Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2015, 12:55 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,800,319 times

Advertisements

If it gets harder it would be because the options for decent men also diminish. The single older men would probably be bald, fat or both, and carry a lot of baggage. The other side of the spectrum would be really young dudes into older women. In that case, I wouldn't mind being a cougar if I'm still single and look great at that age.

Old 12-08-2015, 12:55 PM

311 posts, read 294,058 times
Location is everything.
A 37 year old female may struggle in NYC, but she will feel like a super model in DC or San Jose.

Old 12-08-2015, 12:57 PM

565 posts, read 434,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeboi View Post
Location is everything.
A 37 year old female may struggle in NYC, but she will feel like a super model in DC or San Jose.
A 37 year old, AVERAGE looking woman, is most likely to struggle in all of those cities. At the very least, she will find dating a lot more difficult than what she experienced when she was 22.

Old 12-08-2015, 01:12 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,039,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question2015 View Post
Here is an article that talks about both men and women as they age, and who we actually find most attractive. Again, its just common sense.

Are you a girl over 22? Then don't even bother with online dating: Alarming graph shows what ages we find most attractive in the opposite sex | Daily Mail Online
"A girl over 22"? Who wrote this, a 15 year old?

Old 12-08-2015, 01:16 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,367,833 times
Quote:
A 37 year old, AVERAGE looking woman, is most likely to struggle in all of those cities. At the very least, she will find dating a lot more difficult than what she experienced when she was 22.

Whether or not there's any truth to this statement or your earlier comments, what motivates you to offer your very predictable take on things like this? If anyone took you seriously, then your contribution here would only make women in that age group feel a little iffy about their dating prospects. Does that benefit you in some way?

Old 12-08-2015, 01:17 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,138,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
"A girl over 22"? Who wrote this, a 15 year old?

That's from Dataclysm. Anyone that's read it and has a clue about statistics, and data driven social analyses knows that the author doesn't know what the _____ he was talking about. It was pseudoscience.

Old 12-08-2015, 01:18 PM

2,306 posts, read 1,713,607 times
Quote:
Here is an article that talks about both men and women as they age, and who we actually find most attractive. Again, its just common sense.

Are you a girl over 22? Then don't even bother with online dating: Alarming graph shows what ages we find most attractive in the opposite sex | Daily Mail Online
Sometimes I wonder if some men don't "get it" that a woman looking attractive and actually being attractive in a way that you want to have a relationship with them are two totally different things. Sure, young women in their 20s are pleasing to the eye... but there is so much more to a relationship than that. If you don't learn to look deeper than an outer body and figure out what constitutes a good partner and lover in life, you are very likely to be one of those men who gets hurt badly or taken to the cleaners by a woman with a pretty face and an ugly agenda.

Old 12-08-2015, 01:24 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,408,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
Sometimes I wonder if some men don't "get it" that a woman looking attractive and actually being attractive in a way that you want to have a relationship with them are two totally different things. Sure, young women in their 20s are pleasing to the eye... but there is so much more to a relationship than that. If you don't learn to look deeper than an outer body and figure out what constitutes a good partner and lover in life, you are very likely to be one of those men who gets hurt badly or taken to the cleaners by a woman with a pretty face and an ugly agenda.
for sure, as someone in my late 20s, there are plenty of girls that are in their early or mid 20s that are very attractive but not ones i may have anything in common with or could really connect to. I'm not really into the party scene anymore, a lot of younger 20s people may still want to go out all the time. Someone's common interests are more important to me than their age.

Old 12-08-2015, 01:37 PM

16,959 posts, read 17,416,828 times
Quote:

Oh yeah, we got graphs going on this thread

Old 12-08-2015, 01:48 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,301,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
for sure, as someone in my late 20s, there are plenty of girls that are in their early or mid 20s that are very attractive but not ones i may have anything in common with or could really connect to. I'm not really into the party scene anymore, a lot of younger 20s people may still want to go out all the time. Someone's common interests are more important to me than their age.
They have the ability to go out all the time, because they likely lack the responsibility of children. It's likely why men in their 40s who are childless, look at women in their 20s and 30s as highly marketable. I know a man who is 41 and is married to a woman who's 30, and they're expecting their first child together next year. She came on to him pretty hard. Unforeseen circumstances brought them together. She came out of a 7 year long-term relationship and she was looking for children and a husband. She didn't get that with her relationship. They met, clicked right off the bat, and moved on with their lives together.

She was wanting a family, and at 29, her clock was ticking. The man she's in love with now, was not the man she envisioned herself with 7 years ago. Time changes and so do people.

40 year old men who are childless are likely looking to stay that way or want to start off with a clean slate. I'm not saying I agree with it either, but a 40 year old childless man is likely not going to want to deal with teenagers or small children from a woman his age. He's likely going to look for someone younger, especially if he's received feedback from younger women that he looks good for his age.

It's why some women tend to dress younger and try and look younger, the successful men their age may be looking for that younger looking woman. Doesn't mean her age always has to be young either. If he's 45, and been told constantly he looks mid 30s, there's a slim chance he's going to want to date a woman who's 45 and looks her age. Sure it's vain, but people tend to try and look younger, not older.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships