Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2015, 04:26 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,188,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Women do have it easier. It might be tougher to find the right match but they have more opportunities.
Certain women - yes. Others, no. You guys always assume that EVERY woman gets hit on all the time. Almost every guy that I dated, I met through mutual friends, school, work, etc. - not because they hit on me. In addition to that, I have friends that haven't been hit on or asked out in years. YEARS. So it's not like every single woman has a line of men for her to choose from.

The best way to find someone - for men or women - is just to meet as many people as you can. Not hit on them - not ask them all out - simply talk to people.

Old 10-07-2015, 06:08 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,730,996 times
You can't expect someone to be empathetic and open to your struggles if you can't return the favor.

Just sayin'.

Old 10-07-2015, 06:52 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,058,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
You can't expect someone to be empathetic and open to your struggles if you can't return the favor.

Just sayin'.
Women don't really have struggles though. That's the problem. Most are extremely privileged in our society, but either are incapable or unwilling to see it.

Old 10-07-2015, 06:53 PM

102,234 posts, read 108,060,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey4Life View Post
Well, that's a bit of an odd example since you only state one guy is single at the party. What about the other single guys there? Not every guy is going to approach the same woman.
Half the guys won't approach anyone, because they're either paralyzed by shyness, or don't see anyone who appeals to them. A couple of the other guys will be circling around the same one or two women. Maybe a third guy will try his luck with one of the other women, but that still leaves a number of women who no one but the other women are talking to.

Fleetie's right; only the women who get approached have any choices to make. The rest get bupkus, even if they take the initiative and strike up chats with guys themselves. I'm starting to suspect that men cling to this image of women constantly fielding offers and making choices as if from a hand of cards they're holding, just so they can feel sorry for themselves and get sympathy from other guys. It's a fantasy that they can use to convince themselves the deck is stacked against them, and to justify anger and resentment against women. But that image has nothing to do with reality for a lot of women. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 10-07-2015 at 07:03 PM..

Old 10-07-2015, 06:53 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,188,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post
Women don't really have struggles though. That's the problem. Most are extremely privileged in our society, but either are incapable or unwilling to see it.
Yes. Women have it totally easy. Nothing is difficult at all for women. You see things so clearly. White males have it the hardest. So tough for them...

Old 10-07-2015, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Yes. Women have it totally easy. Nothing is difficult at all for women. You see things so clearly. White males have it the hardest. So tough for them...
I never mentioned anything about race. I do think that white males have it easier than males of other races. However, women of all races are privileged in our society.

Old 10-07-2015, 06:59 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,538,067 times
Quote:
WOMEN DONT REALLY HAVE STRUGGLES

Now, i read it all. I can die in peace.

When you think that city data made you witness unfathomable ignorance, some people can still surprise you.

I wonder where this people live, or if they really know how incredible ignorant they are.

Oh well, ignorance is bliss, they say

Old 10-07-2015, 07:00 PM

102,234 posts, read 108,060,523 times
Quote:
Right. It's the men who have to fend of sexual assaults and get abortions or raise a kid alone because their partner told them sex is better without birth control, then skipped town when the pregnancy test said, "bingo!" Women get all the raises and promotions in the workplace, run Congress, the White House, and the judicial system, and own the majority of real estate. Women head most corporations and banks. They control the nation's wealth. Until you mentioned it, these facts had somehow escaped my attention.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Half the guys won't approach anyone, because they're either paralyzed by shyness, or don't see anyone who appeals to them. A couple of the other guys will be circling around the same one or two women. Maybe a third guy will try his luck with one of the other women, but that still leaves a number of women who no one but the other women are talking to.

Fleetie's right; only the women who get approached have any choices to make. The rest get bupkus. Even if they take the initiative and strike up chats with guys themselves. I'm starting to suspect that men cling to this image of women constantly fielding offers and making choices as if from a hand of cards they're holding, just so they can feel sorry for themselves and get sympathy from other guys. It's a fantasy that they can use to convince themselves the deck is stacked against them, and to justify anger and resentment against women. But that image has nothing to do with reality for a lot of women. Sorry to burst your bubble.
When I leave my current job in a few months, I plan on asking out one female per department (I already know which ones). Unfortunately, most are not girlfriend material. One is, but she's been getting my nerves lately so I don't know if I'd want to date her long-term (cross that bridge when I get to it though).

Old 10-07-2015, 07:04 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,538,067 times
One wise men once said:

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.