Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2015, 09:01 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,393,786 times

Advertisements

If it's not your looks, income, or lifestyle holding you back....it's something else. It's probably your personality. Maybe counseling would help. Something is marking you with a flashing neon sign that tells women...." Don't date this one".

I suspect they are picking up on your underlying feelings of women in general. Looks and money only take you so far. Personality is huge for most women.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:10 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,041,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantleygilbert View Post
Why is this?

I'm better than women my age in just about everything across the board, not saying it to be an arrogant but I've never met a woman my age who can match me in everything like education, income, success, etc...
You've never met a woman your age with a bachelor's degree?

Old 09-24-2015, 09:36 AM

1,351 posts, read 1,599,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantleygilbert View Post
I've gotten to know everybody at my job pretty well and I observe everyone pretty closely.
I get the feeling that at least some of your coworkers think you are creepy, or at least weird in a bad way.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:41 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,431,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
If it's not your looks, income, or lifestyle holding you back....it's something else. It's probably your personality. Maybe counseling would help. Something is marking you with a flashing neon sign that tells women...." Don't date this one".
But he drives a sedan!

Old 09-24-2015, 09:46 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
I love being older. It's so much easier for a man to date than a woman.
You know how hard it is to find an eligible, employed, sober man after 50?

Women don't have it easier at any age.
They may have it easier having sex but not finding a decent relationship.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:52 AM

2,513 posts, read 2,792,261 times
I think that women look at the long term first. Men only look at the short term and ease into the long term. So, while a guy may be attractive, they have to be able to be a provider, a good husband, a good father..etc. For men, if she's half attractive and she's a breath'n....

Old 09-24-2015, 09:58 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFanHSV View Post
I think that women look at the long term first. Men only look at the short term and ease into the long term. So, while a guy may be attractive, they have to be able to be a provider, a good husband, a good father..etc. For men, if she's half attractive and she's a breath'n....

I hear this a lot, but I really don't think it is the case when I look around. Men and women aren't really that different. Dating to both is about having fun, and you need a first date before a second, and a LTR is just a STR that keeps on going. The one exception might be mid 30s women with a clock ticking that really want to have kids, and I've never seen that stop someone from dating someone for fun, they just keep on looking at the same time.

Old 09-24-2015, 10:01 AM

2,513 posts, read 2,792,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I hear this a lot, but I really don't think it is the case when I look around. Men and women aren't really that different. Dating to both is about having fun, and you need a first date before a second, and a LTR is just a STR that keeps on going. The one exception might be mid 30s women with a clock ticking that really want to have kids, and I've never seen that stop someone from dating someone for fun, they just keep on looking at the same time.
What I've noticed is that it used to be that bars were full of 20 somethings looking for fun, dates, and to get laid. Not so much anymore. Most of the bars and clubs have changed demographics to the late 20's and early 30's. I think this is mostly because younger folks don't have the money to date or they are in college focusing on their education or careers. Sure, I agree that folks younger than 25 are looking for a good time. But anything older than that it starts to become about settling down. I see that alot around here.

Old 09-24-2015, 10:03 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFanHSV View Post
What I've noticed is that it used to be that bars were full of 20 somethings looking for fun, dates, and to get laid. Not so much anymore. Most of the bars and clubs have changed demographics to the late 20's and early 30's. I think this is mostly because younger folks don't have the money to date or they are in college focusing on their education or careers. Sure, I agree that folks younger than 25 are looking for a good time. But anything older than that it starts to become about settling down. I see that alot around here.

Maybe this is regional, but 25 year olds definitely arent generally looking to settle down most places I've lived. That's 35-40 yos. After grad school and they're established in their careers.

Old 09-24-2015, 10:05 AM

417 posts, read 594,810 times
OP if you don't mind me asking, where do you live? What kind of job do you have? Is it male domimated? This makes a huge difference. Women actually have it much harder in terms of dating everywhere in the US except maybe San Jose and North Dakota. Read Date-onomics by Jon Birger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships