Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 04:01 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara442 View Post
Man I know, I'm an idiot honestly. Thanks for pointing that out! Lol. A part of me hates him, and a part of me feels bad and thinks he still cares and is just a confused lost soul. Sigh
There's possibly 'trouble in paradise' with his new gf, ergo, the text message.

Old 02-24-2016, 04:04 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,770,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
The grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence.

Old 02-24-2016, 04:17 PM

24 posts, read 13,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Oh he's still texting me right now as we speak. Just very briefly telling me he's sorry and "well if you hate me I understand" like why? He honestly expected me to want to be his friend...it blows my mind. The thought of them together makes me sick and so mad.

Old 02-24-2016, 04:21 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:

The thought of them together makes me sick and so mad.
... which is why you should block him.

He's STILL messing with you, and it's really not about you. It's about him. He wants to believe that "all of you" girls still want him. It's an ego boost, that's all.

Old 02-24-2016, 04:21 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
@snugglegirl05 He did not ever tell me he was unhappy, or I would have tried to fix it. I thought everything was ok. I'm being completely honest when I say he gave me about 5 different reasons for our break up. (and changed his mind about some/took it back).

I know he may sound like a jerk or whatever, but he was honestly a great boyfriend. He is obviously confused, but I don't feel as if that's an excuse to do what he did. I cannot sit back and watch him be with the woman he left me for...but he turns around and says something like "Well if you don't want to be friends I can't force you just know I care about you" just weird things, almost as if he is trying to manipulate me into feeling bad over not wanting a friendship.

No, he was not a great BF. He pretended to be one. HUGE difference.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-24-2016, 04:23 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:
Oh he's still texting me right now as we speak. Just very briefly telling me he's sorry and "well if you hate me I understand" like why? He honestly expected me to want to be his friend...it blows my mind. The thought of them together makes me sick and so mad.
Its all a game. The guy isn't truly sorry for anything. Tell him to f-off.

And you, just stop already with the contact, Lol. Can you not see what he's doing?

Old 02-24-2016, 04:25 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Yep, he is totally playing with your emotions to get you back on the hook.

Listen. If he is unhappy with his current GF, he should leave her before sending out texts like this to anyone.

That's what he should have done with you too, but he chose to start up with her before breaking up with you. Not sexually, but emotionally.

Do not tolerate this. Do not talk to him.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-24-2016, 04:26 PM

346 posts, read 730,815 times
Yeah, you're still taking the bait by texting with him. I did that too and feel dumb now that I did. When you're in it, it's hard to see what he's doing though. A real apology will never come, from him or her. It will drive him more nuts if you block him and don't contact. I wish I'd gone that route. As a mutual friend my my ex and mine said to me, "Just drop the mic and exist left." Move on to better things and better people.

Old 02-24-2016, 04:32 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,581,375 times
Quote:
I was with my boyfriend for 3 years, and our relationship ended about 3 months ago.

The reason our relationship ended is well...he started becoming more 'close' with another woman who was a mutual friend of ours. Within about a month of this, he ultimately ended our relationship in order to be with her. I knew about their friendship and had no issues with it, but I did not know they were falling in love. They started their relationship only a week after we broke up.

I was so crushed, and felt so betrayed by both of them. My boyfriend gave me multiple excuses as to why he did not want to be with me, and the whole situation was very heart wrenching, and very confusing. It all happened so fast I didn't really understand anything, so I just let them go live their new life together and that was that. I was of course very mad and hurt, but did not speak to them ever again.
I have been trying to heal and work on myself, but it's been hard. This has all been very overwhelming to say the least.

Last night, I received a text message from my ex boyfriend, (again, this is 3 months after our breakup). ...

He told me he still misses me and cries sometimes over me, that he never meant to hurt me but just loved this other woman more than me, but that he still cares a lot about me and always will, etc.
I was shocked that he expected me to be his friend again after everything that happened...Mind you, I feel that he cheated on me with the woman he left me for, because they started a deep emotional bond.

Good for you !! His needs in this situation do not matter - only yours and it is better for you to just forget about this guy who was obviously misleading you but sometimes things don't work out. You know what to do.

I mean come on now, I'm still in the process of healing and meanwhile he immediately got together with the woman he hurt me with, and is mad at me now because I don't want to be friends?...

You are telling yourself the right things. He is looking for to have his cake and eat it too (have two women in love with him). F that - just carry on and do your best to act like the both of them don't exist.

Can you guys help me understand what's going on here? I really can't think straight.
Good to see you seem to know what your doing.

Old 02-24-2016, 04:35 PM

24 posts, read 13,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4eversearching View Post
Yeah, you're still taking the bait by texting with him. I did that too and feel dumb now that I did. When you're in it, it's hard to see what he's doing though. A real apology will never come, from him or her. It will drive him more nuts if you block him and don't contact. I wish I'd gone that route. As a mutual friend my my ex and mine said to me, "Just drop the mic and exist left." Move on to better things and better people.
Well we did go no contact for the last 3 months, I had no interest in talking to him after what he did. I was very surprised to see he texted me yesterday. And throughout our conversation I couldn't tell whether he really did care or had some disturbing intention by wanting to be friends. I had to come for advice because I really just don't understand what's going on.

He's not the 'trolling' type so I don't think he's doing it just to be a dick, I think he's very confused or possibly some issues with the new gf. He falls in love very easily and is a very open person...which now I see isn't a good thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships