Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 03:14 PM

880 posts, read 1,251,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Everyone ...
I don't want to argue for the sake of arguing. Try it and let us know how it goes. Or just read some post-mortems here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2015, 03:16 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,888,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsFan20 View Post
My advice: run...

Not worth the hassle to raise someone else's spawn
Can I get your girlfriends email address? I'd like to forward her this post.

Old 12-17-2015, 03:31 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,888,603 times
OP you seem to be taking this subject very seriously and I absolutely applaud you. You are right, you won't be their father. They are too old for that and they have one. My biggest advice is to make absolutely sure your gf doesn't expect you to take on a parenting role. You can be a mentor, a friend, a role model, but not their father or disciplinarian. That's the biggest mistake a step parent can make coming in so late into childhood.

I was childless (but wanted kids) when I met and married my husband. His kids were quite young so I fell in the role of "mom". Looking back, even though they were young (they don't have any memories before I was around even), there was some bumpy times that could have been avoided if I had insisted my husband do the bulk of the parenting. They had a relationship with their bio mom, but she was abusive and unstable.

I won't lie, there were very hard times. But they are grown now and I absolutely love them and am so proud of them. I am proud of the role I played in their lives. We moved away from the state we all lived in with our two younger kids and don't get to see them much any more. We text and stuff, but we miss them a lot. So I can say I would do it again in a heart beat...with a few tweaks.

Old 12-17-2015, 03:37 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben theredundat View Post
Translation- If you don't agree w/ me, you're ignorant & vulgar.

It's like you didn't even try to read what I actually wrote.

Old 12-17-2015, 03:59 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,636,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question2015 View Post
Yes, I have a story concerning this topic.

In the wild animal kingdom, male who get access to a female, for the purpose of mating, often kills or eats spawn of another male that the female is taking care of, in order to ensure 100% of her attention for his own offspring.

Hope this helps.
good post

Old 12-17-2015, 04:02 PM

I'm dating a woman with two children currently. I have no idea how this will go.

Probably the result will be just hanging out having fun taking care of each others intimate needs.

As pointed out by Question2015, if my intention is family than the focus needs to be on my children that she will give me.

Old 12-17-2015, 04:03 PM

48,533 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
good post
Yes, that is quite helpful for those who have not developed a frontal lobe.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-17-2015, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Case in point. When a man enters the family of a divorced women with children, he will never be the man he's to be for that family.

The kids belong to someone else. The man has laid down to one of his primary roles in life.

Old 12-17-2015, 04:11 PM

565 posts, read 432,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Reported for name calling. Oh wait....

Old 12-17-2015, 04:12 PM

48,533 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Case in point. When a man enters the family of a divorced women with children, he will never be the man he's to be for that family.

The kids belong to someone else. The man has laid down to one of his primary roles in life.

How old are you? A lot of men do not see their primary roll in life to spread their seed.

There is a whole industry surrounding the prevention of it.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships