Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 10:13 AM

220 posts, read 174,557 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone. If you've read my other two posts than you probably know a little bit about my situation. It's been one month single, I lost the girl of my dreams, heartbroken...etc etc you get the point.

Short version: She didn't cheat, but she grew apart from me/ didn't think I would be the one. She said she started having this feeling/ doubt 3 weeks before she broke it off. Up until the breakup she said she never stopped loving me, but knew something was off....Well something was off and I finally know what it is.

I think I've shed some more light on the reasons and it's a damn shame if this is what caused us to divide because its being fixed. Three months ago I started having weird symptoms, sensitivity to light, sound, I would see flashes, I developed a chronic sinus headache, emotional ability, I felt depersonalized and had derealization, I would get brain zaps (flashes of electricity), pounding headaches on my right side, waves of tingling sensations....etc. Weird right?

When that stuff started I freaked out and thought of a million doomsday scenarios. I was afraid to leave my house because things were so strange and I was in pain. The result? I grew inwards and only started spending time with my girlfriend. She was my escape. This is when I began relying on her too much and not wanting to leave her side. This changed me personality enough to indicate to me this is the reason it all happened. I lived with this **** for 2 months before she started having her doubts, which makes it all so clear now. I told her about some of it but she thought I was just overreacting to natural symptoms. So I didn't share any more with her and hid my pain. I went to a local health center and they just said: sinus headache....yeah right.

Two days ago I went to a neurologist because of new vision problems + all this stuff. He diagnosed me with a chronic occipital migraine that was caused by nerve irritation when I had a concussion 8 months ago. He gave me some medicine and already things are getting better and my mood is improving.....Damn if only I had known. In one month he said I'll be back to normal.

I texted my ex who I'm not over yet and just let her know what was going on and that I hope it didn't influence her decision because it was a temporary, and treatable medical problem, and not a change in my personality. I didn't ask for her back but I said if she changes her mind I'll be available. Good idea or bad?

Damn sometimes the world just doesn't work out

Last edited by Lostandhurt; 10-01-2015 at 10:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2015, 10:17 AM

6,234 posts, read 8,440,098 times
Thats life!

Old 10-01-2015, 10:18 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,920,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostandhurt View Post
I texted my ex who I'm not over yet and just let her know what was going on and that I hope it didn't influence her decision because it was a temporary, and treatable medical problem, and not a change in my personality. I didn't ask for her back but I said if she changes her mind I'll be available. Good idea or bad?

Old 10-01-2015, 10:19 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,961,186 times
Hi,

Sorry to hear. I think you did all you could and the ball is in her corner.

I think it was a good idea. Now just wait. You made your point clear, nothing else you can do. Don't beg.

Good luck ...

Old 10-01-2015, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Hi,

Sorry to hear. I think you did all you could and the ball is in her corner.

I think it was a good idea. Now just wait. You made your point clear, nothing else you can do. Don't beg.

Good luck ...
Thank you. I'm not planning on doing any more communication unless she initiates it. Three days ago I said that I would cut it off completely but this was a huge thing to learn and it pretty much could explain everything. I had to tell her that there was a reason for all of it.

Old 10-01-2015, 10:23 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,696,380 times
If she left you because of this, what will it be next time?

IMO, it shows a distinct lack of commitment in the relationship on her side.

Old 10-01-2015, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds37win View Post
If she left you because of this, what will it be next time?

IMO, it shows a distinct lack of commitment in the relationship on her side.
No I blame myself. I didn't want to share what I was going through with her so I didn't burden her. The result was that I burdened her by wanting too much time without an explanation as to why.

Old 10-01-2015, 10:29 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,442 times
I don't think she broke up with you because of those things. I think she broke up with you because of your deeper personality issues which you are further exhibiting in your response to the break up.

Old 10-01-2015, 10:30 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,696,380 times
Well, then, it sounds like the headache was not the issue - it was communication. Sounds like you may have learned from it.

Old 10-01-2015, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
I don't think she broke up with you because of those things. I think she broke up with you because of your deeper personality issues which you are further exhibiting in your response to the break up.
Would you care to explain?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships