Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2016, 01:22 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StAcKhOuSe View Post

it might be worth it for you(and me) to give it a shot. the trick is not to have any expectations of sex, companionship, or "love"(whatever that is). I plan to try to incorporate a bit of (online) dating into my life this year, which is way out of character for me. if I am desperate, then I am already set to fail. I am not desperate. in fact, I think the key to my success will be my relative detachment & aloofness to it all. I don't need sex and ive gone so long without it that I probably have more leverage than the average guy that is desperate. hell, with modern technology, I can google what I forgot sex-wise as a refresher if necessary. I am not even looking for anything serious, but if it happens, then fine. I will have to be open-minded about things like that. in the meantime, I plan to just have fun while being brutally honest & down to earth. I am not about to appease anyone for the sole purpose of settling in order to get semi-regular sex. I get the feeling that most dudes think with their penis. that's not going to be me. I am also beginning to think that human interaction/companionship is a necessary evil, with the right person.

if guys with no car, no job, and an iq in the semi-retarded range can get a mate, there is no reason why I cant.
Such a sensible post! It's about not having expectations when you approach people. If you don't have expectations, you can't be disappointed. But you can be pleasantly surprised.

Old 01-11-2016, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
"Pretty much," said the kid-free woman who probably makes three times what the mad-lad you are responding to does and doesn't relish the idea of being with an inexperienced man.
Actually, I did some relishing, early on. It can be hot to break in a virgin guy, if you're already into him. And it's really not about having experience or not having experience, in the final analysis. It's about whether the guy is eager to please. An experienced guy who's lost interest in giving women their "O", for whatever reason (baggage from prior relationships, narcissistic, or whatever) is NOT better than a guy with no experience who's eager to learn!

Old 01-11-2016, 05:03 PM

103 posts, read 69,283 times
Quote:
"Pretty much," said the kid-free woman who probably makes three times what the mad-lad you are responding to does and doesn't relish the idea of being with an inexperienced man.
So where are the inexperienced women for the inexperienced men I guess there aren't any at least when you turn thirty five and up.

Old 01-11-2016, 05:10 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,483,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Actually, I did some relishing, early on. It can be hot to break in a virgin guy, if you're already into him. And it's really not about having experience or not having experience, in the final analysis. It's about whether the guy is eager to please. An experienced guy who's lost interest in giving women their "O", for whatever reason (baggage from prior relationships, narcissistic, or whatever) is NOT better than a guy with no experience who's eager to learn!
At my age? Oh, lawdie, no. If you can do it, good for you. But it's not for me. This is one of the good things about middle age, though. It's really not an issue. I didn't enjoy it in my early 20s, either.

Old 01-11-2016, 05:17 PM

103 posts, read 69,283 times
Quote:
At my age? Oh, lawdie, no. If you can do it, good for you. But it's not for me. This is one of the good things about middle age, though. It's really not an issue. I didn't enjoy it in my early 20s, either.
Its not a problem for women there are more men than you know who are inexperienced past thirty but this is one of those things that women will never understand but its all good.

Old 01-11-2016, 05:38 PM

Quote:
It's definitely a vocation for younger women, I'll grant you that. Still, if I were to run into someone like some of these guys here, who just never managed to attract a woman in college or afterwards, but at 30-whatever or 40 he was a great guy, I wouldn't care as long as he was eager to please. ALL guys have to learn about each new partner and how to push her specific buttons, anyway. We're all unique.

Old 01-11-2016, 05:44 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,407,262 times
Quote:
I think I recall a while back you had said that you would have given a virgin a shot in your early 20's.

But being middle age, I can understand why you wouldn't want to at that age. At the end of the day, it isn't your problem to break in a virgin.

Old 01-11-2016, 05:46 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,407,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It's definitely a vocation for younger women, I'll grant you that. Still, if I were to run into someone like some of these guys here, who just never managed to attract a woman in college or afterwards, but at 30-whatever or 40 he was a great guy, I wouldn't care as long as he was eager to please. ALL guys have to learn about each new partner and how to push her specific buttons, anyway. We're all unique.
That's the only thing that I don't get about certain people that say they wouldn't want to get involved with a virgin.

Even if a guy is experienced or whatever, wouldn't he still has to figure out how to push a new woman's buttons anyhow. Like you said, everyone's different. Maybe I'm wrong..

I've heard stories of some virgins being mindblowing in bed the first time, that their partners wondered whether they were really virgins or not (nor did they know to begin with). So, I don't know...lol

Last edited by NewYorker11356; 01-11-2016 at 05:59 PM..

Old 01-11-2016, 07:37 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
That's the only thing that I don't get about certain people that say they wouldn't want to get involved with a virgin.

Even if a guy is experienced or whatever, wouldn't he still has to figure out how to push a new woman's buttons anyhow. Like you said, everyone's different. Maybe I'm wrong..

I've heard stories of some virgins being mindblowing in bed the first time, that their partners wondered whether they were really virgins or not (nor did they know to begin with). So, I don't know...lol
For me, it would be more about the lack of relationship inexperience than sexual inexperience, per se. Having some relationship history, even if they were bad experiences, gives you some credibility, because it means that another woman, at some point, was willing to be with you.

Old 01-11-2016, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
For me, it would be more about the lack of relationship inexperience than sexual inexperience, per se. Having some relationship history, even if they were bad experiences, gives you some credibility, because it means that another woman, at some point, was willing to be with you.
So what? Who cares? All that matters is that the two of you hit it off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships