Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 02:36 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,405,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Perhaps. But it sounds like the OP is one of those guys who's never tried. Like a couple of the guys we've had here, who say that because women never approached them, it means that categorically they're not attractive to women and could never have a relationship. They roll over and die without even trying.
In my case, I've definitely tried in the past, but have come up with ZERO success. I'm also 25.

It'd be easy for me to feel this way, and some days, I honestly do a bit.

But yeah, for those guys who have NEVER tried at all, they can't blame anyone but themselves.

Old 01-10-2016, 02:43 PM

103 posts, read 69,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
In my case, I've definitely tried in the past, but have come up with ZERO success. I'm also 25.

It'd be easy for me to feel this way, and some days, I honestly do a bit.

But yeah, for those guys who have NEVER tried at all, they can't blame anyone but themselves.
The same thing happened to me I felt bad for a while now I don't care at all. Because of my lifestyle I will never experience dating rejection again and that doesn't sound too bad.

Old 01-10-2016, 02:52 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Relationships have never appealed to you so you joined to post in a relationship forum? I find that odd. I dont join websites about things I have no interest in, and spend time talking about those things.
Yeah, we get guys posting every other day about giving up on women. We have guys wanting to chop their nuts off, guys that want to change their color of skin, guys making self evaluations that they're somehow asexual/aromantic, and the list goes on.

The truth is, that most guys making these excuses have low self esteem/no confidence, and is afraid of rejection; as a man, I can totally understand. Dating is really tough for the average man in this world, but nothing in this world comes easy. If you truly want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done.

Old 01-10-2016, 02:59 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,483,143 times
If you don't want to date, don't date. The only one who really cares--or really should care--about such decisions is you. This will sound harsh, but unless you have nosy relatives who try to pry into your personal life, the rest of the world isn't even going to notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Relationships have never appealed to you so you joined to post in a relationship forum? I find that odd. I dont join websites about things I have no interest in, and spend time talking about those things.
Really? I enjoy going to golf forums and talking about how I don't play golf.

Old 01-10-2016, 03:24 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
If you don't want to date, don't date. The only one who really cares--or really should care--about such decisions is you. This will sound harsh, but unless you have nosy relatives who try to pry into your personal life, the rest of the world isn't even going to notice.

Really? I enjoy going to golf forums and talking about how I don't play golf.
Golf is different. There is not a societal expectation that everyone should desire golf. There is one that everyone should desire love.

Old 01-10-2016, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Golf is different. There is not a societal expectation that everyone should desire golf. There is one that everyone should desire love.
ZOOOOM, right over your head.

I see this thread for what it is: A plea by a "new member" for women to crawl out of the woodwork and try to convince him to give love and romance a chance, because surely he has a lot to offer and womankind would be bereft if he, ah, went his own way.

Ain't gonna happen, from me at least. So, another guy decides to take himself out of the gene pool. No one is going to notice. Really.

Old 01-10-2016, 03:35 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Diss, her comment wasn't directed at you. We seem to have some new members who joined only to tell us they're not into dating.

Old 01-10-2016, 03:51 PM

103 posts, read 69,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
ZOOOOM, right over your head.

I see this thread for what it is: A plea by a "new member" for women to crawl out of the woodwork and try to convince him to give love and romance a chance, because surely he has a lot to offer and womankind would be bereft if he, ah, went his own way.

Ain't gonna happen, from me at least. So, another guy decides to take himself out of the gene pool. No one is going to notice. Really.
Im pretty sure he is not going to lose sleep because you and all the superficial women don't want to date him but keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

Old 01-10-2016, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Yeah, we get guys posting every other day about giving up on women. We have guys wanting to chop their nuts off, guys that want to change their color of skin, guys making self evaluations that they're somehow asexual/aromantic, and the list goes on.

The truth is, that most guys making these excuses have low self esteem/no confidence, and is afraid of rejection; as a man, I can totally understand. Dating is really tough for the average man in this world, but nothing in this world comes easy. If you truly want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done.
It's just as tough for women. Different kinds of issues, perhaps, but both sexes have things to contend with. Bottom line is no one, man or woman, who is healthy wants to be used, deal with a lot of emotional strife, or suffer rejection. It's a human fear, not a gender-based one. But some people are more risk-averse than others, and that's okay. It's not anyone else's job to try to convince them otherwise.

Old 01-10-2016, 04:07 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,459,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbur View Post
I'm a 24 year old guy and relationships never appealed to me. I was always very focused on my personal achievements, I wasn't the popular guy in high school, my looks are average, my parents aren't rich and I never had lots of success in sports.

I have nothing against people who are in relationships, everyone knows what's best for them but to me the perfect life would be having a house of my own, full of books and a couple of German shepherds.

I go out for drinks and dinners with friends but nothing makes me stray from my personal goals. I have no baggage, no ex-girlfriend drama or traumas from toxic relationships. It's just me and myself.

I obviously never had sex or been kissed. Even though I'm curious about that, I don't like the endless troubles that might come with that.
Your behavior is troubling. It is one thing to be not interested in dating relationships, as there are a lot of dramas, traumas, stress, etc. But you should be interested in sex and actively pursuing sex.

Also, at your age, and if your social circle is the same age approximately, people are going to start coupling up (both with non-marriage LTRs and marriages) fast. This will impact your regular, non-romantic relationships. Coupled off people generally do not want to hang around single, unattached people. On the flip side, many single, unattached people dread interacting with coupled off because of the extra wheel feelings of inadequacy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.