Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 04:15 AM

6 posts, read 4,175 times

Advertisements

I've met people try and con me with a pyramid scheme, door to door salesman for ___, some fake internship that was a pyramid scheme, those emails. I think I got pretty good at this. Now I met this girl and I'm thinking of suing her because I think she was scamming me this whole time. NOW, I know everybody is going to chew me out for loaning her money. But I'm debating if I should sue her or not.

This girl contacted me. She seemed nice and sweet and on our first two dates I had a GREAT time. I liked her. Third date she asked me to try weed with her and I tried it and couldn't care for it. I said I'll try it one more time and gave her a small amount of money on the forth date. She got caught and was arrested. That was it no more of this weed business. Relationship while didn't began normal later became normal just lunch/dinner, talking, and light kissing.

We talked about other things she was freaked out by the whole situation. Then while at the mall she wanted to try some shirts on. Then she leaves the dressing room covered in tears and chuck the shirts on the counter. She claims her relative is threatening to throw all her belongings in the trash. I drive her home and it's world war III. Just the two of them yelling at each other. Guy gives me the third degree. Just fuming mad. So she runs to me and tells me this guy wants to beat the **** out of me. Then they argue and she said she wants to know if I can drive around corner and drive her to her cousin's house. IDK what to do and agree. She never showed up and I went home.

Next day she asked if I can drive her to her cousin and I said sure. I go there and she's at the corner of the street sobbing. She tells me her relative threw her out and she asked me for rent money. Her relative doesn't have money and lives in a side apartment. I yelled at her and said that probably wasn't her uncle. I have no idea. It was either all fake, or that was her relative and she's using it as an excuss, or she's being honest. So, I started to loan her money until she gets a job and pay me back. The deal was I'll help her find a job and she'll start paying me back 25-50percent of her check. Seems fair. Right?

She claims she was asking other distant relatives and claimed to be repaying me back. When I get there it's always another story. I get annoyed with her. There was times I wanted to call quits but then she wouldn't pay me back. So I stayed I felt I was in too deep. But part of me liked her a lot though.

Then she calls and wigs out on me saying she's going to jail? She gives me her mother number. If she can't get in contact with her she wants me to call her and give her the bad news. Gee... awesome.... I called her mother a week later and she said to well... give up on her daughter? I felt bad found the jail and send a goodbye letter with pictures for her.

A few months later she gets out and she won't stop asking to see me. Said she missed me and that she was amazed I wrote to her? I said I didn't want to but later agreed to see her. Then non stop crazness followed. I don't understand what's going on. She just disappeared on me one day? I'm angry and told her we're done. She said she;ll make it up to me. It's wayyyy.... too much fighting. It cost a lot of money to see her and I feel like I'm wasting my time. She lies about having a job. Now she's suppose to have a job.

She does this made shady move. I picked her up and she grabs my wallet and shook the steering wheel with her hand and took all the cash. I don't know what to do. I'm worried she'll attack the wheel again. She gives the money to some guy that I believed to be dangerous. So, I ditched her and went straight to the cops. They said it's a civil matter. She still claims to be paying me back but says she hates me. Lied and said she never touched my wallet and said I was ling. She claims she need the money for probation? Now she says I can't prove anything.

I have everything recorded on audio. Should I sue or give up on this crazed woman. I think I can find and contact her probation officer and send her back to jail. I rather get repaid but it looks unlikely.

Yes I ****ed up and this is a long post. Should I sue her? Call probation officer hand recording and send her back to jail?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2016, 04:23 AM

19 posts, read 17,024 times
The woman is con-artist for sure. She's trying to manipulate you on emotion.

Truth is she probably has zero money. Take a cue from her relatives who threw her out for not paying rent.

She's a deadbeat and a scammer who probably doesn't have a dime to her name.

The truth is she was using you from day 1.

Move on. Whatever feelings you have for her were manufactured by her purposely.

Old 01-15-2016, 04:30 AM

2,398 posts, read 3,836,130 times
Wow. Just wow. I don't know of this is BS or not but I'll give you my best answer even so...

If it were me and I don't care how much money I lost in a debacle like you are describing, I'd just suck it up and learn from this experience. And how will you learn? By eating the dollars stupidly wasted and then stolen by a woman that gave you ample opportunity to see what/who you were involved with. I'd refuse all contact, lick my wounds and learn.

And what would be the point in suing her? Do you think that she would appear in court or pay any judgement? Doubtful. Besides that it will be her word against yours as I'm pretty sure you put none of your loans/terms in writing. It would be one long exercise in futility that would have her in your life for months longer if not years. Nope. Move on and learn from this.

Last edited by AK-Cathy; 01-15-2016 at 04:40 AM..

Old 01-15-2016, 04:37 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,609,068 times
Well, she sounds like a real POS, but at a certain point it's your own fault for being so gullible.

Do you have any type of agreement with her in writing that she would pay you back? Do you have proof that you gave her that money?

If not, then you can try to sue but likely won't win. Even if you do, like the poster said above, you'll probably never see a dime.

You need to evaluate why you truly want to sue. Is it the money, or are you trying to punish her for screwing you over so horribly? If it's the former, gather as much evidence as you can but recognize you'll likely never be paid back; if the latter, you need to consider this a lesson learned, increase your standards (let me guess: she was hot), and move on.

Old 01-15-2016, 05:39 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,116,207 times
Don't you watch Judge Judy? She always says that if it's not in writing it didn't happen. This is regarding loaning anyone money. If you weren't smart enough to get it in writing that she would pay you back then any attempt to sue her will be pointless because the judge will say there's not enough evidence.

Also I didn't get the sense that she is a scam artist by what you posted but I got a very strong sense that she's just a total idiot and a drama queen who is so flaky that she can't do anything right in her life. And you are the most gullible person for continued contact with her despite everything that kept happening. You've got to take some responsibility for your own role in this fiasco too.

You didn't say how you met this girl so I'm curious. Where and how did you meet her? How did you come to start talking to her in the first place?

Old 01-15-2016, 05:55 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,211,073 times
You weren't scammed, you were suckered...and a willing sucker, at that.
Consider it the cost of the lesson you learned (one would hope)

Old 01-15-2016, 05:55 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
I'm sorry, but this is all on you. One would think you'd stop seeing this crazy woman when she was incarcerated for a few months, BUT NO! You kept putting your hand in the fire

If youve learned your lesson, you would do nothing; take your losses, lick your wounds and move on.

Old 01-15-2016, 05:58 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Good grief, GTFO.

Delete, block, avoid. Forget about her. Move on.

Never, never, never again.

Old 01-15-2016, 06:04 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
Im curious What's so special about this woman that you would keep seeing her despite all the drama from day one? sex? I doubt, it was that good

Old 01-15-2016, 07:08 AM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,337,220 times
Cut your losses and stop having contact with this girl now. Suing her will do you no good but force you into more contact with her. You're obviously to weak willed to say no to her, so block her from every possible method she can contact you via and realize that money is gone forever. Not only would your case be hard to prove, but a court judgment means nothing to people like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships