Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 02:04 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,971,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, it's not even about him not calling you. He said he'd come SEE you as well, but clearly he blew you off for a party. Which he likely knew in advance was happening, so why the pretense that he's come see you?

My take (admittedly on little info): He's not that into you. Move on.

Stop gunning for the hill all the time. She decided to leave her phone away from him while she talked for an hour without checking her phone. He did call 30 min later. We are not perfect. She has known him 8 years. You would think that she would know his behavior by now and that he would probably text. She missed his call because she was flapping her gums.

Stop overreacting all the time and start looking deeper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 02:09 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,451,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
He called but she didn't pick up the phone for an hour while entertaining her neighbor. She is just as at fault.
Quote:
Stop gunning for the hill all the time. She decided to leave her phone away from him while she talked for an hour without checking her phone. He did call 30 min later. We are not perfect. She has known him 8 years. You would think that she would know his behavior by now and that he would probably text. She missed his call because she was flapping her gums.
Actually, he didn't call. He texted her.

Old 11-19-2015, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
Actually, he didn't call. He texted her.
I was going to gun for you but I realized that you forgot to leave the smiley face . You have to leave the smiley face so I can get the sarcasm .

Its' 2015, nobody ever leaves their phone further away than arm's reach. And if they have known each other for 8 years, she knows he is a texter. We all text. Oh, I forgot:

Old 11-19-2015, 02:39 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,451,528 times
Quote:
I was going to gun for you but I realized that you forgot to leave the smiley face . You have to leave the smiley face so I can get the sarcasm .

Its' 2015, nobody ever leaves their phone further away than arm's reach. And if they have known each other for 8 years, she knows he is a texter. We all text. Oh, I forgot:
I wasn't being sarcastic. In my world, if someone says "I will call you" it means my phone will ring and someone will be waiting to actually talk to me. If someone says "I will text you," it means I will get a text.

If I'm working on a project on a deadline, I will sometimes leave my phone in the car so I'm not distracted by it because inevitably, that's the day everyone in my contact list will decide they need me. On weekends and evenings, I'm often no where near my phone. Either it's in my purse, plugged into the charger, or in my room whereas I'm downstairs or in my home office. On the weekends especially, I find it rather refreshing to not be tied to my phone.

Old 11-19-2015, 03:16 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:

He didn't call, that's why she missed his communication. You're taking the superficial view of it. My deeper analysis says he's not all that into her. But we don't have enough info on their situation to say for sure. More info needed from the OP. She's known him for 8 years only at work, mainly. But, whatever.

Old 11-19-2015, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
I wasn't being sarcastic. In my world, if someone says "I will call you" it means my phone will ring and someone will be waiting to actually talk to me. If someone says "I will text you," it means I will get a text.
Look baby, look into my virtual eyes. He called at 8:30. She was flapping her gums and didn't pick up the phone until 9:30. it's a relationship, not a business transaction. She waited a whole 1 hour before returning his text or call.

She didn't even check to see if he was ok. If a kitten was suppose to come see me and call at 8. You bet by 8:45 I would be calling her saying "hey lady, where are you with my turkey provologne samich".

Regardless, she snoozed, she lossed. She could have easily excused herself from the party she was having at her home (i believe it was a party since should could not excuse herself for 2 min to check her phone- perhaps another squeeze, woot woot ).

And don't give me the surgery BS. If she is that hurt, she should be resting, not entertaining guests.

How am I doing?

Old 11-19-2015, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
He didn't call, that's why she missed his communication. You're taking the superficial view of it. My deeper analysis says he's not all that into her. But we don't have enough info on their situation to say for sure. More info needed from the OP. She's known him for 8 years only at work, mainly. But, whatever.
Ok, now I am getting tagged team. Listen, she is making all this fuss but yet she was with a neighbor. Are we not taking this into account? She gaffed off the phone from 8:30 until 9:30. She has some responsibility.

You women always talking about equality and independence but you can't even pick up the phone to call a man? That's it! We are going back to the 60s since you guys can't handle modern times!!

Old 11-19-2015, 03:32 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,908,708 times
Quote:

The guy has already proven in his previous actions that he's not into her.

Old 11-19-2015, 03:33 PM

1,273 posts, read 991,710 times
Quote:
Look baby, look into my virtual eyes. He called at 8:30. She was flapping her gums and didn't pick up the phone until 9:30. it's a relationship, not a business transaction. She waited a whole 1 hour before returning his text or call.

She didn't even check to see if he was ok. If a kitten was suppose to come see me and call at 8. You bet by 8:45 I would be calling her saying "hey lady, where are you with my turkey provologne samich".

Regardless, she snoozed, she lossed. She could have easily excused herself from the party she was having at her home (i believe it was a party since should could not excuse herself for 2 min to check her phone- perhaps another squeeze, woot woot ).

And don't give me the surgery BS. If she is that hurt, she should be resting, not entertaining guests.

How am I doing?
Hahaha haha

Brilliant.

Old 11-19-2015, 06:36 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Ok, now I am getting tagged team. Listen, she is making all this fuss but yet she was with a neighbor. Are we not taking this into account? She gaffed off the phone from 8:30 until 9:30. She has some responsibility.

You women always talking about equality and independence but you can't even pick up the phone to call a man? That's it! We are going back to the 60s since you guys can't handle modern times!!
This has nothing to do with it. He said he'd call (not text), so she was waiting for the phone to ring. A neighbor came over and distracted her, but she was still listening for the phone to ring. When someone says they're going to do something, they're expected to follow through, that's what this is about. It has nothing to do with equality. Nice try, though.

I'm sure we'll hear from the OP in a few months, when there's another incident, or when she's moved on, or the guy has moved on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships