Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 07:03 PM

2,144 posts, read 1,879,783 times

Advertisements

Some guys get belligerent no matter what type of woman turns them down. It's the whole "Well, I didn't really want you anyway!" juvenile thing.

Old 01-11-2016, 07:12 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Why bother to put "hot" in quotes if you're just gonna not-so-humblebrag the rest of the post??

1) Attractiveness is subjective, and 2) everyone has baggage.

You don't know what a guy has been through before he gets up the nerve to talk to a stranger. And you never know how many times a woman who's just trying to hang out with friends has been hit on.

The takeaway, OP, which you should already know by now since you're SO attractive, is that men come after pretty women, and not all of the men have manners.

Not all women do either.
Because it seems that it is always worse when its the extremes. I'm not a guy so I don't know what it is like for guys to go after woman after woman and get rejected...but I'm sure its frustrating.

The thread was "inspired" by a guy who is an acquaintance who goes after ALL of the really attractive women in our circle only to get frustrated and turn a bit nasty when he is rebuffed. I often wonder why he doesn't go after some of the other women who are also really, really great girls (but are not as "hot")

Old 01-11-2016, 07:13 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
Perhaps they don't believe they are below average, maybe they have lots of self confidence and believe they have going on like that.

Old 01-11-2016, 07:18 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I think that a lot of the frustration of many men (including a few here on this forum) is that they are unrealistic about the quality (looks, background, etc.) of women that they will be able to attract. I have never understand the need for these guys to become angry when pretty women politely reject an advance from a guy who is not what we want or is not to our specific standards.

The simple act of politely rejecting a guy who is not suitable can escalate into a tirade of insults, verbal assaults, threats and intimidation. I always wonder what do these guys hope to accomplish by doing this? You can't abuse us into wanting you. And you are not entitled to the company, attention and sexual intimacy of a "pretty" girl just because you desire her. So I have always wondered why these guys don't just pursue women who are more compatible overall with them?
Are you really interested in why this happens, or did you just want to complain about it? Because the why seems pretty obvious: everybody is disappointed when they don't get what they want, whether what they want is reasonable or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Because most guys feel entitled and don't realize what "league" they're in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnaBunney View Post
This.
"most". You two are cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It's not even about below-average guys, OP. It's about any guys. Which ones get angry at rejection and lash out is not limited to those anyone deems "below average".
For that matter, it's not even about guys. It's about people.

Old 01-11-2016, 07:21 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times
Good old fashioned male entitlement.

It's a proven fact that men tend to over-estimate their worth whereas women under-value themselves.

Old 01-11-2016, 07:22 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Because it seems that it is always worse when its the extremes. I'm not a guy so I don't know what it is like for guys to go after woman after woman and get rejected...but I'm sure its frustrating.

The thread was "inspired" by a guy who is an acquaintance who goes after ALL of the really attractive women in our circle only to get frustrated and turn a bit nasty when he is rebuffed. I often wonder why he doesn't go after some of the other women who are also really, really great girls (but are not as "hot")
Because not everyone "ranks" themselves at the same place on the measuring stick that you have. Do you get it?

What if the so-called "other, not as hot" women don't realize they're just "really, really great girls"??? What if the acquaintance thinks YOU are "just" a "really, really great girl"??

You DO think you're better than him
. He's not that far off. Insults are uncalled for, but so is arrogance.

Old 01-11-2016, 07:24 PM

347 posts, read 427,419 times
I think many men and women go for people who are far more physically attractive than they are and then wonder why they can't find anyone. I realise that physical appearance isn't the be all and end all, but for both men and women physical attractiveness is important. I think most people manage to adjust their expectations at some point. But, there will always be a small group of people who haven't yet adjusted their expectations (and a few never will), and so react badly when they are rejected.

Old 01-11-2016, 07:25 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,795,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
You DO think you're better than him[/b]. He's not that far off. Insults are uncalled for, but so is arrogance.
Well put.

Old 01-11-2016, 07:27 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,226,089 times
No one likes being rejected. Admittedly this I a juvenile reaction which, hopefully most people manage to quit, once they are more enlightened. Women don't always have the best reactions either, when they are rejected.

Old 01-11-2016, 07:28 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I don't believe in leagues. Average men you can get hotties! My fat butt had 3 gorgeous men in the past. You can do it men!
You must have some pretty amazing "skills"? Money?.....? Whenever people of different levels of attractiveness get together there is some other compensating factor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.