Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 05:32 PM

1,846 posts, read 2,045,783 times

Advertisements

Someone I am seeing has asked me this and I know she doesn't want to hear the normal bs. I was thinking about my own reasons but was curious what you guys like to hear?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 05:40 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,017,402 times
I like to hear whatever his reasons might be.

Old 11-19-2015, 05:44 PM

5,135 posts, read 4,488,293 times
It's great to hear that he thinks I'm:

pretty
intelligent
fun, interesting and easy to talk to
positive
nice
kind
sexy
supportive/encouraging
loving

But I'm happy to hear whatever his reasons may be.

Last edited by Sage 80; 11-19-2015 at 06:02 PM..

Old 11-19-2015, 05:51 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,289,902 times
The normal bs is when someone tells them what they think they want to hear. Your list should be your list for her...nothing more or less. What do you like? Do you like the way she gets into bed and latches onto you, taking in your heat...do you like the way she spirals maple syrup over her home made waffles? I always had success giving very specific reasons...anyone can toss out 5-10 adjectives

Old 11-19-2015, 06:02 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,226,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigueur2014 View Post
The normal bs is when someone tells them what they think they want to hear. Your list should be your list for her...nothing more or less. What do you like? Do you like the way she gets into bed and latches onto you, taking in your heat...do you like the way she spirals maple syrup over her home made waffles? I always had success giving very specific reasons...anyone can toss out 5-10 adjectives
This. I know I would be extremely pleased if my man could put into words specific things he likes about me. E.g. I once dated a guy who sang and played the piano for me, to a song that he knew i would love. It just showed that he had really listened to what I had been saying. I still smile when I think about it.

Old 11-19-2015, 06:08 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,007,888 times
If the normal bs is what you like about her then it's not bs.

Also, I would never, ever ask that question. It screams insecurity.

Old 11-19-2015, 06:13 PM

3,055 posts, read 2,929,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
Someone I am seeing has asked me this and I know she doesn't want to hear the normal bs. I was thinking about my own reasons but was curious what you guys like to hear?
Honestly, I like to hear because I'm attractive. Also because I'm intelligent and am similar to the person I like (have similar interests) and that I have the same faith, and that I'm eccentric (I'm thinking about my fiancé and what he said to me).

Old 11-19-2015, 06:14 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,375,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigueur2014 View Post
BBM~~ And Yep..and most normal girls/young women should recognize it..but then again..Desperate females may fall for the talk they hear....and unfortunately many may not realize it's a "Snow Job"....

While most here may have many wonderful relationships with their hubby or GF or "Soul Mate"...I think really the bottomline is "Proof" is in the pudding...walk the talk..then I should add "Talk is cheap"..Actions speak louder than words...

Growing up I didn't "Trust anybody"...that they had to earn my trust..but I didn't throw out anybody who seemed to be sincere...But I of course made some error's in my youth..BUT I did learn fairly early.."Talk is Cheap"..Words have consequences..Whether it's a lie or manipulative behaviour...NOPE....GONE..tho would not stop communications....however..boundaries were established!! Thus even today..I still have wonderful friendships with past relationships..

It's all about communication..Honesty is something that must be proven..But ability to express oneself to a person is simply special..UNLESS and of course they are complete A$$H0les!! LOL Then it's flush time

Old 11-19-2015, 07:34 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,484,192 times
He likes the way I handled, did, or said something, because it tells him I'm [insert positive character trait here].

Good-looking, built, all of that superficial stuff doesn't impress me much. Maybe if we were going somewhere and I got my hair done and bought a new outfit, it would be nice to hear him say it looks nice on me, just as an acknowledgment of the effort. But for the most part, I'm about the character.

Old 11-19-2015, 07:35 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,057,521 times
They just want to hear anything that boosts their ego. Whether or not they are interested in the guy, they still want to hear how great he thinks they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships