Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 05:05 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasiscakes View Post
^ Yup.

I was never a fan of dating apps.. even with OKC I was just bombarded with creeps, and the ONE or TWO guys I ever connected with were only looking for flings it seemed.

Then I saw CMB where it was featured on Shark Tank and Mark Cuban offered like 35 mil for the app so I got curious.. it was founded by 3 Asian girls from Harvard if I remember correctly. It's definitely very slow paced.. usually only 1 match per day but I somehow been getting 5 bonus matches per day, probably because I just changed my location to NYC.
Anyways, as slow as it is, I very much enjoy it, the pool is SO much better and way more filtered. Most guys on there i haven't even seen on OKC and many guys I was matched with went to Harvard, Yale, NYU, etc. (Just mentioning that to show the quality of pool).
Also, none of the guys have ever been creepy on there.
It's not for everyone because it might be TOO slow paced but so far, I'm happy due to my matches. These guys are cute, educated, and I doubt I'd be able to meet them as easily since moving to a new city!

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks, I looked at it last night. New one to me. Definitely an educated and professional pool (as I find OKC is), but initially (very small sample size) everyone seems to be religious or that BS thing (to me) "spiritual but not religious". But it seems low effort so I'll keep an eye on it. Not very substantial for profiles either. But hey, why not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2016, 05:47 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
I've now successfully obtained at least one date in POF, OKCupid, Math.com, and Christian Mingle. None of them aspired to anything though.

I just had a date with a lady I met on CM yesterday and it didn't work out.

When you meet people in real life it's different because when you eventually go on a date you know a bit more about them.

With OLD they and you are basically complete strangers. I think that's the root problem with OLD.

Old 02-14-2016, 09:06 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,460,293 times
Tinder and Hinge are probably the hottest apps right now.

Old 02-14-2016, 11:24 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post

With OLD they and you are basically complete strangers. I think that's the root problem with OLD.

I won't say real life isn't preferable, but with a good profile on something like OKC you can really get a feel for what makes someone tick. Reading their responses to questions is critical.

I just deleted Hinge again. Met a couple of ok people, but there is such scant information it is like a complete crapshoot. It's like looking across a bar and saying, hey, lets go out. That's just a cruddy return for the effort.

Old 02-14-2016, 07:41 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,398,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
I've now successfully obtained at least one date in POF, OKCupid, Math.com, and Christian Mingle. None of them aspired to anything though.

I just had a date with a lady I met on CM yesterday and it didn't work out.

When you meet people in real life it's different because when you eventually go on a date you know a bit more about them.

I want to be the numerator to your denominator

Old 02-14-2016, 11:46 PM

13,656 posts, read 9,714,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
... my current girlfriend and the lady I dated before her lived in apartment complexes that were literally less than 3 minutes from me, but I would've never met or seen them otherwise if it wasn't for Hinge (current gf) and Tinder. ...
"Literally less than 3 minutes from me" - driving at our rural 55 mph speed limit - are perhaps 1-2 dozen houses, of whom (to my knowledge) all residents are senior-citizens, or nearly so. There are a few widows, but otherwise the denizens are married couples.

So it's either online dating, or attempted unnatural relations with the local ungulates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships