Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 09:19 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,226,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question2015 View Post
It leads to many more women finding him attractive, just because of it, and he gets to choose the best mate, if he is ever wanting to settle down. Seems like a pretty good deal to me.
Doesn't that mean you're always on the lookout for the one that might be even better then the one you are with? There'll always be better options around the corner so why settle?

I guess we all have different approaches to life. I certainly don't think in terms of winning & losing when it comes to my relationship coz that sounds like a lot of gameplay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2015, 11:00 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Nice story and all due respect but, you both made choices I would never have made. It just does not make sense to me to pursue someone who is decided on having children when I'm decided on not having children.
I agree with you. When you are in a relationship, you should both be on the same page with regards to your relationship goals, how an unexpected pregnancy will be handled, as well as how you feel about starting a family in the future (or not).

It's problematic though because human beings are fickle and they change their minds a lot.

Old 11-13-2015, 12:23 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Just curious, how did you arrive at this conclusion? Was it all based on FB photos? Did you even meet up with her?
Nope, didn't meet up with her. Was able to find more photos by finding her FB profile and only confirmed that the two photos I saw of her at first were the rule and not the exception.

Old 11-13-2015, 07:45 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,461,642 times
OP-if you don't have kids and don't want kids, try to keep that idea to yourself as long as possible. If asked first about your stance on kids, just say that they are not a priority in the immediate future. That should keep a woman sated long enough to at least have sex with you. I wouldn't go around advertising my no children ever stance before I got laid with the particular women.

Most often, if you keep quiet on this topic, the woman will too. She'll assume you want kids, you'll assume she wants kids, you'll have protected sex, and then maybe this topic will come up further down the road. But don't force something unpleasant too early on.

Old 11-13-2015, 11:04 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
OP-if you don't have kids and don't want kids, try to keep that idea to yourself as long as possible. If asked first about your stance on kids, just say that they are not a priority in the immediate future. That should keep a woman sated long enough to at least have sex with you. I wouldn't go around advertising my no children ever stance before I got laid with the particular women.

Most often, if you keep quiet on this topic, the woman will too. She'll assume you want kids, you'll assume she wants kids, you'll have protected sex, and then maybe this topic will come up further down the road. But don't force something unpleasant too early on.
Not to say this ain't tempting but I just couldn't do it. If I'm going to hit it, I would ideally want a girl to be on the same page about what happen if birth control were to fail. If a girl wants kids, she is more likely to keep an Oops baby. Plus being dishonest about a big issue like that is just shady to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships