down with someone" and I nearly laughed in her face. There's better odds of hell freezing over than me finding a girlfriend.
Yes, stop going out. Stay home and watch Netflix like I do.

Old 09-14-2015, 10:58 AM

714 posts, read 747,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
You spent the entire day yesterday posting on here. Check your posting history. Its pathetic.

Go outside and do something. Sheesh....

But, but, I just can't figure out why the person who never does anything but post about how pathetic their life is on an internet forum isn't happily married to a BEAUTIFUL, confident, smart, emotionally stable woman.

IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!!!!!

Old 09-14-2015, 11:03 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
"Ill likely die alone"
is SUCH A COP OUT...there is most likely NOTHING wrong with you that would make you have to die alone

low self esteem is probably the biggest turn off for women...women like confident self assured men

if you lack these...then make changes necessary to GET these...sometimes therapy is needed...other times working out for a few months, change in wardrobe, taking on a few new challenging hobbies is enough

when I was single, there was nothing worse than a girl who did NOTHING, had no identity, who just sat around waiting for a mr right to bring her "a life"...no thanks
so dude, go get your own life...when you have something to offer, the confidence is there...and im NOT talking $$ or treasures LOL...
This. OP, you keep pretending you're desperate for a date, but you don't do anything to get one. Until you're motivated to leave your comfort zone, and get involved in activities where you can meet women (rather than more bros), you're simply not sufficiently motivated to take the necessary steps to improve your situation. You can whine all you want, but you've done absolutely nothing since you started posting here 3 years go to meet women and get dates. Now you want your relatives to set you up with an arranged marriage, so you won't have to leave your comfort zone and actually take the initiative to find your own date/gf.

Quit whining, and take action. Get some counseling (you can afford it) to get over the humiliation you felt in HS, which is your big stumbling block. And find something to do that will place you in the midst of women. Your area has a busy weekly calendar of regular activities to choose from. And there's that Armenian association, which for some reason, you turned up your nose at, on your other thread.

Stop making excuses and take positive action. Just do it, stop debating it with us. It gets really old really fast, and even the mods get fed up. And we don't buy that you really think the solution is to hole up at home with your TV. You're not that dumb. But yes, instead of spending so much time w/your friends, you should devote some of that time to getting involved in community activities of some sort (NOT more football or bro stuff!)

Old 09-14-2015, 11:04 AM

2,135 posts, read 5,490,405 times
I thought you wanted the mods to delete your account?

Old 09-14-2015, 11:14 AM

69 posts, read 75,891 times
The reason he can't find a lasting relationship is because quality women can sense narcissism a mile away and nobody wants to deal with that. Post after post, thread after thread - my god, this person is EXHAUSTING.

Old 09-14-2015, 11:17 AM

2,135 posts, read 5,490,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocokitty View Post
The reason he can't find a lasting relationship is because quality women can sense narcissism a mile away and nobody wants to deal with that. Post after post, thread after thread - my god, this person is EXHAUSTING.
His posts are tiresome, but you have me laughing out loud when you say women don't like narcissism. Most women CRAVE confident men, not shy introverted guys who never step to them. Tell me I am wrong?

Old 09-14-2015, 11:25 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
His posts are tiresome, but you have me laughing out loud when you say women don't like narcissism. Most women CRAVE confident men, not shy introverted guys who never step to them. Tell me I am wrong?
You can be confident and outgoing without being a naracassit. In fact, narcissists aren't confident... narcissism springs from insecurity. They may act that way, but it's all an act anyone with an average emotional IQ can pick it up.

A naracassit is in love with himself (or herself). Everything is about them: me, me, me. I, I, I. They are the type who brag and talk endlessly about themselves. In a nutshell, Narcissism is about not caring about others all while having the constant attitude that other people's wants and needs are less important than yours. Women (and men) do not crave a partner who spends all his or her time admiring their own reflection (literally or figuratively).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships