Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2016, 01:07 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,191,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Truth2 View Post
No I just challeged her and anyone else to prove me wrong, which no one has done yet.
Plenty have proven you wrong with their own experiences, or what they have seen loved ones go through. You're just jaded and assume that you're the only one with dating issues.

Women face rejection and get humiliated everyday. We're not exempt from such treatment. And plenty of women are grown and are still virgins, or haven't had relationships because guys they like never want them.

There's even a thread here where people give examples of women who are 30+ and never had a man.

Then look for the vid on youtube about the lady who was voted the ugliest woman in the world. Doesn't sound like she gets good treatment just for being a woman.

Old 02-27-2016, 01:13 PM

29 posts, read 24,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Plenty have proven you wrong with their own experiences, or what they have seen loved ones go through. You're just jaded and assume that you're the only one with dating issues.
The title of the thread is Why is dating so much easier for women than men, in order to prove me wrong a woman in my situation or worse would have share her experiences. Until that happens none of you have an argument. Vanilla you keep saying " guys they like didn't want them", but what about the guys they don't like?

Old 02-27-2016, 01:29 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,225,806 times
Quote:
The title of the thread is Why is dating so much easier for women than men, in order to prove me wrong a woman in my situation or worse would have share her experiences. Until that happens none of you have an argument. Vanilla you keep saying " guys they like didn't want them", but what about the guys they don't like?
Yes. You have it worse. How exactly does that help you?

Old 02-27-2016, 01:44 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,681,678 times
Exclamation Okay...ENOUGH Of This Ceasless Whining Already

Quote:
The title of the thread is Why is dating so much easier for women than men, in order to prove me wrong a woman in my situation or worse would have share her experiences. Until that happens none of you have an argument.
The title of MY POST should have been 'take off your ballet skirt, stop whining like a baby with diaper rash, and grow a pair of stones already'

Lord god, please y'all---don't let this thread turn into ANOTHER almost 80-page marathon that gets shut down by the mods, because one poster wants to scream at people like a howler monkey with Icy Hot in its' jockstrap, about people having to 'prove him wrong'

Listen, son...just because some girl back in your distant past brushed you off like fresh-fallen dandruff, and you chose to go Li'l Jack Horner and sit in a corner and suck your frickin' thumb, don't expect any outpouring of sympathy from the women (and men, including myself) here, who have all probably been rejected at some point in their lives, and dealt with it much better than crying boo-hoo on an internet chat forum

And exactly who the sam-hill are you to be or NOT to be proven wrong? A bunch of folk here upthread have given you good answers and sage advice, but you still insist on folding your arms and saying 'prove me wrong'

They speak the TRUTH---women get rejected EVERY SINGLE SWINGIN' DAY by men...and vice versa men by women...the proof is in what you DO about said rejection, as in grow a spinal column from something besides licorice and spaghetti, and (man OR woman) do YOU, and quit worrying about rejection

I have a very blunt and to the point philosophy about life and how I live it...I am damn near 60 now, and I don't have the time or the patience, frankly, to put up with a bunch of foolishness---on the thread topic/subject of rejection, when I DID get rejected earlier in life, I did NOT cry about it...I simply got on with my life, and whoever 'she' was at the time of said rejection got on with hers

I did NOT fall into a black hole of despair, and go about bleating 'WAHHH !!! women are evil and have it easier than men when it comes to [insert alleged oversight here]'...are you KIDDING? There are better things to do in life---such as GASP pursue other women, maybe with better results!

Nobody has to prove you wrong, because frankly you haven't earned that kind of respect here yet...join in the discussion and get that unnecessary chip off your shoulder, and maybe, just maybe, some of what folks have been trying to tell you will sink in

Old 02-27-2016, 01:45 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
FYI, the OP is infamous for creating whine threads here, but he also says women he's not interested in approach him, he talks about rejecting a chubby women he'd had a brief affair with because he didn't like her extra 15 lbs., and he insists that he "deserves" someone who's "fit, like him" even as he complains that he's out of shape and posts pics of himself that show he's a little chubby, himself. I know you're new here, so I'm just bringing you up to speed on the history of "Brantley Gilbert" and his various aliases.

There are plenty of women around who get nothing from any guys, even when they try initiating a chat with a guy. Dating is not much easier for women than men. All these chiches people are posting about women being like employers, and only having to field offers are only true of the top 20-30% of women in appearance. The difference between men and women in dating, in my observation, seems to be that women suck it up better, and get on with their lives. Some mope about it or express frustration, but others accept the fact that it will be once in a blue moon that they'll even get to have a conversation with a guy, let alone get to a date, so they focus on getting satisfaction from other aspects of their lives, as so many people here advise men to do.

And since you're fishing for comments on the video, the guy was, like so many others, completely wrong about what many women's lives are really like (all they have to do is take care of their appearance? In whose fantasy?!), and he also assumes it's abnormal to go through HS without dating. I think it's sad that the media and other influences lead teens to believe that they're freaks just because they're not dating or not having sex at 15, or whatever, but at the age the video speaker is now, he should be smart enough to reject those stereotypes and false beliefs. Every school has a popular crowd, a geeky crowd, all different kinds of crowds. Why some kids fixate on the popular kids and take that to be the norm, when in fact it represents a minority, I don't know. The kids I knew in various highschools who didn't date, both when I was in HS myself and when I taught HS, tended to be very creative and created their own "scenes" of what was cool and fun, and attracted other kids like them to whatever they were into. Those kinds of kids usually are too busy having fun in their own way to mope about dating, or to even have any interest in it.

YMMV.

Old 02-27-2016, 01:50 PM

404 posts, read 366,786 times
Oh branam bull lol

Old 02-27-2016, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
The V-jay-jay factor. Full stop.
As if men approach women just because they can reproduce. This is ludicrous.

Old 02-27-2016, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Women don't have to work as hard in dating because opportunities fall into their lap. Men have to take action or else they'll be alone forever.
The same is true for many women. They have to approach guys, join lots of activities, clubs, groups, to meet guys they can chat up (and still get nowhere), attend mixers (where the guys all stand against the wall talking among themselves the whole time, even when approached, or they all hover around the same woman, ignoring the rest), and make a lot of effort that get them nowhere, unless they happen to pick the right shy guy who isn't too shy to respond to them. It's no easier for average women, and I'm talking about slim, trim decently attractive women, than it is for the guys who struggle and deal with rejection. This is a human issue, not a gender-specific one.

Old 02-27-2016, 03:41 PM

13,656 posts, read 9,714,475 times
Quote:
You say most people but do the men who have commited suicide over this not count. We step into dangerous waters when we decide certain people don't matter because everyone else was able to do what they weren't.
Desperate and extreme actions occur for all sorts of reasons. Yes, of course they are tragic, and can't be dismissed as mere statistical flukes. But their rarity means that most people in most circumstances are amply justified in projecting their attention elsewhere. Right now, there are millions of kids dying from starvation of malaria or whatnot; and while I can't just glibly sentence them to misery and death, I'm not exactly going to quit my job and join the Peace Corps, or sell my stock and donate it to the Red Cross.

Most people eventually do find partners. If this were not the case, we'd have today's demagogues shouting about a national plan for dating-success, instead of tariffs or single-payer healthcare or massive walls along national borders. Instead of immigration and taxes and failing schools and contaminated municipal water supplies, we'd be talking about rejection in bars and the pitfalls of online dating. But these latter subjects are niche subjects. They matter greatly to those persons who are struggling in those areas, but they don't much matter to the general public. And this is to be expected. Look, to a paraplegic, wheelchair-ramps and automatic doors are a huge deal. But the average person can't be expected to bother. Does that make the average person callous or myopic? No, it just makes him/her average.

Indeed, I write the above from the viewpoint of precisely the sort of fellow to whom the above-linked video is addressed, albeit I'm older and supposedly in the demographic where women start outnumbering men. The point isn't that the problems of some afflicted minority are not serious problems. No, the point is that one's own problems, however personally severe, can not be expected to attract the general attention, unless they also happen to be common.

Old 02-27-2016, 03:50 PM

146 posts, read 91,938 times
Dating is easier for attractive people.

I would venture that more women are conventionally attractive to men than vice versa, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships