Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 10:02 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,035,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Hormonal changes have a lot to do with it. Estrogen and progesterone levels start to decrease, leaving us with enough testosterone to make us almost as horny as teenage boys. Personally, in my 20s and early 30s I could take it or leave it, but after 35 has been a whole other story.
Crap, I was the opposite. Now I could take it or leave it.

Old 02-29-2016, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterLover2 View Post
You are by far, the exception then.

It's how humans are, changes in hormones. I can't explain how you would lose sexual appetite in your late 30's when 90% of other women's sexual appetites are growing at that time
Maybe because I was an early bloomer. Or I am so over men and their nonsense that the last remaining perk they can provide, has diminished as well.

Old 02-29-2016, 10:05 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,187,089 times
OMG how many of these threads do we need?? Date who you want!

Old 02-29-2016, 10:17 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,483,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
How many times are we going to rehash this old, old, ollllllld chestnut?

How many times and how many ways is it possible to start "Eew, how old does a hag have to be before she's totally gross, blargh" threads?

Seriously. Dog with a bone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
I agree. I don't know why people participate in these often mean spirited threads masquerading as genuine inquiries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by magpiehere View Post
OMG how many of these threads do we need?? Date who you want!
Oh, come on, y'all. Didn't you get the memo? Women's faces and bodies just aren't subjected to enough scrutiny! Get with the program! A woman's face and body are public property to be critiqued every chance you get. She is only as good as her looks, and her entire worth as a human being is wrapped up in whether some rando's peen pops when he sees her. Geez, with your out-of-touchiness. Now start objectifying, before I report you to the mods for hijacking the thread with your PC balderdash.

Old 02-29-2016, 10:21 AM

182 posts, read 118,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Maybe because I was an early bloomer. Or I am so over men and their nonsense that the last remaining perk they can provide, has diminished as well.
It's obvious you are over men based on the content of your posts

Old 02-29-2016, 10:30 AM

Quote:
It's obvious you are over men based on the content of your posts
Yup, never thought the day would come. I always thought my older single friends were crazy when they hung up the towel. I get it now.

Old 02-29-2016, 10:32 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Yup, never thought the day would come. I always thought my older single friends were crazy when they hung up the towel. I get it now.
And yet you say you are in a relationship right now.

Something doesn't add up.

Old 02-29-2016, 10:36 AM

50,795 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
You are by far, the exception then.

It's how humans are, changes in hormones. I can't explain how you would lose sexual appetite in your late 30's when 90% of other women's sexual appetites are growing at that time
Timing is different for every woman. My sexual drive "peaked" in my late 30's followed by a swift decline in my early 40's. Almost all women's drive declines as they approach menopause. Mine is back only because I'm on hormone replacement. Some women enter this phase earlier, or later, than other women. There is no "90%" measurement I have ever read of.

Old 02-29-2016, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
And yet you say you are in a relationship right now.

Something doesn't add up.
I have zero expectations. We most likely will not live together any time soon. Because we each have our own lives and merging them is nearly impossible.

The price of being a parent.

Old 02-29-2016, 10:43 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
Oh, come on, y'all. Didn't you get the memo? Women's faces and bodies just aren't subjected to enough scrutiny! Get with the program! A woman's face and body are public property to be critiqued every chance you get. She is only as good as her looks, and her entire worth as a human being is wrapped up in whether some rando's peen pops when he sees her. Geez, with your out-of-touchiness. Now start objectifying, before I report you to the mods for hijacking the thread with your PC balderdash.
Haha, can't rep you right now, but I love it.

To me, the ones that start these threads are all mostly frustrated, upset, and lashing out to feel better. I mean, look at this forum. Thread after thread of how women have it better, how women just have to walk out of their house and perfect men flock to them, how women are too judgmental, how women only date guys who are 10s with a million dollars in in hand, etc.

Every now and then it's offset by a "well women are really only 'worthy' when they are 18-23 years old" (or some other such nonsense).

On one hand (and it's usually the same posters) agree that woman have all this power and control but in the next hand, they say women are worthless unless they meet very strict criteria for age, looks, beauty, fertility, etc.

It's one extreme and then the other.

It's sour grapes. They have this twisted misperception of women being these all powerful goddess who lord over them. So after building them up with all that imaginary power they think women have, at some point they feel the need to lash out and knock down their imaginary woman a few pegs. But in no time at all the same old crowd will be back to building up their twisted perception of what they think women are like.

The root of the problem is men who don't see women as fellow human beings as varied and unique as they are. Why some men think this way, I don't know. It's almost like a mental illness, maybe it is a form of psychosis. And I am not saying that lightly, people with a psychosis can be depressed, angry, and have very strong (but false) beliefs. They can also think the world (or in this case women) are out to get them/plotting against them (or in this case men).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships