Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2016, 04:11 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,056,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Ouch.
It's true. That's the primary cause of my issues.

Old 03-04-2016, 04:14 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
It's true. That's the primary cause of my issues.
I don't think so.

I know men who are shorter than me (5'7) that have families now, and their women love them for who they are. So your height shouldn't really be a set back.

Old 03-04-2016, 04:18 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
I don't think so.

I know men who are shorter than me (5'7) that have families now, and their women love them for who they are. So your height shouldn't really be a set back.
Me too. The issues are in being angry at being short, not in being short.

Even if a percentage of women want "taller" men, it STILL doesn't mean there's no way for a short man to get ANY quality, fun, awesome dates. ALL women (great women, smart, self-sufficient, very pretty women) don't want "taller" guys. That's just ridiculous and doesn't bear out in real life...again, unless the short man has such a terrible attitude and such a chip on his shoulder that he absolutely oozes it, which makes women run fast and far in the opposite direction.

Old 03-04-2016, 04:22 PM

Quote:
I don't think so.

Well, I'm not saying that it will result in me being alone forever. What I am saying is that it limits my options considerably (and pretty much eliminate online dating completely).

So I need to place myself in situations where there are:

1) A lot of women (to offset the rejections)
2) Women that are more likely to overlook my disadvantage (generally, women that are short themselves, such as Asians, and college-educated women, who are more likely to think outside the box and may be less self-conscious about what others think)

I am able to pick up sober women at bars, but I suspect that this is due to my looks (I've been told I'm good-looking). But these women tend to not be interested in anything long-term.

Old 03-04-2016, 04:23 PM

1,901 posts, read 1,829,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post

Even if a percentage of women want "taller" men, it STILL doesn't mean there's no way for a short man to get ANY quality, fun, awesome dates. ALL women (great women, smart, self-sufficient, very pretty women) don't want "taller" guys. That's just ridiculous and doesn't bear out in real life...again, unless the short man has such a terrible attitude and such a chip on his shoulder that he absolutely oozes it, which makes women run fast and far in the opposite direction.
But can we at least ADMIT....that it will be harder for the short guy than it is for the tall guy?

One of the realities of the dating market today (that no one wants to talk about) is that men are being asked to fit into a criteria set by many women that makes ABSOLUTELY no sense.

- She wants a guy that's 6'5 (tall) but she's 5'2 (short)

- She wants a guy that's good in bed, but she svcks in bed.

- She wants a guy with good credit, but she has bad credit.

- She wants a guy that makes 6 figures, but she BARELY makes 5 figures.

- She wants a guy with his "stuff" together financially, but she is living paycheck to paycheck

- She wants a man with a nice body, but she hasn't seen a "gym" since she was required to take it in grade school

I know nobody on City Data wants to discuss this, because it's just labeled by you guys as "woman-bashing", but the truth of the matter is that the criteria men are being asked to JUMP into to please women today, is completely and utterly insane.

Plus, PLEASE don't get me started on how a significant portion of women will date losers/thugs, have kids by them, then run over to the "educated brother" so HE can marry her and raise the thug's kids.

Old 03-04-2016, 04:25 PM

Quote:

I never said that short men are doomed to failure.

I said that we are at a disadvantage and that we need to hedge our bets and approach women that are more likely to reciprocate.

I'm also not sure why it's such a bad thing for a short guy to feel sorry for himself. We're at a distinct disadvantage for something that we can't control. No matter what I do, I will always be short. So, yes, occasionally, I feel bad about that.

Last edited by Akonyo; 03-04-2016 at 04:41 PM..

Old 03-04-2016, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotucker99 View Post
But can we at least ADMIT....that it will be harder for the short guy than it is for the tall guy?
Didn't I just do that?

But far from impossible.

Very, very, very, very far from impossible.

Unless the person is a giant jackass due to his belief that it's his shortness and not something else - like perhaps negative personality traits - that's getting in the way of that.

Can we at least ADMIT that many, many, many, many shorter guys date, get married, have girlfriends, have sex?

Or have you never known a married guy under 5'10"?

Quote:
Plus, PLEASE don't get me started on how a significant portion of women will date losers/thugs, have kids by them, then run over to the "educated brother" so HE can marry her and raise the thug's kids.
I won't get you started on that, as I've never in my entire life seen this happen. Ever. Maybe it's the circles you run in? Maybe you're only seeing what you want to see? Maybe it's the type of girl you seek out? I have NEVER known a woman who dated and had children with a criminal...I don't think I've ever known a criminal, period, actually. I definitely don't know any women who had children by some "thug" and then found an "educated brother" and got him to marry her. What are you even talking about?

I'm not being facetious or attacking here, where are you looking for your dates? Are you looking in bars, etc......? I have to be honest here, the only time I hear about this whole multiple babydaddies ridiculousness and so on is when a person is talking about some inner city or project or whatever. Are you honestly encountering, PERSONALLY, multiple women who have several children by "thugs" they're "dating" and then manage to marry an "educated" man to raise their children? I don't mean what you hear on the internet from men who want to have a reason to hate women, I'm talking in real life. Enough so that it would be notable as basically the norm, something for the AVERAGE man to seriously be concerned about? Please be honest.

Last edited by JerZ; 03-04-2016 at 04:41 PM..

Old 03-04-2016, 04:53 PM

1,901 posts, read 1,829,480 times
Quote:
Didn't I just do that?

But far from impossible.

Very, very, very, very far from impossible.

Can we at least ADMIT that many, many, many, many shorter guys date, get married, have girlfriends, have sex?

Or have you never known a married guy under 5'10"?
Nobody is using the term "impossible", the phrase I'm using is "more difficult". It will surely be more difficult for a short guy (let's say a guy under 5'6) to attract women today, no matter his personality. I know women in particular who will NOT (under any circumstance) date a guy under 6'0 for example.

Quote:
I won't get you started on that, as I've never in my entire life seen this happen. Ever.
Well with all due respect, either you have been completely living under a ROCK, or you are flat out lying.

Quote:
Maybe it's the circles you run in? Maybe you're only seeing what you want to see? Maybe it's the type of girl you seek out? I have NEVER known a woman who dated and had children with a criminal...I definitely don't know any women who had children by some "thug" and then found an "educated brother" and got him to marry her. What are you even talking about?
Again, either you live under a ROCK, or you are flat out lying.

Quote:
I'm not being facetious or attacking here, where are you looking for your dates? Are you looking in bars, etc......? I have to be honest here, the only time I hear about this whole multiple babydaddies ridiculousness and so on is when a person is talking about some inner city or project or whatever.
The women that do what I described come in all shapes and sizes. They aren't just inner city ratchet women either, some have bachelor's degrees, master's degrees and I've even met some PhD candidates doing the same thing.

Quote:
Are you honestly encountering, PERSONALLY, multiple women who have several children by "thugs" they're "dating" and then manage to marry an "educated" man to raise their children?
Y.E.S.

Old 03-04-2016, 04:56 PM

Quote:

Again, either you live under a ROCK,
Nope.

Quote:
or you are flat out lying.
Nope.

With all due respect, either you are some serious sleeze yourself living where women become babymommas for criminals like it's some sort of a normal thing and then "educated brothers" mysteriously pop out of the woodwork eager to marry them for absolutely no apparent reason, or you are flat-out lying.

Quote:
The women that do what I described come in all shapes and sizes. They aren't just inner city ratchet women either, some have bachelor's degrees, master's degrees and I've even met some PhD candidates doing the same thing.
LOL!!! Wiping eyes...Okay, so anyway, have a nice weekend, jotucker99.

Old 03-04-2016, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Nobody is using the term "impossible", the phrase I'm using is "more difficult". It will surely be more difficult for a short guy (let's say a guy under 5'6) to attract women today, no matter his personality. I know women in particular who will NOT (under any circumstance) date a guy under 6'0 for example.
Also, it's certainly possible to develop negative personality traits and a bad attitude after years of being treated like crap due to physical traits that you can't control.

Short men are strongly stigmatized in our society. This is why you hear so many of these men complaining about their poor prospects.

Interestingly, I'm watching a movie right now and the antagonist is a power-hungry, angry, manipulative person. He's displayed on-screen as being shorter than the other characters. This is what we're up against: negative media stereotypes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships