Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 08:50 AM

3 posts, read 2,335 times

Advertisements

I've been with this guy for 6 months and for the most part, our relationship has been great. He treats me how I have always wanted someone to. But, yesterday he got mad at me for not texting back quickly. He has never done that before. His reasoning was that he's in a different state now and I'm with my friend and he won't be able to talk much the next few days so he just wanted to talk now. Which is fine, except he made me feel terrible for not replying for 20 minutes while I was busy. He argued with me for 20 minutes before he realized he overreacting. So he apologized and we were back to normal. Then, this morning I wake up to a text that says he is mad because he saw on one of my old Instagram posts that I had thanked a guy I had been with before for saying happy birthday. This was a post from before we started dating. He said it upsets him because we were "talking." Yes, we had been texting but hadn't even hung out until after my birthday. I had posted a picture about my birthday and gotten some comments and this guy that I was with once (and regretted it, and hadn't spoken to him since) commented "happy birthday!" So, I was going through replying back and just wrote "thank you! @example1 @guyiwaswith @example3" I was being polite by tagging their names. My boyfriend decided this was upsetting and tried to make me feel bad. We argued for awhile, before I brought up something he had done after we were dating. He didn't like that, so he brought up every time I have ever overreacted. I feel like this is really unusual for him to fish out things from the past and reasons to be mad at me. He just finally sent me a text apologizing and saying he's sorry for being insecure. But I don't know how to handle this. I love him but won't be able to take it if he keeps acting this way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2016, 08:55 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,291,702 times
Read ^^^^^^^^^^^^^your words and make a decision in regards to your own life and how you want to live it.
Do you really want to be treated that way for years to come?

Old 02-06-2016, 09:03 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,015,250 times
This is my single bit life with man is more complicated than wishing a happy birthday or merry Christmas or valentine or what ever days you can call of. It is a challenge and something to work with. So you need to think what you want and how you want to be treated. And please make para's, full stops, commas next time when you write something Just saying.

Old 02-06-2016, 09:15 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,188,694 times
Ask him if there is something bothering him. If this is out of character, there may be something going on that is hard for him to deal with right now that might not even have anything to do with you.

Old 02-06-2016, 09:25 AM

6,885 posts, read 7,900,693 times
Wait, did your BF go out of town temporarily? Or has he moved? why is he in another state?

Old 02-06-2016, 09:33 AM

My boyfriend is only in Colorado for 5 days.

Old 02-06-2016, 09:35 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,188,694 times
Is this the first time you've been apart?

Old 02-06-2016, 09:50 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,823,508 times
Tell him he's acting like an insecure teenage GIRL. That'll get his attention.

Old 02-06-2016, 09:57 AM

Yes we've never really spent time apart..

Old 02-06-2016, 10:40 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,898,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl900 View Post
My boyfriend is only in Colorado for 5 days.
Wow, he's away for 5 days and he turns into a psycho. Seriously, this guy obviously has some major control/paranoia/jealousy issues - he may have kept them well hidden for the first six months but it's cropping up now and if you stay with him, you only show him that you're willing to put up with it. It will start creeping into your relationship even once he is back in town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships