Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Same as title. Would you rather date an intelligent guy/girl or a genius one?
Intelligent guy/girl 12 57.14%
Genius guy/girl 4 19.05%
I don't find intelligence a valid argument to or not to date someone 5 23.81%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 08:46 PM

35 posts, read 71,022 times

Advertisements

(for this post to make sense if you are in a relationship just imagine you aren't while reading it)

When you meet a very attractive guy/girl (10/10) and have the chance of being with them (no matter if it's a one-night stand, unserious relationship or a serious one) even if they are unintelligent or don't have the best character you probably would. For an example having sexual relations with a 10/10 girl for a night even if she isn't very smart or doesn't have the most likable character doesn't sound bad at all.

Why doesn't the same thing work for intelligence? I myself don't find the though of my partner being very intelligent arousing (I'm guessing it isn't just me) but why isn't it? A pretty face and nice body is attractive because it signifies good genes - the thing we are attracted to. But same goes for a genius - that's some awesome genes. If that is so why isn't that as attractive?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2015, 09:22 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irrelevant View Post

Purely biologically we should be more attracted to genius considering these are the kinds of people that make huge breakthroughs in a lot of things... but does that actually make them attractive?
No preference. Especially considering smart or really smart people can be stupid or really stupid in other ways.

[or axxhxlxs]

Old 10-02-2015, 10:13 PM

388 posts, read 383,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irrelevant View Post
A pretty face and nice body is attractive because it signifies good genes - the thing we are attracted to. But same goes for a genius - that's some awesome genes. If that is so why isn't that as attractive?
Because attractiveness is combination of good looks, social/emotional intelligence and ability to provide. Many genius IQ people don't have those qualities to be considered attractive

Quote:
Especially considering smart or really smart people can be stupid or really stupid in other ways.
They are stupid because they comprehend beyond our normal comprehension.

Old 10-03-2015, 12:14 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,357,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnaWilde View Post
Because attractiveness is combination of good looks, social/emotional intelligence and ability to provide. Many genius IQ people don't have those qualities to be considered attractive

Huh? How so?

Old 10-05-2015, 03:29 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,985,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 505HPC6Z06 View Post
No question. A sexy, loyal genius!
^^^this^^^ LOL, I haven't used terminology such as genius in a long time. Not since I was in academic circles where on more than one occasion I was in a circle of friends/colleagues who competed with and compared our intellects (it's like guys comparing penis size - juvenile for sure).

It just doesn't seem to matter the older I get. So I have a genius level IQ and some specific analytical abilities that most others are envious of... big whoopee! I am who I am and no test results have made my life easier... I've had to do everything on my own.

- Most important in a mate of mine is: They must have the ability to love unconditionally and to feel love sent their way (this makes them what I consider emotionally healthy and an authentically good person).

- Secondly, I enjoy the company of others who can relate to my interests and vice versa (usually because of similar or at least similar-enough backgrounds). I don't want to date myself, but I do seek mates who are self-made (Entrepreneurs), love to travel, and who love to regularly learn and master new things.

- Thirdly, genuine confidence is sexy to me. People full of self doubt don't do it for me.

If the above things are satisfied, I don't care if the person has ever had their IQ measured like my own... genius, smart, etc.. just labels that I can and usually do without. Just be present and be love, if the other person resonates with you, that's all which matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships