Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 01:19 PM

92 posts, read 127,507 times

Advertisements

Too much overthinking.
If she flakes, then odds are she would have flaked even if you didn't accidentally meet before the date.

Plus, it's only awkward if you make it awkward. Just go out and do your thing without worrying about coincidences and happenstances.

Your job is to be ready (and on time) on the day and time you planned the date. That's all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2015, 01:46 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,404,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
You're allowed to talk to other human beings, relax. Either she'll flake or she won't. If she does, it might be more due to the fact that you acted socially awkward & were clearly uncomfortable she was at the second dance club, rather than just playing it cool.

Well, I think I did play to cool...on the outside anyway.

Old 12-29-2015, 03:37 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,765,736 times
Quality people understand that we all have lives where they are not at the center. You will be ok, if she is a quality person.

Old 12-29-2015, 03:39 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,471,808 times
No, I don't think so. If she flakes, I agree that she would have flaked without the random, unplanned interaction. Female flaking is high so you've always got to be looking for new prospects until things are solidified in a relationship.

Old 12-30-2015, 08:37 PM

Update: This morning we clarified the details for our first date which was to be this evening (Wednesday). Time and place were set. So everything looked like game on. Two hours before the date she texted me to say, "Hi. I am sorry but I can't see you tonight because I have an emergency. I am really sorry but I hope we can get together on another day. How would Sunday work for you?"

I guess emergencies do happen but I have my doubts. Look forward to being proven wrong. She gets one more shot and that is it.

Old 12-30-2015, 08:46 PM

92 posts, read 127,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Update: This morning we clarified the details for our first date which was to be this evening (Wednesday). Time and place were set. So everything looked like game on. Two hours before the date she texted me to say, "Hi. I am sorry but I can't see you tonight because I have an emergency. I am really sorry but I hope we can get together on another day. How would Sunday work for you?"

I guess emergencies do happen but I have my doubts. Look forward to being proven wrong. She gets one more shot and that is it.
You see now why you shouldn't have even sweated about seeing each other randomly before your date? Sure emergencies happen, so without proof you must give her the benefit of the doubt, but it sounds fishy to me.

I had a girl flake on me last week by telling me she couldn't see me because she got too drunk at her company party the night before and wanted to go home early to rest. Lol. Let's see what your potential date gives as the emergency.

Old 12-30-2015, 08:46 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,045,023 times
Quote:

So weird...

I seriously HATE flakes. WHY would she go to all the trouble of planning with you and THEN have an "emergency"???

I am dubious also, but I look forward to hearing what the emergency was.

Old 12-30-2015, 08:49 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,791,210 times
Quote:

What happens to the other one, the one you posted a thread previously, did I miss something?

Old 12-30-2015, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
What happens to the other one, the one you posted a thread previously, did I miss something?
You might be referring to the "promotional model" I met at an event. She flaked on what was to be our third date. That one is history but thanks for asking.

Old 12-30-2015, 09:05 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,633,924 times
Quote:

At least she tried to reschedule the date, but I really hate when people flake the day of the date. I would give her another chance if I was really interested though. I mean, you both love Latin dance clubs so you have that in common.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships