Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 07:02 AM

8 posts, read 6,593 times

Advertisements

hello i'm from germany and wanted to share my story - hopefully some of you can give me an advice on how to behave.

So to the Situation: My Girlfriend broke up with me 6 Weeks ago (48 days). We were in a relationship for 2,5 years. Her reason for dumping me was she said that she couldn't take the long distance relationship anymore. We saw us every 2 weeks for 3 to 4 days. We skyped and phoned each other everyday. The same day she told me how unhappy she was during all this time (unfortunately she never told me that before she broke up, which makes me think its kind of an excuse and not the real reason she dumped me)
Well as i walked out of the door she asked me "can i say it one more time?" i asked "what?" and she said "i love you" The next day i met her and told her that im not happy with my uni and stuff and that i'll move near her city sometime soon... Well she only replied "i don't want you to this for me etc." after the discussion she ran away
She removed our FB pics, the relationship status only after 2 days and cut her hair very short .. After 1 Week i called and she said "don't think that i'll will change my mind" (was her first sentence) i asked if we could met again and she said yes - so the same day i saw her and we talked - i tried to explain her that i love her and that i want her in my life and that im going to study nearby - but all she could replay was "Something gone broke in last 2 years" and she needs to become happy with herself again and that sometimes love isn't enough. She also said don't wait for me. So time went by and i called her because it all seems so illogical - i told her to tell me the true reason and she only became angry said i was accusing her of lying to me .. she hung up and called sometime later but i had my phone turned off .. now 1Month and 3 Days passed - i didn't contact her at all - and still no messages from her .. just nothing like she moved on, not even looking back which makes me very sad and i question myself everyday "does she love me?" and i just cant find an answer What do i do now? She was my first love and i cant get her out of my head

is there any advice you guys can give me on how to approach the situation? by the way im 20 and she is 19.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2015, 07:05 AM

1,351 posts, read 2,902,033 times
You need to move on. There will be plenty of others for both of you, trust me! When you're young, your ideas of romance are way, way too idealistic. I know mine were!

Old 09-15-2015, 07:07 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,108,006 times
Each young person (yes 20s too) goes through stages and changes in their lives. Sometimes relationships survive those changes.. and sometimes they do not. It is hard enough for a young couple to keep a relationship going... it is even harder when it is a long distance relationship.

You are young. Move on... there are many more fish in the pond.

Old 09-15-2015, 07:10 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,108,006 times
With that said...

Heartbreak follows the same/similar stages as grief. It has real physical and emotional impact to a person. Depending on how much of this you are experiencing, you may simply need to give yourself some time.. amount of time varies. Focus on yourself for a while... eat, sleep well. Pick up a new interest/hobby and obsess over it.

It does get better... we've all been through it.

Old 09-15-2015, 07:11 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Dorian View Post

My Girlfriend broke up with me 6 Weeks ago (48 days).

Her reason for dumping me was she said that she couldn't take the long distance relationship anymore.

The same day she told me how unhappy she was during all this time.

"i don't want you to this for me etc." after the discussion she ran away

She removed our FB pics, the relationship status only after 2 days and cut her hair very short.

i called and she said "don't think that i'll will change my mind" (was her first sentence)

She also said don't wait for me.

She hung up

...still no messages from her.

She moved on, not even looking back
She has moved on, and so should you.

KEEP BUSY. That is the only way. When you find yourself thinking about her, force yourself to stop and think of something else.

Let her be.

Old 09-15-2015, 07:14 AM

sometimes i question myself why she said "i love you" the moment i walked away ? So illogical to me

Old 09-15-2015, 07:16 AM

Quote:
sometimes i question myself why she said "i love you" the moment i walked away ? So illogical to me
You can love someone but not want to be with them in a relationship.

I've done that before. It's a way of noting the importance of spending two years together at the moment you realize it's ending.

Love isn't logical.

Old 09-15-2015, 07:49 AM

is there a chance of us getting back together? i mean i have still feelings for her

Old 09-15-2015, 08:18 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,981,005 times
I am sorry, sounds like it is over.

Ich hoffe, es geht dir bald besser.

Old 09-15-2015, 08:43 AM

Quote:
is there a chance of us getting back together? i mean i have still feelings for her
She told you it's over. Go back and read the words I pulled from your post.

She does not share your feelings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships