Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 06:33 PM

16 posts, read 10,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Guys seem genetically programmed to exploit weaknesses in others. We do that all the time. You probably get stared at because you look interesting .. and you shouldn't worry about what other people think, only about what you think - especially when it concerns matters of appearances.

You need to decide the move that is right for you but if it were me I would tell him you are crushing on him. In any case, he would likely be very flattered; you may feel foolish at the moment but will ultimately feel better afterwords.

NOOOOO..i can NEVER tell him! Our friendship means a lot to me and I won't let anything ruin that. I thought about telling him I like him jokingly just to get it out of my system but I don't want to lead him on or anything. And his wife would be very upset if some 20sth girl told her husband she likes him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2016, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4eversearching View Post
What would telling him accomplish? I think telling his is a very bad idea.

And btw, I'm aging very well so far, for being tall and curvy. People always think I'm 10 years younger. So don't judge all of us.
Yeah it would be a bad idea.
Some white women do age very well too
Btw judging from your location, I thought you were a bloke..lol

Old 02-22-2016, 06:41 PM

346 posts, read 730,815 times
Really? I'm scared now to know what it says my location is, haha!

Yep, aging isn't all about ethnicity. It's luck of parental genetics, staying out of the sun, not smoking, etc.
And, one theory, you say you're insecure about yourself. Maybe you like older guys, because many of them are secure (in job, finances, etc.), so that makes you feel taken care of, and boosts your self esteem. One possibility. I generally do think, though, that guys who go for women much younger than themselves, are gross and have insecurities themselves.

Old 02-22-2016, 06:55 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,269,032 times
Quote:
I generally do think, though, that guys who go for women much younger than themselves, are gross and have insecurities themselves.
I don't "go for them" since I have nothing in common with a teen or early 20's girl. Doesn't mean I can't look and admire. I did feel a bit guilty having impure thoughts watching Chloe Grace Moretz playing Hit Girl in that first Kick Ass movie when she was 13 or 14.

Quote:
Really? I'm scared now to know what it says my location is, haha!
Your location says "Your mom's house". That didn't have me thinking tall blonde woman who looks 10 years younger than her age, either.

Old 02-22-2016, 07:00 PM

Lol! I forgot I wrote that. Oh well, it still stands and not changing it. Haha.

Old 02-22-2016, 07:06 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,269,032 times
Quote:
Lol! I forgot I wrote that. Oh well, it still stands and not changing it. Haha.
Mom! What's for dinner?

Actually, mom is in assisted living with dementia. She wouldn't remember what's for dinner, sadly.

Old 02-22-2016, 07:07 PM

Quote:
I generally do think, though, that guys who go for women much younger than themselves, are gross and have insecurities themselves.
The whole idea (people) is so shallow actually.
I have a friend of my age who looks like she's in her mid 30s. Always dated guys in their 40s but nobody said anything as she looks very mature.
I have no problems with a 50 yo guy dating a 30 yo woman but a 40yo male dating a 20yo girl would be a bit over the top imo.

Old 02-22-2016, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Mom! What's for dinner?

Actually, mom is in assisted living with dementia. She wouldn't remember what's for dinner, sadly.
Well with my cooking skills, it's probably good that she doesn't remember.

Old 02-22-2016, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
I don't "go for them" since I have nothing in common with a teen or early 20's girl. Doesn't mean I can't look and admire.
I have a lot in common with my teacher for a hobby of mine who is in his early 40s. A lot of older men CAN have a lot in common with a younger women, they just dont want to risk being called a dirty old man by exploring i guess lol. My old boss used to complain about having to take the tube or have lunch with me alone. Sometimes he'd be like "people are looking at me and think what's this guy doing with this young lady"
I consider myself as an old(er) soul who appreciates jazz and classical music, hate mainstream pop culture, hate chick flicks, is totally inactive on social media and well travelled etc. so sometimes I can get along with older people quite well. However, I am still young and therefore not cynical or "ruined" (I hate how society describes 30+ women) so cannot understand a lot of the things that older adults experience, such as wanting more than 2 children or not getting a divorce because kids are still young.

Old 02-22-2016, 07:25 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
You like what you like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships