Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 04:51 PM

195 posts, read 139,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey4Life View Post
Perhaps, what I always hear is that a short guy needs to have a lot going for him to be able to win over a woman since the vast majority of women prefer tall men. I want to be with one of the 20% of women that doesn't care at all, but that's probably going to be hard to find.
I don't think the majority of women prefer tall men. I think that's a thing society sells us....but women are more in tune with their emotions and can fall for a guy regardless of height and stuff like that. I think more than 20% dont care about that! Just look for women who aren't superficial

Old 09-15-2015, 04:54 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,703,467 times
No.....overlooking superficial preferences is not settling. ....it's understanding that it was a superficial preference and that actual charecter traits well out weigh that.

Would you rather be with some that is a horrible human being but is tall and might give you a roll in bed for now but won't be there if things get tough.. ...or a great guy that makes you laugh, loves you and you don't want to imagine life without him but is 3 inches too short for your 'standard'?

Pretty damn immature if you think height is what determines if one is settling in a relationship.

Old 09-15-2015, 04:59 PM

405 posts, read 325,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletG View Post
No.....overlooking superficial preferences is not settling. ....it's understanding that it was a superficial preference and that actual charecter traits well out weigh that.

Would you rather be with some that is a horrible human being but is tall and might give you a roll in bed for now but won't be there if things get tough.. ...or a great guy that makes you laugh, loves you and you don't want to imagine life without him but is 3 inches too short for your 'standard'?

Pretty damn immature if you think height is what determines if one is settling in a relationship.
But you do realize that most women want a guy that's tall. There's just no way around it, it's a fact. So would you say all those women are immature for wanting something from a guy that he can't change & is incredibly shallow.

And unfortunately you're example happens quite a lot with women. They get with the jerk because he has the attractive physical qualities but is still a terrible person. Some women just love the drama for some reason I guess because it makes them feel important.

Old 09-15-2015, 04:59 PM

195 posts, read 139,293 times
Quote:

I agree with Scarlet!

Old 09-15-2015, 05:07 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,703,467 times
Quote:
But you do realize that most women want a guy that's tall. There's just no way around it, it's a fact. So would you say all those women are immature for wanting something from a guy that he can't change & is incredibly shallow.

And unfortunately you're example happens quite a lot with women. They get with the jerk because he has the attractive physical qualities but is still a terrible person. Some women just love the drama for some reason I guess because it makes them feel important.
Bull. I see many women who don't care...a jerk is a jerk no matter the height.....do you really want a relationship with someone that gets off on drama?

Now, if you see not being tall as an issue and use it as an excuse anytime you get turned down...it's gonna be an issue for you...but that doesn't mean it's an issue for most women.

My daughter is 5'8"....her serious boyfriends have been anywhere is 5'5" to 6'.....one of her friends is 6'1"...very tall for a woman.....her fiance is 5'9"....should they break up because she's taller?

Old 09-15-2015, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Bull. I see many women who don't care...a jerk is a jerk no matter the height.....do you really want a relationship with someone that gets off on drama?

Now, if you see not being tall as an issue and use it as an excuse anytime you get turned down...it's gonna be an issue for you...but that doesn't mean it's an issue for most women.

My daughter is 5'8"....her serious boyfriends have been anywhere is 5'5" to 6'.....one of her friends is 6'1"...very tall for a woman.....her fiance is 5'9"....should they break up because she's taller?
Maybe because you personally haven't seen it, you're perception is different. But it's definitely a fact, especially with online dating that women have a huge preference for taller men. Just go on google & type in "short men in dating" & 1000s of articles pop up on the subject.

And genuinely good for them. Of course they shouldn't, but heightism is a real thing. A lot of women want a guy that's taller than them so they feel more protected.

Old 09-15-2015, 05:14 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,404,939 times
Quote:
Maybe because you personally haven't seen it, you're perception is different. But it's definitely a fact, especially with online dating that women have a huge preference for taller men. Just go on google & type in "short men in dating" & 1000s of articles pop up on the subject.

And genuinely good for them. Of course they shouldn't, but heightism is a real thing. A lot of women want a guy that's taller than them so they feel more protected.
Which ultimately is BS because being taller doesn't even mean anything in terms of "protecting someone."

Old 09-15-2015, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Which ultimately is BS because being taller doesn't even mean anything in terms of "protecting someone."
lol I know but that's how a lot of women think. It's like they probably know it's bs themselves, but that's what their biologically programmed to believe.

Old 09-15-2015, 05:21 PM

4,043 posts, read 3,772,224 times
There's always going to be a hotter dude than your bf no matter his height.

Old 09-15-2015, 05:33 PM

2,306 posts, read 1,702,861 times
Quote:

I agree. I prefer blondes, but I fell for a redhead and am dating one. Does that mean I am settling? No, because anyone with some maturity two IQ points to rub together realizes that superficial things are just not important when it comes to a relationship. Women realize this.

Quote:

Women usually prefer men who are "taller than them" not necessarily "tall" there is a difference. And guess what, your average man is taller than your average woman. And again, it's only "prefer" not "demand." The women with the "tall fetish" who do demand a certain height are just that... women with a fetish. People have them. If you don't fit the fetish, move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.