Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 11:05 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,546,711 times

Advertisements

This is actually a serious inquiry. Do men ever get emotionally involved with the women who start off as booty calls? Or is it "once a booty call, always a booty call"? (Wow, how many times can I say "booty call" in one post?!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2007, 11:40 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,819,676 times
Whatn the heck is a booty call? I think I know what booty is...but is it like a duck call?

Old 05-17-2007, 12:43 AM

10 posts, read 98,361 times
Oh, absolutely. I believe men are actually the more sensitive sex when it comes to stuff like that. They fall HARD in love.

Old 05-17-2007, 02:47 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,819,676 times
Oh you mean like a one night stand. Errr...I'd imagine it has happened a time or two. I have no personal experience in that matter. At least that I can remember...

Old 05-17-2007, 03:14 AM

153 posts, read 563,207 times
Default Chime in, guys

C'mon, guys. We want to hear from YOU. We women can speculate all day long and never be any wiser without YOUR input.

Old 05-17-2007, 04:16 AM

2,160 posts, read 7,514,433 times
Default absolutely

I had one 6 or 7 years ago. She is still very close in my heart and we are actually quite good friends. Sometimes its really hard to separate love from sex.

Old 05-17-2007, 08:10 AM

36 posts, read 95,286 times
Not quite, Rance. A booty call is not a one-night stand, it's someone you call primarily for sex, someone you know, maybe dated a few times in the past or whatever. Both men and women have booty calls although I'd say more often the men know what the purpose is and the women they call may be more naive about it.

Sure men can get attached to their booty calls - we are human, after all - but I'd say mostly not. By definition a booty call is usually someone you've decided you don't want a real relationship with. If you sensed an emotional connection in the first place, you would be dating that person. Men, more than women, have the ability to have sex with absolutely no emotional attachment, even if they find sex with emotional attachment more fulfilling. But we all have the primal urge for sex, and if you aren't in a relationship...that's what a booty call is for. Better if it's mutual, but I think some parties don't quite get that they are the booty call and that's it.

In one of Woody Allen's films, his lover (Diane Keaton I think) says, "Sex without love is an empty experience." And Woody's character says in reply, "But as far as empty experiences go, it's one of the best." That sums it up pretty well for men I think.

Old 05-17-2007, 08:39 AM

3,020 posts, read 25,729,009 times
Default Well, boy Sandy, you are getting very scientific

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
This is actually a serious inquiry. Do men ever get emotionally involved with the women who start off as booty calls? Or is it "once a booty call, always a booty call"? (Wow, how many times can I say "booty call" in one post?!)
Of course the real answer is it depends on the man. I have a theory 90% of the men are rather stupid animals when it comes to women. I have another theory that sezs 95% of the women are even more stupid when it comes to men.

So the question should be do you want to talk about the big group of men who pretty much have most of their brains behind their zipper or do you want to talk about the more selective smaller group of men? What some might call the Good Guys.

I would guess most of your disco crowd will fall into the first larger group. So you will be encouraged to learn a lil strange will go a long way to falling deeply in Love. But then you have that problem with the first group that those same guys like to have a bit of strange with more than one provider. So it quickly can become complicated. More like I Love You Baby, when I am with / in you baby. That emotional switch tend to have more than one position. In general I would then say, you do not have the direct proportional results you might seek with this bunch.

To that smaller more select group it will get even tougher. They will divide out into many individuals with separate well thought out lines of reasoning. Some might go for a game plan, quick score and get out of Dodge. Your far better gameplan is to understand this group at a mental level, not try to do the emotional thing. Plus the better ones may not put as much significance on the booty as you want to believe. It is only one factor. Love and emotional involvement is far more an intellectual aspect than physical, I would say the 95% in the big women's group will always have difficultity with the smaller more selective mens group. The more selective men's group might use them for just a nice warm jump but that is about all it will be, unless she has a lot more to offer. Those women are probably doomed to have to get their jollies in the more numerous loser inclined mens group where the rules are more easy and you might have more success with form following function.

In today's World if she is offering too easy, the next question would be, where was she last week? Where is she going to be next week? Doesn't mean he will not love you for this week.

Does this mean, the question has some real World bearing???? Remember in the New World Order, sex is mostly a commodity, you can buy / sell / trade it or just give it away and not all the girls are the same. It does not mean I love you. Was what I always hated about those quick hitting girls, they never said I love you, before they made you do it.

Now that I have answered this question so very accurately and complete, you will know exactly what to do next.

Old 05-17-2007, 06:02 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,250,592 times
Rent the movie Booty Call if you don't know what a booty call is.

Basically, it's your sex buddy. You call 'em and it is understood: Let's have sex, no strings attached. I don't think it ever turns that way though.

I'm a girl, so I'm just speculating.

Old 05-17-2007, 08:56 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,206,581 times
Booty call- the kids around here are now calling it a jump off. Ya jump on, then ya jump off. I never thought of it as being the same as an f buddy. I always thought of that as a friend you can call, whereas a booty call was one-sided, with no real friendship involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships