Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2015, 04:51 AM

181 posts, read 168,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I think it is safe to assume she was kidding.
Apparently you were wrong. What else would you assume is safe? Let me guess, getting married.

Old 12-16-2015, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1xolisiwe View Post
I'm grateful my real life experience differs to what I read on cd! I had no idea there were so many bitter men out there!
If your real life experience is so great, why come on here & read posts by bitter men?

Men are bitter when they don't want to play a game that is stacked against them? How is that not shaming language (rhetorical). Men aren't falling for it anymore. They're walking away from the plantation. The divorce industry has proven they care about one thing-harvesting the blood, sweat & tears of men. They will now try to do the same thing w/ cohabitation because the number of men they can harvest is dwindling fast. Soon, saying hello to a woman in the U.S. will be grounds for her to file for alimony.

Old 12-16-2015, 05:23 AM

1,481 posts, read 1,226,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben theredundat View Post
If your real life experience is so great, why come on here & read posts by bitter men?

Men are bitter when they don't want to play a game that is stacked against them? How is that not shaming language (rhetorical). Men aren't falling for it anymore. They're walking away from the plantation. The divorce industry has proven they care about one thing-harvesting the blood, sweat & tears of men. They will now try to do the same thing w/ cohabitation because the number of men they can harvest is dwindling fast. Soon, saying hello to a woman in the U.S. will be grounds for her to file for alimony.
TBH, if there was a way of avoiding the bitter posts, I would opt for it!

Walking away from the plantation? The majority of men don't get divorced. If you're so worried about being taken to the cleaners why not look for a woman who earns more than you? That way, you can be the one who benefits from divorce since your main concern seems to be monetary.

Old 12-16-2015, 05:53 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,036,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
Care to share what prompted you to change your mind and give him a chance romantically/sexually? I always thought the lack of attraction in a woman toward a specific man, and by extension, having him in the friend zone, was permanent.
He has always been cute and I have always thought he was attractive. He had crushed on me since high school, but thought he was too old for me. He is only 2 years older. I was always scared of dating him because I never wanted to lose him as a friend. But then it dawned on me that when crap hits the fan, it was him by my side. When my car broke down this past summer, I couldn't find my bf. But my now bf came to my rescue.

When I went to pool parties, work cook outs, and events, it was him that I had with me. My bf had no interest in being with me.

A mutual friend finally asked me why I was not with him, because we are so good together and he is marriage material. I really thought about her words. Dumped my mooching ex, and my now bf, slid right into being my boyfriend. And we joke about te friend zone, and I can't tell you how many people have sent us friend zone songs...lol

Old 12-16-2015, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Apparently you were wrong. What else would you assume is safe? Let me guess, getting married.

She was more right than you.

I left my ex because I Was not what he wanted and i wanted love. Of course I Know that he should have loved me the way that I am and I shouldn't have to change myself for him to love me. Looking back, he is incapable of loving and me not being perfect were just excuses.

Old 12-16-2015, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
She was more right than you.

I left my ex because I Was not what he wanted and i wanted love. Of course I Know that he should have loved me the way that I am and I shouldn't have to change myself for him to love me. Looking back, he is incapable of loving and me not being perfect were just excuses.
Yes, bc I expected you to go outside your in group preference. haha

Old 12-16-2015, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1xolisiwe View Post
TBH, if there was a way of avoiding the bitter posts, I would opt for it!

Walking away from the plantation? The majority of men don't get divorced. If you're so worried about being taken to the cleaners why not look for a woman who earns more than you? That way, you can be the one who benefits from divorce since your main concern seems to be monetary.
I'm worried about something now?
Don't have any monetary concerns & not looking for an anchor. Single & happy that way. If I could avoid the shaming I would; but it's everywhere in society, not just CD. Men are shamed from birth. Most mothers hide the true nature of women from their own sons.

Old 12-16-2015, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Yes, bc I expected you to go outside your in group preference. haha
What?

Old 12-16-2015, 06:17 AM

1,481 posts, read 1,226,089 times
Quote:
I'm worried about something now?
Don't have any monetary concerns & not looking for an anchor. Single & happy that way. If I could avoid the shaming I would; but it's everywhere in society, not just CD. Men are shamed from birth. Most mothers hide the true nature of women from their own sons.
I still don't get how you are being shamed? There's nothing wrong with being single if that's what you want. I'm also not sure what you mean by the "true nature of women..." If all men are being shamed, then why are some in happy and successful marriages/relationships?

Old 12-16-2015, 06:30 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
You divorced your first husband, and now you wonder why other men might not want to marry you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships