Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2015, 07:05 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
When I leave my current job in a few months, I plan on asking out one female per department (I already know which ones). Unfortunately, most are not girlfriend material. One is, but she's been getting my nerves lately so I don't know if I'd want to date her long-term (cross that bridge when I get to it though).
This would sound like a good project if it weren't that you don't believe they're gf material. I'm not sure what the point of asking them out is, but you never know; you might be pleasantly surprised.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:14 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,056,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Right. It's the men who have to fend of sexual assaults and get abortions or raise a kid alone because their partner told them sex is better without birth control, then skipped town when the pregnancy test said, "bingo!" Women get all the raises and promotions in the workplace, run Congress, the White House, and the judicial system, and own the majority of real estate. Women head most corporations and banks. They control the nation's wealth. Until you mentioned it, these facts had somehow escaped my attention.

Women are in powerful positions now. More are educated than men. The wage gap is a myth that has been successfully argued many times.

Women do not have to worry about raising children alone. They can easily attract men now with no effort and are able to live off of the government. My cousin had a baby with an unknown man. She got to go to college for free because of this (I had to serve time in the military and go through some grueling experiences to get the same thing that she got for being stupid and irresponsible).

I'm not going to go into sexual assault (and the veracity of the vast majority of the claims), but suffice it to say that I don't believe that this is a strong point.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:17 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
Quote:
When I leave my current job in a few months, I plan on asking out one female per department (I already know which ones). Unfortunately, most are not girlfriend material. One is, but she's been getting my nerves lately so I don't know if I'd want to date her long-term (cross that bridge when I get to it though).
And you wonder why women don't like you and you can't get girlfriend?

Old 10-07-2015, 07:17 PM

Quote:
This would sound like a good project if it weren't that you don't believe they're gf material. I'm not sure what the point of asking them out is, but you never know; you might be pleasantly surprised.
No. Most of them are not girlfriend material.

One rejected me previously (but she seems to be coming around lately). I don't date women that have previously rejected me. Another sleeps around. The third is too flirty with people. The fourth is very cool, but too old. The fifth is too lazy and fat (but I'm attracted to her and want to sleep with her).

Only the final one is potential girlfriend material. But I suspect that I may have to work too hard.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
And you wonder why women don't like you and you can't get girlfriend?
Women do like me and I CAN get a girlfriend.

What gave you the idea that I can't?

Old 10-07-2015, 07:23 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Right. It's the men who have to fend of sexual assaults and get abortions or raise a kid alone because their partner told them sex is better without birth control, then skipped town when the pregnancy test said, "bingo!" Women get all the raises and promotions in the workplace, run Congress, the White House, and the judicial system, and own the majority of real estate. Women head most corporations and banks. They control the nation's wealth. Until you mentioned it, these facts had somehow escaped my attention.

Not to mention that a woman's worth is still somewhat dependent on how attractive she is and not WHO she is. But whatever. We have no struggles.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:26 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
Quote:
Women do like me and I CAN get a girlfriend.

What gave you the idea that I can't?
Oh, sorry. I got you mixed up with the other complaining guys that can't get girlfriends and then blame it on the women and complain about how easy it is for women.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:27 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
One wise men once said:

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience"
No argument here.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Oh, sorry. I got you mixed up with the other complaining guys that can't get girlfriends and then blame it on the women and complain about how easy it is for women.
I do think women have things extremely easy. However, that doesn't mean that I can't get a girlfriend.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:31 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,115,503 times
Yea, military is hell, I did the army guard for blip of time and basic was hell I cant even imagine what things like buds or ranger training is like and then these guys that get deployed to some crap hole for 3 out of their 4 year hitches. I think the only people that join these days are people that desperately need a financial out.

I would rather have student loan debt and work for 20/hr than every touch the military again. The only exception would be if I were fast tracked as a fighter pilot, but even that is questionable now because it would likely be to fight the Russians who are fighting the muslims so we would in effect be supporting the people who hate us.

What ever possessed you to join the military, was it the lies of some training they were going to give you or some duty station etc?

Quote:
Women are in powerful positions now. More are educated than men. The wage gap is a myth that has been successfully argued many times.

Women do not have to worry about raising children alone. They can easily attract men now with no effort and are able to live off of the government. My cousin had a baby with an unknown man. She got to go to college for free because of this (I had to serve time in the military and go through some grueling experiences to get the same thing that she got for being stupid and irresponsible).

I'm not going to go into sexual assault (and the veracity of the vast majority of the claims), but suffice it to say that I don't believe that this is a strong point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.