Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 07:05 PM

469 posts, read 567,233 times

Advertisements

so I ran into an interesting situation today. I went to the library to take an online college exam and a buddy of mine joined me during the exam and kept me company. The next table over was his friend (We'll use the name Jane for anonymity. She is of Vietnamese descent, very pretty. Probably out of my league.) . My buddy and her are friends and have been for a few years. Throughout the exam they were conversing, joking etc. and then came a point in the conversation where the girl turned the topic to me (I had completed my exam at this point). She said my friend wouldn't go on a small date with her and that he wouldn't hang out (couldn't tell if serious or not. I was still in the testing mindset). Jane then got my name and said, "Ryan, would you like to go to lunch with me? Eric won't go with me." She then proceeded to name a place on campus and asked if I would like to go. I responded "Sure!" We then quickly discussed a few couple of side notes and then Eric and I proceeded on our way. As we were leaving, she blew me a kiss and smiled.. Was this playful flirting or was it something more?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2016, 07:07 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,462,559 times
Go find out.

Old 02-23-2016, 07:11 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,725,991 times
The entire thing seems a bit childish honestly.

Seems like she just wants attention.

Old 02-23-2016, 07:13 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,386,025 times
What's wrong with "playful flirting"? Isn't that enough at this point? She did ask you out to lunch - don't think so much and just wait and see at lunch!

And really what's the worst that can happen - you have a pleasant lunch with a pretty girl and you just don't go out again? I can think of lots of things worse than that...who knows, you might meet some of her friends.

Old 02-23-2016, 07:24 PM

oh, there's nothing wrong. I just didn't get a number or anything because I thought she was joking. But I should ask my buddy and find out.

Old 02-23-2016, 07:30 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,551,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
The entire thing seems a bit childish honestly.

Seems like she just wants attention.
This exactly, but go and see where her head is. Keep it mature on your end, don't give in to childishness if she approaches your entire 'date' with the playfulness she had when she met you. If she does this it's likely she's not remotely serious or is one of those girls who does cosplay and giggles when she's alone.

Old 02-23-2016, 07:38 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryazer24 View Post
oh, there's nothing wrong. I just didn't get a number or anything because I thought she was joking. But I should ask my buddy and find out.
WHAT? You missed an opportunity like that? Even if she was joking, you could have shown her that YOU weren't. You had the perfect window to show her you were a man who is not afraid to go for what he wants.

You didn't, she saw that, and you can't erase that now.

Old 02-23-2016, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
WHAT? You missed an opportunity like that? Even if she was joking, you could have shown her that YOU weren't. You had the perfect window to show her you were a man who is not afraid to go for what he wants.

You didn't, she saw that, and you can't erase that now.
like I said, I was out of it.

Old 02-23-2016, 08:01 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Playful flirting.

If you think she was cute, follow through. But don't get too emotionally invested too early.

Why "won't" your friend go out with her? He must know her fairly well.

Old 02-24-2016, 09:07 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,910,434 times
She might be attracted to you. On the other hand she might be trying to make your friend jealous. Or she just might like the attention and not be serious. No harm in finding out though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships