Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 01:46 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Aka: below average/ugly guys should only pursue below average/ ugly women. Smh

This thread is gonna be good, Lol
It already is............

Old 01-12-2016, 01:49 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,056,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
We need to take the term "right" out of it because anyone has the right to feel angry after being rejected short of physically assaulting someone.

Just like anyone has the right to feel offended when someone tells them something they don't like no matter how trivial.

Just because someone has the right to do something doesn't mean it isn't immature douchebag behavior. Rights and laws do not always coincide with ethics and character. There's a lot of D-bags and Aholes who have never broke a law in their lives but are still dbags and aholes.

Quote:
Going way out of your way to come to someone's building to talk to everyone but them sure is a funny way of ignoring someone. That woman still owns you whether you believe it or not.
I'm not going out of my way. It's down the hall and it's an area that I legitimately need to go at times. I don't just go there to ignore that woman lol.

Old 01-12-2016, 01:51 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo View Post

So I take it from that emoticon that you are proud to act like an ahole?

Old 01-12-2016, 01:57 AM

Quote:
So I take it from that emoticon that you are proud to act like an ahole?
When I feel the situation calls for it, yes.

Old 01-12-2016, 01:59 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,674,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
There are some people in the world that are unable to take rejection gracefully. It has little to do with being "below average" in the looks department.
Yeah, like that guy who shot a bunch of people at his college in Santa Barbara, CA (forgot his name), because he had been rejected by the "hot" girls.

Old 01-12-2016, 02:00 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
It already is............
The OP is implying if men stuck within their 'league' they wouldn't be so angry if they got rejected.

Lmao

Old 01-12-2016, 02:11 AM

1,481 posts, read 1,225,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akonyo;

For example, there is a woman at my current job that recently rejected me. Not only did she reject me, but, in my opinion, she was rude about it. Did I get outwardly angry about it? Of course not. What did I do instead? I completely changed my behavior towards her. I ignore her now completely. I walk to her side of the building and I talk to everyone but her. I avoid her phone calls and emails. I just stay away from her completely. She's more on the quiet side, whereas, I'm outgoing and I tend to organize casual outings with coworkers. I now exclude her from these outings.

Does acting like this hurt my career? Nope. Just got a performance award. Does it stop me from dating anyone else in the office? Nope. I'm dating someone else right now.

But it definitely makes me feel good to be an ahole to her whenever chance I get.
Your behaviour in this instance I.e. Inviting everyone else out and excluding her is considered bullying. We've actually had people facing HR for such behaviour.

It's also not her fault she doesn't like you & given your behaviour afterwards, are you really surprised? Maybe the way you asked her, warranted a rude response? You might not see it that way, but she might have!

Old 01-12-2016, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1xolisiwe View Post
Your behaviour in this instance I.e. Inviting everyone else out and excluding her is considered bullying. We've actually had people facing HR for such behaviour.
Well, it's not bullying. If I don't want to invite a person to an event that is casual and not work-related, then I don't have to. If HR gets pissy about it, then I'll invite them out too.

Quote:
It's also not her fault she doesn't like you & given your behaviour afterwards, are you really surprised? Maybe the way you asked her, warranted a rude response? You might not see it that way, but she might have!
She doesn't like me first. Then, I ask. Then I'm rejected. Then I'm angry. Then, she doesn't like the anger. No I'm not surprised at this sequence of events.

Old 01-12-2016, 02:28 AM

1,481 posts, read 1,225,806 times
Quote:
Well, it's not bullying. If I don't want to invite a person to an event that is casual and not work-related, then I don't have to. If HR gets pissy about it, then I'll invite them out too.

She doesn't like me first. Then, I ask. Then I'm rejected. Then I'm angry. Then, she doesn't like the anger. No I'm not surprised at this sequence of events.
It's considered bullying if you're inviting everyone else from work except for her, even if it's just for drinks after work. This is actually used as an example of indirect bullying in our bullying and harassment policy.

As for the rejection, let it go and focus on those who are into you. If she's an introvert like me, then she's probably quite happy to be left alone. Not to mention laughing at the impact she's having on you!

Old 01-12-2016, 02:33 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
...Women rarely get rejected so don't give me that BS. Men are the ones taking all of the social risk.
Yes, they do.

Quote:
If a woman rejects me, I have every right in the world to be specifically angry at her about it AND act accordingly. That's not to say that I ever make a scene, especially since I meet many of my long-term options through work.
Except that you are making a scene. Every time that you go to her side of the building and talk to everyone but her, invite everyone but her, you most certainly are making a scene. You're the only one who can't see it.

Quote:
For example, there is a woman at my current job that recently rejected me. Not only did she reject me, but, in my opinion, she was rude about it. Did I get outwardly angry about it? Of course not. What did I do instead? I completely changed my behavior towards her. I ignore her now completely. I walk to her side of the building and I talk to everyone but her. I avoid her phone calls and emails. I just stay away from her completely. She's more on the quiet side, whereas, I'm outgoing and I tend to organize casual outings with coworkers. I now exclude her from these outings.

Does acting like this hurt my career? Nope. Just got a performance award. Does it stop me from dating anyone else in the office? Nope. I'm dating someone else right now.

But it definitely makes me feel good to be an ahole to her whenever chance I get.
You're not ignoring her, if anything, you're giving her a lot of attention. You have to pay attention to someone to go out of your way to avoid them. And your anger is definitely outward.

It's one thing to feel upset when someone rejects you, it's a whole different ball park when you act like a lunatic in the work space.

So what, someone rejected you. Man up. You're acting like a 2 year old boy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.