Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 08:15 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDocKat View Post
I wonder if there are any for old, not middle-aged, persons who are looking only for companionship.
There are a few for older folks. Of course it's for all ranges of relationships.
You can specify what you want, the same as other sites.
One is SeniorPeopleMeet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2016, 08:51 AM

1,204 posts, read 1,217,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurekidd View Post
Ok, call me crazy, but maybe try forgetting the app and start looking around for a date with a real person?? When I was single, I never had any trouble finding a cute woman to talk to and flirt with, and even after a divorce at 46 was able to meet the love of my life without a stupid phone app. PUT DOWN THE DAMNED PHONE AND TALK TO HER!!!
Why all the judgments? People are different, simple as that.

Also, plenty of people don't NEED dating sites/apps, it's just in addition to the other avenues they're using.

Old 02-13-2016, 09:10 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurekidd View Post
Ok, call me crazy, but maybe try forgetting the app and start looking around for a date with a real person?? When I was single, I never had any trouble finding a cute woman to talk to and flirt with, and even after a divorce at 46 was able to meet the love of my life without a stupid phone app. PUT DOWN THE DAMNED PHONE AND TALK TO HER!!!
I really don't get why this is such a different concept for people to understand. Tinder/OKC/etc. are supplements to dating, it's one way to date, not the only way to date. These apps/sites give you access to potentially meet people you'll probably never even see, especially if you live in a big city.

Before I moved to a different part of Houston last November, my current girlfriend and the lady I dated before her lived in apartment complexes that were literally less than 3 minutes from me, but I would've never met or seen them otherwise if it wasn't for Hinge (current gf) and Tinder.

Like seriously. It. Is. Not. That. Difficult. To. Understand.

Oh wait, that explains it.

Old 02-13-2016, 11:28 AM

403 posts, read 363,945 times
I'm from Boston, moving to NYC soon so changed all my locations to NYC recently. So far, the only dating apps I use are OKC and CMB. OKC is good with their algorithms but.. not much guys on there that I was attracted to (I'm only into cute, educated Asian guys ever 5'8 ha ha ha). But so far, CMB win hands down for me in terms of matches (they are more serious on there..) and I'm looking for something long-term, not just a fling. Currently talking to 2 cute guys on there and have seen a few other profiles that caught my eyes.. just haven't matched up. Fyi, age range I'm looking at is 28-35.

Old 02-13-2016, 04:07 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Difficult. Not different*

Old 02-13-2016, 05:36 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasiscakes View Post
I'm from Boston, moving to NYC soon so changed all my locations to NYC recently. So far, the only dating apps I use are OKC and CMB. OKC is good with their algorithms but.. not much guys on there that I was attracted to (I'm only into cute, educated Asian guys ever 5'8 ha ha ha). But so far, CMB win hands down for me in terms of matches (they are more serious on there..) and I'm looking for something long-term, not just a fling. Currently talking to 2 cute guys on there and have seen a few other profiles that caught my eyes.. just haven't matched up. Fyi, age range I'm looking at is 28-35.

What is CMB????

Old 02-13-2016, 05:37 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
What is CMB????
https://coffeemeetsbagel.com/

A guess

https://coffeemeetsbagel.com/about/

Edit a better link

Old 02-13-2016, 09:27 PM

403 posts, read 363,945 times
^ Yup.

I was never a fan of dating apps.. even with OKC I was just bombarded with creeps, and the ONE or TWO guys I ever connected with were only looking for flings it seemed.

Then I saw CMB where it was featured on Shark Tank and Mark Cuban offered like 35 mil for the app so I got curious.. it was founded by 3 Asian girls from Harvard if I remember correctly. It's definitely very slow paced.. usually only 1 match per day but I somehow been getting 5 bonus matches per day, probably because I just changed my location to NYC.
Anyways, as slow as it is, I very much enjoy it, the pool is SO much better and way more filtered. Most guys on there i haven't even seen on OKC and many guys I was matched with went to Harvard, Yale, NYU, etc. (Just mentioning that to show the quality of pool).
Also, none of the guys have ever been creepy on there.
It's not for everyone because it might be TOO slow paced but so far, I'm happy due to my matches. These guys are cute, educated, and I doubt I'd be able to meet them as easily since moving to a new city!

Just my 2 cents.

Old 02-13-2016, 10:04 PM

214 posts, read 260,254 times
I think it's safe to say all dating sites suck.

Old 02-13-2016, 10:12 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,527,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty-Mill View Post
I think it's safe to say all dating sites suck.
I'm not sure on this......... As I've known people do well out of it

I've only ever done real life but I'm awful at taking a good picture so....... When it comes to my personality and sense of humour they wouldn't come that close as in real life LOL.

I might try it one day just to see what all the fuss is about

Last edited by Londoncowboy30; 02-13-2016 at 10:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships