Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 12:09 PM

4,686 posts, read 6,142,186 times

Advertisements

My best friend seems always down because he is always getting into arguments with his wife over the most minor and stupid things. I dont even know what to say to him, because the things his wife gets upset about seems so petty, but the main one seems to be that she doesnt want him talking to any of her friends, even though her friends get along fine with him and would never cross that line of disrespect .

He has never cheated on her and never crosses the line with other females and they havent been married long, but she will talk with his friends occasionally and he talked to her friends occasionally, but after they got married, she just flipped and told him not to talk to any of her friends via social media, text, email.etc.

The friends all get along with him fine and will occasionally text him stuff like: (how are you all, happy holidays, happy birthday), but if he responds back to them even with a simple answer to their question, his wife flips out that he went behind her back and spoke to her friends when she asked him not to do it. She keeps asking him why cant he respect her simple request not to talk to her friends and he will say they text me, so he just gave a simple reply to their question, but in her eyes she said dont text her friends and he keeps disrespecting her when he does it and doesnt respect his wife.

How would you person deal with someone like this or have advice to give to someone that goes through this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2015, 12:17 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times
I find it odd that his wife's friends would text him in the first place, but okay, these are apparently innocuous little greetings. I find it odder yet that she hasn't asked her friends not to talk to her husband if it's so important to her. Equally odd is his insistence that answering their little texts is important at all. What a thing to fight about. I'd advise your friend to tell his wife to tell her friends to quit texting him if it bothers her that much.

Old 08-24-2015, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I find it odd that his wife's friends would text him in the first place, but okay, these are apparently innocuous little greetings. I find it odder yet that she hasn't asked her friends not to talk to her husband if it's so important to her. Equally odd is his insistence that answering their little texts is important at all. What a thing to fight about. I'd advise your friend to tell his wife to tell her friends to quit texting him if it bothers her that much.
I thought the same thing, but im pretty sure it will open the door to a bunch of questions directed to her as to what is wrong since they all get along whenever they see each other.

Old 08-24-2015, 01:03 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,407,262 times
She seems insecure for some odd reason.

Old 08-24-2015, 01:08 PM

3,850 posts, read 4,154,864 times
Was she always an unreasonable control freak, or only after they got married?

Old 08-24-2015, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
I thought the same thing, but im pretty sure it will open the door to a bunch of questions directed to her as to what is wrong since they all get along whenever they see each other.
Getting into layered hearsay is dicey at best (you're telling me what he said that she said), but does he say how he expects him to react when they text him? Ignore them? Tell them to leave him alone?

Old 08-24-2015, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Getting into layered hearsay is dicey at best (you're telling me what he said that she said), but does he say how he expects him to react when they text him? Ignore them? Tell them to leave him alone?
He doesnt think anything of it if they text with a simple request and will simply reply to it.
He thinks it would be rude to not respond to a simple question being asked or just saying thank you if they said happy birthday or Merry Xmas, rather than not replying at all or saying leave me alone or my wife says I cant text or talk to her friends.

I remember last year he said her friends text him that they wanted to surprise her on her birthday by taking her to dinner and wanted to check with him if it was okay and if he had any plans, so he said it is fine that they take her to dinner since he was getting home about 2-3 hrs after the time they wanted to take her out. When they announced they were taking her to dinner and that he said its fine, she got pissed and texted him, why is he talking to her friends when she specifically asked that he not do it. He told her, they were doing a surprise for her and just wanted to check with him and he said it was okay, and she was still pissed that he went behind her back and texted her friends after she asked him not to.

She is a very sweet girl from all the time Ive been around them, so I cant explain why she acts like that in regards to this issue.

Old 08-24-2015, 01:23 PM

50,816 posts, read 36,514,503 times
I'm guessing he's leaving out part of the story.

Old 08-24-2015, 01:24 PM

I apologize, I made a typo that altered my meaning. What does SHE expect him to do when they send him these uninvited texts?

Old 08-24-2015, 01:25 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,361,090 times
Why does the husband have numbers and they have his number of friends of hers?

I don't think you are hearing the whole story of all of this, OP.
If the wife minds so much when he responds to her friends' texts to him, I am surprised she didn't really hit the roof when she found out he has multiple friends' of hers phone numbers. This just does not make any sense to me.

In general, I don't know why it is important that her friends contact her husband for any reason other than they cannot reach her, and a possible emergency situation. How would your male friend feel if several of his male friends texted his wife? If I were her, I would try and obtain their numbers and drop them "well wishes" text messages. See how he likes it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships