Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 07:44 AM

8 posts, read 6,590 times

Advertisements

hi, i know everyone (including my friends and fam) saying i should move on - but sometimes i ask myself should i contact her? ask her what shes doing? maybe we could try to fix things? I really want her back but i don't know what to do its been 5 weeks of strict NC.. and the more i wait the more she drifts away.. (at least i think that way)
I know im just 20 but isn't it worth trying?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2015, 07:46 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Dorian View Post
hi, i know everyone (including my friends and fam) saying i should move on - but sometimes i ask myself should i contact her? ask her what shes doing? maybe we could try to fix things? I really want her back but i don't know what to do its been 5 weeks of strict NC.. and the more i wait the more she drifts away.. (at least i think that way)
I know im just 20 but isn't it worth trying?
NO!!!!!

No no no no no no no.

Old 09-18-2015, 07:50 AM

8 posts, read 6,590 times
am i just beeing stupid or? i mean why not try to talk to her?

Old 09-18-2015, 08:00 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Yes, you're being stubborn and dense and a little irrational.

Go back and read the whole thread, and salvage what's left of your dignity.

Old 09-18-2015, 08:02 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,697,594 times
Dude. Been there; done that and I got no t-shirt for my trouble.

Enjoy the memories of the time you had together, learn from it and move on. Trust me that there is NOTHING to be gained by trying to contact her again.

You were in a long-term relationship before you turned 21! Most people can't make that claim. That puts you a step ahead in the process down the road. Go out, have fun, don't be a debby-downer and you'll be fine. It's not going to be an overnight process, but you'll get there.

Find a hobby or go join a gym, but do something constructive to tame your impulses.

Old 09-18-2015, 08:08 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
Quote:
Because it just prolongs the whole process of moving on and getting over the heartbreak.

Focus on yourself and cycle through periods of mental distraction (exercise, hobbies etc) with periods of reflection to remember the good times. That leads to acceptance.. which is were you need to be.

You are young. Ending of relationships, even LTR, is part of the game. Consider this practice.....

Last edited by usayit; 09-18-2015 at 08:22 AM..

Old 09-18-2015, 08:19 AM

125 posts, read 282,241 times
Don'r contact her again, you'll only prolong the pain. Do everything in your power to maintain no contact with her, block her on your phone, facebook, skype and any other social media. If you maintain no contact and just focus on other things, I promise you in a couple months you will feel a lot better.

Old 09-18-2015, 10:40 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,313,615 times
It doesn't matter why she ended it; she just did. Knowing why will not make you feel better, and may make you feel worse. Don't be that guy, the needy guy that can't let go. Yes, you are hurt, and you will be for a while, but she doesn't need to know that. Whatever it takes just move on, don't contact her, and don't talk about her to anyone who will tell her. As far as she is concerned, you are happier without her. Eventually, you will be happier without her if you keep telling yourself you are.

Old 09-20-2015, 04:50 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,239,528 times
Quote:
You arent stupid, just being a little pigheaded. She told you everything you need to hear. Believe what she is telling you, believe what she is doing (cutting off all contact). She doesnt want to talk to you!

When people show and tell you who they are BELIEVE THEM.

If she wants to get back with you, she knows how to contact you. If she doesnt, then she's moved on. Maybe she did meet someone else. Long distance relationships are tough in the best of circumstances. You are both way too young for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships