Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 02:06 PM

50,297 posts, read 47,056,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
And I simply replied to your comment about the idea of a girl cooking for a guy at her place. It is something that happens later on along the road if they ever get that far.

Desperate guys who have the hopes of getting a girl's number will jump through fiery hoops and go as far as doing those things and the ones I mentioned a page ago. I wonder if they ever find out they are simply being used or how long it takes them to realize that.

I never understood the bar scene when I was in college. I preferred to talk to girls for free in school, some club meetings, or wherever, than to pay more than $8 (depending on the drink she ordered) for a few minutes of conversation with a random girl in a bar.
Turns out the guy paying rent did find out, and I later met him. He stated, "Why does she like you when I've got a great job, a great car and money?"

I just said, "Ya know, I'm not sure"

In College we'd just head over to drown night

Old 10-08-2015, 02:07 PM

20,393 posts, read 14,667,898 times
I had a coworker who did this for a while when she was going through some tight financial stuff. She went on OLD and just went to dinner and had meals bought for her by guys. But ya see, karma gets these people...she wound up forming a relationship with a man from OLD, and he moved his mooch of a brother in not long after, and she's just got all kinds of drama to deal with.

Here's the thing...what is your time worth? I know what mine is worth. It's more than the price of a typical meal. I usually tell my dates that I am quite willing to pay for my own meal, but I'm not going to make an argument of it. I've met some men who just don't feel like they are being proper men at all if they let a woman pay for dinner. One guy I see, we've always kept it even. Another, pays for most meals but lets me insist on doing so once in a while. I tell him he has built up a lot of dinner karma with me.

But no one, ever...ever, ever, ever...gets to make me feel obligated to sex or to continuance of a relationship by buying or giving me anything. If you attach strings to generosity, that makes you a bad person, and you're setting yourself up for bad relationships with others (not just dates, but family, friends, etc.)

Old 10-08-2015, 02:10 PM

714 posts, read 747,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Because some men think they are oweda woman. Women realize that is not how the world works. I live my life doing the things I need to do and want to do because I am a responsible adult and I like to have fun, want to continue my education, travel, get to know people, broaden my horizons. I'm not doing them to earn the attentions of a man.

Talk about generalizing...

Maybe, just maybe, everyone else isn't like you? I know it's a tough thought to process but it might possibly be the case.

Old 10-08-2015, 02:10 PM

36,530 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
And I simply replied to your comment about the idea of a girl cooking for a guy at her place. It is something that happens later on along the road if they ever get that far.
And thats what I was talking about my experience with couples I know, not and idea of.

Old 10-08-2015, 02:23 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,047,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
I think this whole "meal" thing should change so that two could meet and walk around a park or something (discussing the same stuff they would at dinner), finding out if they want to actually have "meal dates", afterward. Who decided it's good to get to know another while eating, anyway? Or being in a dark movie theater, as I recall.

ding ding ding. winner here.^^^^

walking dates and non-meal dates are the best, as I told the other guy in the other thread.

Old 10-08-2015, 04:33 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
And thats what I was talking about my experience with couples I know, not and idea of.
Talk about couples you know, that's fine, just wanted to point out the idea of having a stranger know where you live and let him in is something that is not recommended which I believe any girl has been told since high school. Makes sense why it will take a long time for a guy to ever be invited to eat by the girl he is taking out...if he even gets that far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Turns out the guy paying rent did find out, and I later met him. He stated, "Why does she like you when I've got a great job, a great car and money?"

I just said, "Ya know, I'm not sure"

In College we'd just head over to drown night
Good for him to find out before he continued to be used. The whole thing about that girl being interested in you regardless of what a great job, great car, and money your friend had reminds me of my years in Japan. I ended up going out with a girl who was in a top executive position in an international firm while I was simply a foreign exchange student, without a stable part time job, and a bicycle as a mode of transportation .

I remember seeing this documentary in HBO if I remember correctly about a site where women can go and look for a sugar daddy or rich men look for a girl to take care of. Most were young women, some were college students, and men were about 40 and up. Some of them didn't even look that attractive but they were there happily enjoying these men's' riches and luxuries. Like the title of this thread says, yes, there are hot girls could eat for free and enjoy the finer things in life with some men out there that are fine about it or are being fooled.

Old 10-08-2015, 04:34 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,244,230 times
Ok so say a hot girl does go out to eat, fools the guy into thinking *whatever*

WHOSE FAULT IS THAT?

Old 10-08-2015, 05:03 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,481,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh come on! View Post
ding ding ding. winner here.^^^^

walking dates and non-meal dates are the best, as I told the other guy in the other thread.
If that's the case, I'd say men need to suggest that more often or accept a girl's suggestion for a non-meal date.

Before I met my boyfriend, when I was dating, guys would insist on meals. And they'd insist on paying too. No matter what I suggested. It's not like I forced them, they wanted to do it that way. Not me. Nothing is worse than wasting a couple of hour with someone when you know it's not going to work out. It's awkward and uncomfortable and not fun at all. On top of that, you feel bad for the guy especially when he insists.

My boyfriend too insisted on a meal for our first date as well. Although that worked out of course. Early on he told me to let him pay. He said exactly that to LET him. And to this day not only does he insist on paying for everything on our dates but he thanks me for letting him treat me.

Old 10-08-2015, 05:50 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,461,642 times
Even with non-meal dates, a lot women still get a good deal on drinks dates, getting free alcoholic drinks.

Old 10-08-2015, 07:56 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
I don't know what the colloquial name for it is, but there's a "trend" on dating sites (Tinder is currently the one most known for it) where women try to get men to deliver them food (Chipotle and pizza seem to top the list). Apparently it's a contest of sorts, in the "I can get more men to do my bidding than you can" variety.
That just sounds dumb. Why invite the randos over to deliver food. Do they meet at chipotle?

Crap apparently I was doing it wrong on Tinder. All I got were offers for massages and cuddling. And one weirdo wanted to go shopping with me so he could watch me try on clothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships