Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 07:21 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,617,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post

I decided, since my eyes were not enough (IMO) to attract a man, I would work on my body. I met my husband at the gym.

ABOVE AVERAGE BODY......Check!!

Then I decided that my husband is not a shallow man and whatever he saw in me was not related to my eyes.

GREAT PERSONALITY......Check!!

Men talk to women because there is something about her that he likes. For many or even most, that thing is physical.

BODY & PERSONALITY......Check!!!

Thanks for confirming everything I said in my previous post.

You landed one guy and now you are the authority on how men think and what we are attracted to??

If you hadn't of been in the gym....working on that ABOVE AVERAGE BODY...would you have met your husband???

Probably not.

Continue on....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2015, 07:27 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,020,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Don't shoot the messenger.

If your eyes, face, neck, chin or whatever is screwed up.....find another way to attract a man's attention.

Why would a guy go out of his way to talk to you when you look just like the other 15 women he sees everyday.

Either way ladies.....if you can't love yourself and the body that you have been given....No man will.

Insecurity will scare a man away much quicker than a defect.

Good luck.
You really can't make your personality "better" in the way that you mean. You can develop more interests, but if they're not actual interests and just a gimmick to make yourself more attractive to men, it'll become obvious pretty quickly. I guess you can develop a geisha-like demeanor, but it would probably be difficult to keep up this fake behavior for long and anyone who felt the need to act this way would likely become resentful and might well come across as needy and desperate, which is unappealing to all but would-be domestic abusers. Of course, genuine interest in others and concern for their needs is attractive, but genuine kindness doesn't stem from the desire to be popular with the opposite sex.

Working on your body can help, but women with plain faces and good bodies are often used for sex, so that can backfire. Facial surgery, where possible, is probably the best solution. I went that route, went from about a 4 to a 5 or 5.5, and was able to secure marriage from a boyfriend who was unsure about commiting to me and am still married going on 10 years later.

As for why a guy would talk to a woman who looked like many others, most can't attract exceptional looking women. The everyday man gets an everyday woman. Only a few do better.

Old 12-24-2015, 07:27 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,275,815 times
Quote:
Thanks for confirming everything I said in my previous post.

You landed one guy....that liked the way you looked.....and now you are the authority on how men think and what we are attracted to??

Give me a break.

If you hadn't of been in the gym....working on that ABOVE AVERAGE BODY...would you have met your husband???

Probably not.

Continue on....
Body is not and was not above average. And I am not an authority. Nor are you.

Old 12-24-2015, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Body is not and was not above average. And I am not an authority. Nor are you.

The definition of an ABOVE AVERAGE BODY is different for every man.

Your guy liked what he saw.

If he didn't....you would have never gotten his attention. But...you knew this already. That is why you were in the gym.

I dating a girl a few years ago who had a brother that was in a wheel chair.

Despite his impairment, she told me he never went long without a decent looking girlfriend.

Why?? Because the guy was as smooth as any other man these women had met.

He compensated for his disability by becoming a great conversationalist...a smooth talker...and good in other areas.

At the end of the day.... your blemish will be what you make of it.

LOOKS will GET a man's attention.

PERSONALITY will KEEP his attention.

That's all for me.

Why don't you married ladies get off the relationship thread and go spend some time with your husbands.

:b

Last edited by usamathman; 12-24-2015 at 08:29 PM..

Old 12-24-2015, 10:11 PM

477 posts, read 314,562 times
Quote:
The definition of an ABOVE AVERAGE BODY is different for every man.

Your guy liked what he saw.

If he didn't....you would have never gotten his attention. But...you knew this already. That is why you were in the gym.

I dating a girl a few years ago who had a brother that was in a wheel chair.

Despite his impairment, she told me he never went long without a decent looking girlfriend.

Why?? Because the guy was as smooth as any other man these women had met.

He compensated for his disability by becoming a great conversationalist...a smooth talker...and good in other areas.

At the end of the day.... your blemish will be what you make of it.

LOOKS will GET a man's attention.

PERSONALITY will KEEP his attention.

That's all for me.

Why don't you married ladies get off the relationship thread and go spend some time with your husbands.

:b
Why don't you single guys get off the relationship thread and go spend time with your hand?

Old 12-24-2015, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningPoeFrost View Post
Why don't you single guys get off the relationship thread and go spend time with your hand?
Nahhh. I'd rather drop by your house.......give you an early "Stocking Stuffer"

Merry Christmas Baby.....

You sure do treat me nice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no39...8181DB1C2DD5B5

Last edited by usamathman; 12-24-2015 at 10:58 PM..

Old 12-24-2015, 10:29 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,170,476 times
Quote:
Mature.

Someone's getting coal in their stocking.

Old 12-24-2015, 10:45 PM

10 posts, read 7,286 times
Beauty is an arbitrary measure of humans... created by humans. Your definition is laughable.

Old 12-24-2015, 10:49 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,303,481 times
Quote:
Nice. Someone is on the naughty list for Christmas this year. It was a joke BTW so don't go off and attack me.

Old 12-24-2015, 11:23 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,727,010 times
Quote:
My hand is too busy holding my vodka.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships