Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 06:23 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,790 times

Advertisements

Please moderators, let this stay in relationship section. Because my question is, is it still possible for people to learn to love a lot and unconditionally like dogs and other animals do?
Dogs love us five times more than cats says BBC documentary | Metro News

Meanwhile people rather keep their pets than their dating partners, would it be time for a human being to stop and think what are those reasons why peoples divorcing rates are so big?

What is the right thing that is between a human and dog (or other animals)

but a human cannot give or receive it with another human being?

Should people try to fix their abilities to love their human partners as well as their pets to keep their marriages in good quality?

Is it possible to people to learn to love?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2016, 06:25 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Pets can't talk.

Most, if not all arguments start with the tongue.

Old 02-26-2016, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Pets can't talk.

Most, if not all arguments start with the tongue.

To be specific, pets do talk a lot, they just use speak and sign and body language that people are mostly unable to understand.

And to be spesific we do argue and have missunderstandings with my dogs... It is not happy pink all the time, there must be house rules as well with animals, behaving rules and all. Why we have patience to tell million time to a dog to not steal from the table, to not jump against house visitors but for a partner we just give them forward if they are not exactly what we wish... even most of them don't dirt strangers clothes on daily walks?

Or is it the same type of people who are doing good with their pets are doing good with their partners too and those who are bringing their pets to the shelders for the smallest "flaws" are recycling partners too?

Maybe people should use their tongues too to licking faces only

Old 02-26-2016, 07:19 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
To be specific, pets do talk a lot, they just use speak and sign and body language that people are mostly unable to understand.

And to be spesific we do argue and have missunderstandings with my dogs... It is not happy pink all the time, there must be house rules as well with animals, behaving rules and all. Why we have patience to tell million time to a dog to not steal from the table, to not jump against house visitors but for a partner we just give them forward if they are not exactly what we wish... even most of them don't dirt strangers clothes on daily walks?

Or is it the same type of people who are doing good with their pets are doing good with their partners too and those who are bringing their pets to the shelders for the smallest "flaws" are recycling partners too?

Maybe people should use their tongues too to licking faces only
This is a good point! Those who do good with pets are good partners. I like that.

My point was dogs will sit and listen to you without judgement. No matter what they always seem to be happy you are home.

Old 02-26-2016, 08:46 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesseambers86 View Post
Dogs only act so out of instincts. They know that good behavior equals food. That's as far as it gets.
People are complicated and rational creatures (well, mostly), that's why they tend to judge things around them.

I have not idea why you think this. Humans are animals. We're just one of many many mammals.

Old 02-26-2016, 09:26 AM

2,084 posts, read 2,622,289 times
We love our pets differently than each other because an animal's love is simple. Therefore, we can love them simply in return. We fulfill their needs and treat them kindly and they love us for it. We love them for their desire to want to be around us.

As for learning to love another person, assuming there aren't mental illnesses like NPD present, sure, I think so. But learning to really love another person in a healthy way is more difficult than just loving your cat. It depends on your definition of what love is. In my opinion, to learn to genuinely love someone in an unselfish way, I think there has to be trust, security (in yourself and the other person) and a real basis in friendship.

Can someone learn to do that? Yes, but it isn't easy. Many people think they know how to love but they don't.

Old 02-26-2016, 09:59 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Animals are limited in free will and fiercely loyal for the most part. No wonder why some humans love them more than people.

Old 02-26-2016, 10:58 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Animals can give unconditional love if you treat them right. People on the other hand... Not so much. I can see why a lot of people prefer animals over other people.

Old 02-26-2016, 11:23 AM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Pets are essentially our slaves when you think about it, and that is not a situation where you can consider it unconditional love. There are still all kinds of conditions.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-26-2016, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Pets are essentially our slaves when you think about it, and that is not a situation where you can consider it unconditional love. There are still all kinds of conditions.
I have to say I am a bigger slave to my animals.. I have not seen them carrying insane mountains of foods or cooking hours to me, feeding or grooming me, swiping and washing my dirts and pukes and messes, dressing me (for need) brinning a to a doctor, giving super delicious treats.. And to make it clear, I am actually the one who is petting them for hours and they just lay and enjoy

Yes, I do get lot of them and some are also working dogs but they have a desire to do that. They are not forced to.

What they are actually doing to be vieved as "slaves". I would rather say they are adored and pampered gods and goddesses.

Yeah, they cannot ran away but many of them could not survive without a human at first place. But they are not forced to love us, even lives with us, some of them are a bit grumpy personalities. And this, especially when our pets actually have annoying habits and personal traits we are just accepting them..

"Yeah my dog don't like kids, tries to attack neighbours and dogs, nobody can come to visit our family and post man got 30 stiches to his buttocks" But we love our dog, it is like a family member and we would never give up of him/her (just random example).

People spend so much time and money to their pets without getting paid.. Who is a slave again?

Of course there is negative sides too as breeding and several health problems, kennel factoring etc. but I am just talking about non-abusive people loving their dogs and vice versa.

People could really learn much from themselves in a pet-relationship as well as from their pets..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships