Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 07:47 AM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Did you not read what I wrote?

And again, have you had a relationship?

Who people get involved with isn't about logic.

For goodness sake. I have never met someone and thought "Oh, logically we're a good much, I should pursue a relationship". That's just missing what it is all about.
Hah this reminds me of my so-called friend, who expressed surprise at my latest break up because "you both smoke weed".

Apparently this means we should've been a perfect match.

I note she doesn't restrict herself to men who drink cider, however.

This woman is over 60 now so I hold zero hope of her realizing how ridiculous she sounds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2015, 08:27 AM

67 posts, read 65,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Having a dating relationship that didn't work out would have "ruined your life"? Prone to hyperbole much? All my relationships to this point have ended to this point (except the ones I'm pursuing now)... and my life isn't ruined, and I've had some amazing experiences, fallen in love, made friendships, had passionate sex, cried, HAD HEARTACHE, made up, formed bonds, lived with girlfriends, and had the ups and downs most people call life. None have "ruined my life", and none would have ever have happened if I selected who to date on logic, because attraction isn't about logic.

Let me know when you make that logical selection of who to fall in love with work out, ok? Then you can give advice on how it works.
Great post! This is exactly on point. I'll be over this in another day or two and be out looking to meet someone new. The suddenness was surprising but then again, it always is.

Old 11-04-2015, 08:39 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Dissenter has sworn off dating, romantic relationships, marriage and children, so I am not sure why he still posts here.

Old 11-04-2015, 08:41 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,608,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat1964 View Post
Great post! This is exactly on point. I'll be over this in another day or two and be out looking to meet someone new. The suddenness was surprising but then again, it always is.
So then what was your purpose of posting? To indict a woman who did nothing wrong other than to *gasp* be honest with you before it went any further??

Old 11-04-2015, 08:44 AM

2,936 posts, read 2,334,944 times
Could she have ended it earlier? Sure. Could she have not had sex with you after she knew? I guess. But let's be honest, not bitter. She did both of you a favor after a relatively relationship. Would you rather spend another year with her and breakup then?

Breakups happen, it's part of dating. But I don't know many people who wished they're now ended relationship had lasted longer.

Old 11-04-2015, 08:46 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Dissenter has sworn off dating, romantic relationships, marriage and children, so I am not sure why he still posts here.

Why would someone give advice on how to have a relationship if they don't have them, or haven't had them, and don't want them? That's mental.

Old 11-04-2015, 08:51 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I haven't sworn off dating or romantic relationships, just don't think they are likely but still attempting. I see things through my eyes or my observations with peers.

Old 11-04-2015, 11:05 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,310,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by david0966 View Post
What a stupid post. Yeah, I guess I should inform my G/F that she's "settling" for me.
Judging from your defensiveness and comment about your girlfriend, yeah, you should!

In fact, it's pretty damn obvious you suspect this regarding your own relationship.

Don't wait! Now is the time to start adopting your house cats! LOL !!

Old 11-04-2015, 11:13 AM

2,912 posts, read 2,443,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Judging from your defensiveness and comment about your girlfriend, yeah, you should!

In fact, it's pretty damn obvious you suspect this regarding your own relationship.

Don't wait! Now is the time to start adopting your house cats! LOL !!
That's a really great point, thanks for helping me see the light! Yeah, I'm sure she's got her back-up guy in the pipeline as we speak. I'm not a cat person, I actually prefer dogs.

Old 11-04-2015, 11:19 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,310,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by david0966 View Post
That's a really great point, thanks for helping me see the light! Yeah, I'm sure she's got her back-up guy in the pipeline as we speak. I'm not a cat person, I actually prefer dogs.
No doubt!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships